A smaller ZT

Would you buy a small ZT/ Kershaw in the ZT 0550 price and quality range?

• Yes! I would have no problem spending $200 to $300 on such a knife.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only if it was less expensive ($100-$199)

• No, the only premium KAI products i want are knives built like the current ZT line (tanks)

• No, I wouldn't purchase any high priced KAI knives

• Total voters
Alright guys I've heard from a lot of people that they wish ZT made a knife that was more easy to pocket. I want high quality ZTs or Kershaws in the $80 to $200 range with EDC/pocket knife dimensions! Kershaw takes their customers seriously so here's your chance to tell 'em. Let them know that there's a market for these knives. Sound off with your ideas/opinions.

I'd love to see them make a smaller ZT 0560 with a 3" ~ 3.25" blade. Maybe change the texture on the G10 scales, and offer these knives in other colors; like blue or orange.. :)

A Tiger Stripe version would be cool, too..

I'd love to see them make a smaller ZT 0560 with a 3" ~ 3.25" blade. Maybe change the texture on the G10 scales, and offer these knives in other colors; like blue or orange.. :)

That would basically be my dream knife . . you got in before i started the poll! speedy gonzales

I have a 561 and love it! But there have been a few times that those around me ask what do you need such a big knife for? All I can say is a 3-3.5" blade would please them.

I would like Kershaw to do what ZT does, only without the military overtones. Basically, make more high end jaw dropping designs more frequently. I like what ZT is doing, but they are always going to be large and overbuilt -because that is their calling card. Kershaw could focus more on high speed light weight EDC type stuff.

I would buy this knife in a heart beat! I have not jumped on the ZT bandwagon yet but I like the 0560 in Elmax. I would like a slightly thinner blade also. Make it happen ZT in black and you will sell a butt load. I'll buy two.

I would love to see some higher end material kershaws in the 3"-4" range things like the volt and the tilt, are what i'm talking about but not Limited edition. Maybe mix it up with some different steels like m390,more d2,more s30v,s35v,elmax,s110, etc... I'm not saying that it has to dominate the kershaw lineup but maybe 3 or so in the lineup with these. Another thing i would like to see is full flat ground on a few of these kinfes. Keep the clamshell serrations ( they are the best in the industry in my opinion hands down)and the composited blades, they rule.

Another huge thing would be colors. Different colors would be great. g10, frn, aluminum, micarta I just want some options! I like how they started using different patterns on the g10 but now is the time to take another step forward. Look at the leeks, scallions, and blurs. People like variety! any combination of the above would do well in my opinion especially after listening to everyone over the last couple of yrs.

The other thing is locks. I have been hearing alot about it lately. I like the ti frame locks and the hawk lock is one of my favorites. but i would like something refreshing and different. The stud lock was cool in my opinion. Just looking for something different!

If you do a conglomeration of any of these it would be a hit! i'm sure there are ways to make something like this happen in a way to fill out the price range scale.

Well it seems to me that they already HAVE a good knife in the under 3.5" range- the Blur.

Are the current ZT's too big for EDC? I have carried lots of knives with blades close to 4", some of them pretty beefy, but I've never handled a ZT so I don't know if there is more to it beside just blade length.

I think 3" is too small, there are already a lot of good knives at that size. I would prefer something closer to 3.5", maybe a 3.3" to 3.4" blade.

Yup I would love a smaller ZT. Most are a little too bulky for me but I do not mind it too much. If it has a low rider pocket clip then I'd be in for sure.

Keep the 3.75" to 4" blade, lower the weight to three ounces, no assisted opening, and cost less than $100.

I think the 0780 is going to fit the bill nicely. I would love to see a semi wharncliffe or wharncliffe from Zero Tolerance. I know there is the Talon, but I am talking true wharny :D.

Well it seems to me that they already HAVE a good knife in the under 3.5" range- the Blur.

Are the current ZT's too big for EDC? I have carried lots of knives with blades close to 4", some of them pretty beefy, but I've never handled a ZT so I don't know if there is more to it beside just blade length.

I think 3" is too small, there are already a lot of good knives at that size. I would prefer something closer to 3.5", maybe a 3.3" to 3.4" blade.
The Blur is a Kershaw branded knife. What I want is a smaller drop point ZT (that doesn't have a recurve) with all of the look and feel of the larger ZT 0560/0561...

A 3.3" ~ 3.4" length blade would be perfectly alright with me..

I'm pretty positive that we won't see something like that from zt. Thomas said in a recent post that zt's were going to continue to be big and bad. look at what they debuted at blade , this is what we have to look forward to. He also said if you want something smaller that's what kershaw was for. Your only option is the cryo 2 if you are specifically looking for the 560x type of blade. Sorry I didn't say it he did.

Nope. While it may be smaller, it's not what I am looking for..

I'm pretty positive that we won't see something like that from zt. Thomas said in a recent post that zt's were going to continue to be big and bad. look at what they debuted at blade , this is what we have to look forward to. He also said if you want something smaller that's what kershaw was for. Your only option is the cryo 2 if you are specifically looking for the 560x type of blade. Sorry I didn't say it he did.
While they may never make one, I am still keeping my fingers crossed that they may make one down the road.

Heck, even Strider and Rick Hinderer make smaller knives. I don't see why a smaller ZT is out of the question..

I'd like a mini(no longer than 3" blade) ZT0200 at about the same price as the 0200. Perhaps it could have an Elmax blade, since Kershaw has shown the ability to make affordable knives in that steel.

I don't understand what you guys are looking for. Doesn't the 0350 and the 0550 cover these bases? Kershaw makes plenty of knives in smaller sizes which gives ZT the green light to cover big tough blades. Zero Tolerance's motto is "Serious knives for serious missions". This motto doesn't scream small blade to me. If you start making smaller knives you are going to sacrifice toughness.

So do you guys really just want a smaller version of the 0560?

Last edited:
I don't understand what you guys are looking for. Doesn't the 0350 and the 0550 cover these bases? Kershaw makes plenty of knives in smaller sizes which gives ZT the green light to cover big tough blades. Zero Tolerance's motto is "Serious knives for serious missions". This motto doesn't scream small blade to me. If you start making smaller knives you are going to sacrifice toughness.

So do you guys really just want a smaller version of the 0560?
Yeppppppppp!!

Last edited:
i would hope they would keep it around the 3.5 inch blade length but make it slim and sleek:)

Back