A Stitch in Time

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow, the books came in and fit a bit snug but that's the beauty of leather, I can mold it where it needs to go. We got a Cowbell keychain made up, we'll throw it in there too for you. Roy is pretty excited that people want things that he makes.

My daughter stitching up a field notes cover, it's a little different than the sleeve my boy made. This one folds like a book.
View attachment 1854451
Just cool!! I'm betting they're still gonna wanna hang with ya though.

They do grow up:

P09Fdvj.jpg

R5DExRd.jpg

But they'll still hang:

wVhjKnC.jpg

I need a Roy sheath. How do I get in on the action?
We'll offer them with the Dibs as an option, that's the plan for now. Roy is pretty pumped.

I've been wet forming sheaths and figuring out a quick and easy blood knot lanyard for the Cowbells.

After their swim lessons this morning the kids worked out a plan for some of the field notes sleeves, notebooks, and keychains. They worked out prices and I showed them how to make build cards for each project. I don't push this stuff on them at all, they've taken interest in it and want to make things. I encourage the hell out of it at that point.

Then they wanted to carve and stamp after that. I had a tough go with this box stamp, it's tricky to line up. I look over and Roy is nailing it pretty dang well.
20220713_145608-01.jpeg

Ains loves horses so I printed out a simple horse head and she's been carving it out with a swivel knife.
20220713_145749-01.jpeg

Back