AD-10 and AD-15 Shipping

Update to mine after a year and a bit of EDC

Mine was from the first run before the stop pin update. I have had no issues of deformation.

g10 has worn around the edges, that is due to work gloves and in and out of the pockets, though it remains grippy.

Reground it to a full zero convex :)

6966-E420-697-F-4810-BFE2-A41-D96-D416-BA.jpg

8-D9-F8-CA7-E97-E-4-D9-B-AC52-D1-B1-D4-E2-A1-D1.jpg

Just received an AD-10 and AD-15. After admiring them for a long time (and couldn't pick one or the other) I finally pulled the trigger. I am glad I did. Both knives are well built and have great fit and finish. I was a little hesitant buying my first cold steel knives, but after handling them for the past few hours, it was not warranted. Both are great knives and an exceptional value (probably the first set of production knives I can say that about).

chipped my zero ground quite a bit. But it was deburring welded portions of steel grating.

4 minutes to remove the damage on a DMT Fine stone.

3052-AAF2-96-DE-4087-8-E3-D-820-A1325-D556.jpg

5337-C36-B-AF57-447-B-85-BF-1-BF63-F590-F5-D.jpg

F51-AAE5-C-9678-4-D0-A-B3-A5-003-D64561-B65.jpg

Late to the party. Just received the AD-10 and AD-15. These are truly hard use folders due to the strong locks and thick blades. The blades of both are flat grind and they are certainly not slicers. I actually prefer the flat grind to the hollow grind on such beefy and hand use knives. If I need a slicey blade I'd find something else.

The AD-10's blade was off-centered but it was easy to adjust. The tri ad lock on this knife is very smooth out of the box. My index finger got nicked twice when closing the knife because I did not put my finger forward enough. Nick Shabazz pointed out this potential issue in his review. Other than these, everything else of this knife is great.

The AD-15 is perfect out of the box. The scorpion lock did take some practice to get used to. When opening the knife in slow mo, no pressure should be applied on the alum bar. There could be different ways to disengage the lock but I am more comfortable to use the index and middle fingers to pull up the bar while using my thumb to push down the g10 part of the handle, and the blade will then free fall or I can apply some wrist action to make it close faster.

EDIT: now after some more practice, I am using the middle finger and the thumb to pull up the lack bar and the index finger to push close the blade. Works very well.

63tH5eX.jpg

Last edited:
Late to the party. Just received the AD-10 and AD-15. These are truly hard use folders due to the strong locks and thick blades. The blades of both are flat grind and they are certainly not slicers. I actually prefer the flat grind to the hollow grind on such beefy and hand use knives. If I need a slicey blade I'd find something else.

The AD-10's blade was off-centered but it was easy to adjust. The tri ad lock on this knife is very smooth out of the box. My index finger got nicked twice when closing the knife because I did not put my finger forward enough. Nick Shabazz pointed out this potential issue in his review. Other than these, everything else of this knife is great.

The AD-15 is perfect out of the box. The scorpion lock did take some practice to get used to. When opening the knife in slow mo, no pressure should be applied on the alum bar. There could be different ways to disengage the lock but I am more comfortable to use the index and middle fingers to pull up the bar while using my thumb to push down the g10 part of the handle, and the blade will then free fall or I can apply some wrist action to make it close faster.

63tH5eX.jpg
Congrats! nice score

Anyone have any ideas on any deep carry clips for the AD15 I absolutely love mine but just wish I could find the clip for a better fit in the pockets.

I just received my new AD-15 OD and it’s amazing - does anyone else notice the spring creeking with every open/close like an old barstool, or did I just get lucky? any suggestions? It’s also super tight on the detent - not sure if that’s related.

I just received my new AD-15 OD and it’s amazing - does anyone else notice the spring creeking with every open/close like an old barstool, or did I just get lucky? any suggestions? It’s also super tight on the detent - not sure if that’s related.
Have to be careful not to put pressure on the lock bar while opening it. May require a slightly different grip while opening compared to a typical folder.

Back