• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Alexander Dietz - worst customer service ever. Still don't have my knife 5 months

As one of the people who Alex still owes a refund, I would suggest any others file a complaint at: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I sent Alex money to customize a Kershaw Knockout on 9/26/13. I have not received my knife or a refund.

I've completely lost count of the number of excuses he's fed me. Some may even be true, but at this point, I no longer care. I'm not sure anything other than law enforcement breathing down his neck is going to motivate him enough to give people their goods and/or refunds.

This is why I love this site. I saw pics of some of his work and was considering contacting him but came here to check into him. I will not contact or ever do business with him now and will pass this info along to anyone who asks me about him.

I hope you all get your refunds or finished work back. Completely unacceptable!

Thank you all for posting things like this to help others. We can only hope the negative rep will impact his business and make him man up.

2 years, 8 months, and 12 days after I first sent money to have Alex customize my knife, he has finally refunded me in full.

Good luck to anyone else still trying to get their money and/or goods from him.

How in God's name did you get him to refund you Dillon??
Glad to hear you got your cash back bro.....there are many others who would appreciate what you did to get him off his ass!!!
Joe

How in God's name did you get him to refund you Dillon??
Glad to hear you got your cash back bro.....there are many others who would appreciate what you did to get him off his ass!!!
Joe

I think filing the IC3 complaint is what finally motivated him to actually pay me back. Up until that point, it was just a bunch of excuses and no action.

I also texted him periodically during this whole fiasco.

Guess he just hopes most people will just give up.
Glad you didn't let the douche get away with your cash!!
Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been almost four years since I sent Alex some knives and money to customize them. Of course, I never got either back. :(

Man dietz stole $300 cash from
Me and no response to emails or msg's yet he has time to post pics of cars and vacations.
He is a thief and someone should press charges!!!

You should never pay a knife maker in advance of making a knife or competing a custom. Nobody can tell the future for the next 6 months, year, years! People die, stuff happens.

That said I think people will still pay well in advance for custom makers just because they can make a huge markup on the knife on the secondary market (Example: Grimsmo Knves).

Back