• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Alexander Dietz - worst customer service ever. Still don't have my knife 5 months

I have emailed him numerous times regarding a refund from November 2013, and WHEN he responds I get told he needs to sell something first so he'll have the cash. I then see him sell the item, and a few more, and buy new knives.... and never issues my refund.

garbage business skills.

Sorry about your refund but it has nothing to do with "business skills" he's a liar and a thief.

I think one of the biggest problems customers have when dealing with these sociopathic clowns is that they cling to the idea that it's all just a big misunderstanding or a lack of communications; it's not, you're trying to deal rationally with sociopaths.

Oddly enough Jim Skelton has a video on Alexander Dietz praising him for his work.
I would guess this was before he started his thievery?

Oddly enough Jim Skelton has a video on Alexander Dietz praising him for his work.

No. Jim tends to gravitate towards the black sheep of the knife community. If you do a bit of digging you will know why. Birds of a feather and what not.

Edited to add: i wanted to clarify i dont mean to say jim is a bad person. There have been misunderstandings in his past with items he has sold and the community he sold them in. Imho i think he gravitates to makers who have similar history because of his belief in second chances. And jim is not the type to judge over a situation he doesnt know all sides to. He is a give the benefit of the doubt type person.

Last edited:

There is a reason for that... PurpleDC is onto something. A little research would provide more detail. It is what it is. Everyone has a distaste for some and preference for others.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share that I had problems with my order as well. I had to hound him to get the work (pimp job for CF scales on a PM2 and paid for him to re-blast 2 TI knives) done. Months after he said it would be ready, I did finally get my stuff. Although the CF scales has some voids, overall I wont complain about the work he did. What really upset me was that he refused to send back the original scales despite me asking 5-6 different times over the course of 2 month. He would either ignore me or give me the family issues response. There was a specific reason why I needed the original scales back and finally I just had to give up on him and purchased some on ebay. I wouldn't recommend doing business with the guy UNLESS you don't have to pay upfront. Its a very powerless feeling to pay someone upfront and they be ignored once they take your money.

Dietz is a lying thief scumbag. Never deal with him period and tell everyone you know about jos antics. He's a lowlife piece of trash that depends on gullible people who don't research him.

there are still a couple people that have never gotten their knives back. But yeah, its just amazing people on IG have no clue about this guy. I'm surprise USN guys don't acknowledge this.

If somebody on USN spoke up about something like this, we'd hold him accountable then and there. I'm not saying Bladeforums hasn't, they have an extremely capable administration here, which actually has open dogpiling which makes for better reading material sometimes lol.

Dietz is a lying thief scumbag. Never deal with him period and tell everyone you know about jos antics. He's a lowlife piece of trash that depends on gullible people who don't research him.

Well stated, Mike! Alexander Dietz, is the type of thief, who will definitely be getting his comeuppance someday...hopefully very soon. Karma, will pay this guy back to the tenth power.

Last edited:
If somebody on USN spoke up about something like this, we'd hold him accountable then and there. I'm not saying Bladeforums hasn't, they have an extremely capable administration here, which actually has open dogpiling which makes for better reading material sometimes lol.

Alex Dietz has been long banned here because he made no effort to respond to the administrators here, unfortunately I imagine nothing would change dramatically over at the USN. Such is the problem with doing business over the internet, there's only so much threats of banning can do when someone clearly isn't very interested in remaining on the forum.

Maybe you could? People are free to read the goings on of Mr. Dietz here, this is not a closed forum to unregistered pedestrians. As for the dog piling, we are trying to curb that a great deal and that is not something we want to see anymore. In many cases, you have people making careless mistakes that could have prevented the issues they come here to air out to begin with. I've seen some unethical people move from one forum to another with impunity, and nothing is called into question. Whatever other forums want to do is all on them, this place cannot not be a safe harbor for those with ill intentions, bad business practices or a history of unethical scamming behavior.

I agree people who scam don't last around here . I think a little bit of dog piling is in order sometimes just so the culprit realizes that his nonsense is not to be tolerated over here. Most guys involved in scamming are so deranged that they don't even feel like they have done anything wrong ,, like this clown Dietz . He was given plenty of time to make good so now he is off on Instagram with the fanboys high fiving his way to the big time like they all seem to do over there .

I agree people who scam don't last around here . I think a little bit of dog piling is in order sometimes just so the culprit realizes that his nonsense is not to be tolerated over here. Most guys involved in scamming are so deranged that they don't even feel like they have done anything wrong ,, like this clown Dietz . He was given plenty of time to make good so now he is off on Instagram with the fanboys high fiving his way to the big time like they all seem to do over there .

^^^^^
Great post, Marko!

Thieves like, Alexander Dietz, deserve an avalanche of dog piling, so hopefully the internet search engines will keep his infamous despicable acts at the top, where they belong. If we can prevent at least a few people from becoming future victims of this con-artist/thief, then these thread's will be a benefit to all knife enthusiasts!

ALEXANDER DIETZ THIEF
ALEXANDER DIETZ CON-ARTIST
ALEXANDER DIETZ FAMILY ISSUES
ALEXANDER DIETZ INTERNET PROBLEMS
ALEXANDER DIETZ FOREVER EXILED TO INSTAGRAM- WHERE HE CAN DELETE THE TRUTH & CONTINUE TO STEAL WITH IMPUNITY

One of thee best quotes that I've ever had the pleasure of reading here in the GBU:
BF doesn't put up with Bs scamming, this forum is dedicated specifically for that purpose. Why complain about a post that accurately reflects a thief's action in a forum meant for that. This isn't the general forum, this is gb&u.

I don't care how cool a knife is or w/e, if you have a legitimate bad thread about a maker in here, I'm not buying. This is the place for research and for the community to look out for each other.

Last edited:
Maybe you could? People are free to read the goings on of Mr. Dietz here, this is not a closed forum to unregistered pedestrians. As for the dog piling, we are trying to curb that a great deal and that is not something we want to see anymore. In many cases, you have people making careless mistakes that could have prevented the issues they come here to air out to begin with. I've seen some unethical people move from one forum to another with impunity, and nothing is called into question. Whatever other forums want to do is all on them, this place cannot not be a safe harbor for those with ill intentions, bad business practices or a history of unethical scamming behavior.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Let me ask you a question, what is the benefit of remaining silent so this Alex dietz can continue praying on people. After months of ignoring my buddy and stealing his knife, dietz showed up on Instagram to pre sale another batch of knives gauranteed delivery, only more people came forward that he hasn't delivered current or past orders yet.

I don't care about other sites, and yeah I'm a forum mod over on usn for a maker. I come here because BF doesn't put up with Bs scamming, this forum is dedicated specifically for that purpose. Why complain about a post that accurately reflects a thief's action in a forum meant for that. This isn't the general forum, this is gb&u.

I don't care how cool a knife is or w/e, if you have a legitimate bad thread about a maker in here, I'm not buying. This is the place for research and for the community to look out for each other.

I didn't say anything about knowing anything. This is actually all news to me.

Last edited:

So now he has completely shut down business, dozens of people have not received their knife back or refund and he just went completely MIA. I like how there are people on this page supporting him to then end, which is now. When you see people starting to bash or "dog pile" there is a problem. People generally don't spend their times bashing people unless there is a reason. I think there is way too much leniency for guys like Dietz, Nocturnal knives & Jared from Qtrmstr. It reminds me of people still defending OJ Simpson.

How friggin true Mike!!! I personally know quite a few people who swear OJ was railroaded!!!
What a joke and it reminds me of the sycophants praising these guys who are ripping them off.
Joe

I'm curious to see how many people got scammed but this douche and how much money total he's ripped off. He still has my knife and the money he requested upfront and it's been over 3 years now. I'm pretty sure there's a pattern here and some type of legal action against Dietz is justified.

You know what the real joke is Ben??? There are people out there who will trash you and praise him still!!! Makes me nauseous.
Sad.
Joe

Back