A member of the survival team needs your help.

I will try to be in touch with Karen. I do have their paypal address, but as Jeff said we don't want to do something to step on their toes. I'll let ya'll know when I hear something.
Thanks Katie, please do.... I am gonna order some things from them, but I have more "stuff" now than I can say grace over.

I would welcome, as I am sure many would; the opportunity to just simply help out a brother.

Simple as that..... :thumbup: .. :)

I just bookmarked this page in the last 2 weeks! When I pulled Jeff's link I realized it was the same link I bookmarked. Funny how things turn up like this. I feel for him and his family.

I didn't see an online store on the website. I did see the magazine subscription but online store? Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks. I will more than likely be getting a subscription.

**EDIT** How bout the big general store link in the middle of the page! Sorry for the lapse!

All, one of the members notified me that what I posted here may be against the rules for Bladefourms. If it is then I apologize and will correct the post to conform since rules are rules. I have an email in with Spark asking for some feedback. Meantime I'm going to lock this thread until I hear from him. Hopefully it does not violate the rules because in my opinion, the whole survival community (and even the popularity of Bladefroums) owes a lot to Ron because he was out front pushing what we love long before it was popular. Even if it does "technically" violate then maybe we can have some leniency on this one. Hope so.

Jeff

Guys, just a quick update. Just got an email from Ron. He does not want charity. Again, he's a quid pro quo guy and simply wants to make his living on his own merit and what he's built. I have a ton of respect for that. So, the best thing we can all do is buy something we can use from his company. His videos and products are time tested. We can use them and learn from them. So, lets focus on Hoods Woods, the company, and not necessarily wear our hearts on our sleeves (as hard as that might be when one of our brothers is down). Ron's gonna beat this thing and come back strong. I guarantee that. We appreciate every one of you! We are still going to have a contest for a complete set of his videos. The mods are working on that now.

I never heard whether this violates any rules so I'm opening it back up. In my opinion, Ron Hood is far too important to worry about technicalities at this stage. If I'm doing wrong then the mods can shoot me. I've been shot before.

I never heard whether this violates any rules so I'm opening it back up. In my opinion, Ron Hood is far too important to worry about technicalities at this stage. If I'm doing wrong then the mods can shoot me. I've been shot before.

even if it did, we got good folx repeating the threads elsewhere, and i support them. no locking them down. too important a message.

i urge you all, to buy some product, and learn something too. great dvds.

I love Ron and Karen. They are wonderful, wonderful people. I also enjoy their videos. My favorites are the cave cooking ones. Yummy :)

What a great show of support for family and friends. This thread shows again why the ESEE team has an immense amount of class. Proud to own your knives, folks. Now I'm heading to Ron's site to make a purchase.

Guys, just a quick update. Just got an email from Ron. He does not want charity. Again, he's a quid pro quo guy and simply wants to make his living on his own merit and what he's built. I have a ton of respect for that.

Very typical trait of a true survivor.....I'll check out his site too and offer our prayers as well for healing.

Just got some stuff from their website. Had always wondered about some of their DVD's so decided now was a good time to get a few. I will keep him in my prayers. I don't know them personally, but I am acquainted with a few people who have posted here, and I trust them when they say Ron and Karen are good people. Too few truly good folks in this world not to support them when they're down.

Good on you Jeff and Co..... I think Ron if anyone will get through this. Hell I think he's going to outlive all of us..;) Continued prayers and well wishes to Ron, Karen, and Jesse...

I have most of Rons videos..and I can tell you..even my girlfriend loves them..and her idea of ruffing it and mine are in two different galaxies.
We have watched them all quite a few times..and they are great, full of great info. IF you dont have them..get them, they are the best out there IMO.

I have most of Rons videos..and I can tell you..even my girlfriend loves them..and her idea of ruffing it and mine are in two different galaxies.
We have watched them all quite a few times..and they are great, full of great info. IF you dont have them..get them, they are the best out there IMO.

right on!

soon, i'll be on the know about some of these bushcrafting sekrits :)

then i'll need a local gf to go into the bush with :p

Thumbs up Jeff.
Just getting past something very similar in my house. The best way to get through anything like Master Ron is dealing with is with family and friends supporting you.
I already own just about everything Hood's Woods has available but I know of several others that have received Ron's DVDs from my family this holiday in support of the Hoods.
Ron's the man and everyone should let him know it buy making a purchase. It's a win, win all around.
;^)

Thumbs up Jeff.
Just getting past something very similar in my house. The best way to get through anything like Master Ron is dealing with is with family and friends supporting you.
I already own just about everything Hood's Woods has available but I know of several others that have received Ron's DVDs from my family this holiday in support of the Hoods.
Ron's the man and everyone should let him know it buy making a purchase. It's a win, win all around.
;^)

If family and friends help, Ron will be just fine. :thumbup:

Hello Mr. Randall -

Thank you for letting me know about this.

I ordered two dvd's and I look forward to watching and learning from them.

I had seen Mr. Hood's video's on youtube, and enjoyed them, but I did not know that Mr. Hood had a connection here at BF.

Thanks again for the information.

best regards -

mqqn

Last edited:
Back