Attention A very Special HI Raffle!

Wow, I am such a dummy. I didn't see the date on this original thread so when it was at the top of the feed with cul's earlier post I thought the raffle just got announced. Literally just sent Auntie Yangdu a PayPal payment of $50 to buy 2 chances and realized my mistake right after. Maybe since it's my birthday tomorrow Yangdu can find me a good deal that I can apply the money towards, I have been dying for a WWII! Looks like the long hours at work this week scrambled my brain!

Wow, I am such a dummy. I didn't see the date on this original thread so when it was at the top of the feed with cul's earlier post I thought the raffle just got announced. Literally just sent Auntie Yangdu a PayPal payment of $50 to buy 2 chances and realized my mistake right after. Maybe since it's my birthday tomorrow Yangdu can find me a good deal that I can apply the money towards, I have been dying for a WWII! Looks like the long hours at work this week scrambled my brain!
Happy Birthday Seamus!

We all make mistakes, just let auntie know, I'm sure she can find something for you. BTW...Happy Birthday to you!

Here is some pics. The blade is massive at 40", and incredibly heavy. One swipe with this thing will cleave anything in its path. The karda and chakma are massive, feel like just a regular fixed blade. The inlays are beautiful. I need two hands to even lift it, it's pretty darn heavy, and beautifully deadly. I guess you could probably handle it like a two handed longsword. I'll bring it to class one day, and see how one of the swordmasters there would use it.

Sirupati 2.jpg
Sirupati Inlays.jpg
Bamboo Root Handle.jpg
Massive karda and chakma.jpg

Last edited:
That blade is amazing, thanks for putting pictures up.
Auntie Yangdu took pity on me and gave me a great deal on a WWII that I could apply that $50 towards, just another example of the great customer service at HI! So just to keep track, I have a 12" Chainpuri, a special order 15" Sirupati in the works, a 15" VUK, and a WWII that's gonna be sent soon. When they all get here I'll post some photos.

That blade is amazing, thanks for putting pictures up.
Auntie Yangdu took pity on me and gave me a great deal on a WWII that I could apply that $50 towards, just another example of the great customer service at HI! So just to keep track, I have a 12" Chainpuri, a special order 15" Sirupati in the works, a 15" VUK, and a WWII that's gonna be sent soon. When they all get here I'll post some photos.
Excitedly awaiting your pics! Sounds like you have an awesome little collection brewing!

Back