• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Alexander Dietz - worst customer service ever. Still don't have my knife 5 months

kirinite is known for chipping and cracking. Just the material and probably had nothing to do with the craftsmanship.

That is exactly why I will never use kirinite or c-tek for scales.

There was cracks pretty much from day one. Wish I knew where the stock scales were, whatever. I have pretty much written the knife off as trashed now.

Honestly, doesn't matter if it's not his fault, he suggested this material and kept saying it'd be fine. I know about Kirinite being brittle, and he said it'd be fine. Doesn't really matter, not so much placing the blame on him as pissed off I now have a knife that needs repair after spending so much time waiting for it to come back, if that makes sense.

He posts about once a week from what I can tell. Just awful business though. Blows me away.

I'm on the hunt for a Reate District 9 (A or B). If you see a decent one for sale let me know.

I may order some scales from CSD, not even going to bother having him try and fix it.

kirinite is known for chipping and cracking. Just the material and probably had nothing to do with the craftsmanship.

That is exactly why I will never use kirinite or c-tek for scales.

You'd think someone who is a "full time knife maker" would know that and tell you that. I told him the type of environment it'd be used it. I wanted aluminum and CF originally.

There was cracks pretty much from day one. Wish I knew where the stock scales were, whatever. I have pretty much written the knife off as trashed now.

Honestly, doesn't matter if it's not his fault, he suggested this material and kept saying it'd be fine. I know about Kirinite being brittle, and he said it'd be fine. Doesn't really matter, not so much placing the blame on him as pissed off I now have a knife that needs repair after spending so much time waiting for it to come back, if that makes sense.

He posts about once a week from what I can tell. Just awful business though. Blows me away.

I'm on the hunt for a Reate District 9 (A or B). If you see a decent one for sale let me know.

I may order some scales from CSD, not even going to bother having him try and fix it.

Knivesshipfree has some aftermarket CNC made G10 scales for the Barrage if you're looking for an attractive replacement. The fact that he tried to pawn off a material on you that you weren't interested in clearly shows it was a rush job that he needed to get done. He also used the incorrect scale material on my knife but there was no way in hell I was sending it back to him to get it fixed

Knivesshipfree has some aftermarket CNC made G10 scales for the Barrage if you're looking for an attractive replacement. The fact that he tried to pawn off a material on you that you weren't interested in clearly shows it was a rush job that he needed to get done. He also used the incorrect scale material on my knife but there was no way in hell I was sending it back to him to get it fixed

It was pretty obvious it was a rush job, he had no intention on actually doing what I wanted because it wasn't easy.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll head over and check those out.

You'd think someone who is a "full time knife maker" would know that and tell you that. I told him the type of environment it'd be used it. I wanted aluminum and CF originally.

well he probably just had the material on hand and thought of how he could make some money quick and easy. Just more reason I wont be dealing with him ever.

I messaged Alex and said if he wanted me to post a response I'd post it up for him.

""I know this I have been through a lot this whole past year + and have been in a very bad position . I am in a better position now to finish what is needed to be finished and I plan on having all over due orders finished by the end of February and that is a promise. Iv been banned from the forums from some time and haven't been able to contact people as said before my yahoo email is spammed out and it is difficult to receive messages. I can be reached at dietzknives@gmail.com where I can reply to everyone's needs .I realize there is no excuse for the time that has passed for some orders and I deeply apologize. I have needed to sort some things out in my life for some time and it wasn't getting done. being 24 and naive I admit I'm not good at managing how I Cunduct work I have thought a lot and am not going anywhere and intend to come through on my end and have this issue over with very soon. Again I apologize to everyone who has waited and been so patient this issue will be resolved soon. Again I can be reached at dietzknives@gmail.com if you haven't heard form me in a good bit shoot me a message so I can give you your time frame within the next 2 months feel free to ask for something extra or special on my behalf for the wait I am more than willing . Alex Dietz""

This is BS to the max, he is still taking money for pre-orders and has tons of w/e bs knife he made up to make and mods. This guy is a habitual liar. I've never done business with him and never will, how many people has this guy boned?

I messaged Alex and said if he wanted me to post a response I'd post it up for him.

""I know this I have been through a lot this whole past year + and have been in a very bad position . I am in a better position now to finish what is needed to be finished and I plan on having all over due orders finished by the end of February and that is a promise. Iv been banned from the forums from some time and haven't been able to contact people as said before my yahoo email is spammed out and it is difficult to receive messages. I can be reached at dietzknives@gmail.com where I can reply to everyone's needs .I realize there is no excuse for the time that has passed for some orders and I deeply apologize. I have needed to sort some things out in my life for some time and it wasn't getting done. being 24 and naive I admit I'm not good at managing how I Cunduct work I have thought a lot and am not going anywhere and intend to come through on my end and have this issue over with very soon. Again I apologize to everyone who has waited and been so patient this issue will be resolved soon. Again I can be reached at dietzknives@gmail.com if you haven't heard form me in a good bit shoot me a message so I can give you your time frame within the next 2 months feel free to ask for something extra or special on my behalf for the wait I am more than willing . Alex Dietz""

It has been quite a while that he is still "trying to get his life together", I'm not sure anyone is really fond of that line of reasoning anymore. What continues to amaze me to this day is how he can be so irresponsible with his business practices, yet at 24 is still able to afford a house, custom knives, and thousands of dollars worth of tools in his shop. Good thing he apparently has some wealthy benefactor supporting him because if he tried to pull this kind of stuff in any other circumstance, he would be homeless.

be wary trusting a youtube knife modifier/maker/celebrity (or as they refer to it "pimper").

most of these guys attempt to walk before they crawl, get themselves in way over their head and are not at all humble or honest.

if a so-called professional labels his work as "pimping", i avoid it at all costs.

i've heard rumors of our old pal jdavis doing the same thing to ppl as we speak (perhaps that is for a dif thread)...

Last edited:

Seriously? Guys a "professional" knife maker but he can't keep his email working?

Why is it that every liar and thief only has email problems and other computer issues AFTER they've collected their money?

Pathetic.

Really? It's the same shit as before. He spews the same crap and it's all about woe is me and blah blah. Save it, grow up and do better.

That being said is there a knife customizer that can make me a custom clip for my new District 9?

Why is it that every liar and thief only has email problems and other computer issues AFTER they've collected their money?

they don't have email/computer problems just problems with being liars and thieves...

the people supporting this guy makes me sick. I heard that he showed up at a knife get together like nothing happened. Like he didn't steal people's knives & money. May this thread live on forever.

the people supporting this guy makes me sick. I heard that he showed up at a knife get together like nothing happened. Like he didn't steal people's knives & money. May this thread live on forever.

Not sure if he actually stole any knives, just took forever to get work done and accepted money way too far in advance. But it still amazes me how nobody seems to notice that he has an awful reputation on IG, people still applaud everything he does there.

Not sure if he actually stole any knives, just took forever to get work done and accepted money way too far in advance. But it still amazes me how nobody seems to notice that he has an awful reputation on IG, people still applaud everything he does there.

there are still a couple people that have never gotten their knives back. But yeah, its just amazing people on IG have no clue about this guy. I'm surprise USN guys don't acknowledge this.

Well, it seems as though I am not the only one. This is hoping that I'll at least get a response from him and get my knife back.

I sent my payment to Alex on 8/6/13, it was for carbon and g10 scales and a g10 backspacer on my Benchmade Barrage, albeit a small order for him. It was an order none the less. He was extremely prompt to respond in the beginning, basically talked to him all July about stuff and he was always responding within 24 hours.

I lagged, because I also run a business and work a day job and kids and a masters program, and didn't send my knife in until 10/9/13. That is my fault, definitely. However, he was still prompt to respond. He said he had received it and when asked about ETA he said 8 weeks. Which would lead any normal person to believe that I'd have my knife back and completed by roughly late November.

As any customer would do, I politely emailed for status about 4 weeks in. On 11/13/13 and got no response, again on 11/19/13 and no response, 11/22/13 and I said

"Hey A:rolleyes:lex,

I'd like a status. This is the 3rd email in the last 10 days. We're coming into week 8 right now, just wondering if there's an outside shot of it coming. Frankly wondering if I'll ever see my knife again right now.

Let me know."

This was the response

"Frankly you don't need to be emailing me constantly a bout your knife it's here its fine and will get done I'm pretty behind so It will be a bit.
Alex"

I was flabbergasted.

I responded like this

"That's no way to respond to a customer asking for a status update. 3 emails in 9 days is not emailing you constantly. I didn't email you every day. I asked for a status, got blown off twice. As a customer, that is frustrating. Especially a paying customer where you already have my money, with no way to get recourse through paypal. It doesn't instill confidence when I get no response for 10 days.

I know you're busy, I run a small business. I also know it takes less than 30 seconds to respond to a customer and say "We're on schedule for your ship date."

That's literally all you had to say.

So my question is, is it on schedule for 8 weeks, or is it now a longer timeline?"

I get this response (edited out of respect for Alex)

"The wait is 3 months there's no reason why I should be receiving emails like this . To be honest I have a lot going on and if you are in any way following me you would now that iv made videos post's on blade forums and instagram stating there is a stall and I am behind. Looking back I don't even see your previous emails in my inbox except for the ones attached to this email. There are people on my list who have been waiting for there blades over twice the time you have and the range from 400 to 1000 dollars . I'm not a thief and your email previous to that was suggesting that . I am a single guy not a huge company when I hit stalls In my life orders go on standby.
I really hate to have to explain this to the few people hounding me about there knife , so here it goes
*FAMILY ISSUES*

I am not a thief and your knife will get done your just going to have to wait like everyone else does I can't cut corners to finish a order because someone wants me to. I also can't dig up ever Old email order and let people know own it's just to big a task. Therefore o reach out on all my social media sites wich in return let's I'd say 98% of my customers know what's going on .

Alex"

I follow Alex on Instagram, that's where I found his work. Never once saw mention of a family issue, I have no idea. I understand that stuff happens. I get it. I still do not deserve to be treated like that. Now all the sudden because I am an angry customer he is responding. We exchange a few more emails and he says he's a little over a month behind, so I should have it in time for Christmas, maybe.

On 12/14/13 I email again, asking for status and get no response. Then again on 12/21/13 and I get this

"your are still down there on the list sorry i couldn't make it before xmas
Alex "

Little frustrated, but I'm going out of town and won't travel with my knives anyway so no biggy. On 12/24/13 I get a response saying he'd have it done by 1/12/14, I said ok and please let me know if anything changes.

On 1/7/14 I email and ask if he can sharpen it while it's there for me. He says no problem.

1/12/14, 1/14/14, 1/17/14, 1/20/14 I email and finally get a response on the 20th!

"You are literally the next person to get there knife done I juat need to finish this bladehq order before I can start yours. I appreciate your patience and I can assure u you will get your moneys worth"

Doesn't respond to my question about the 12th, ignores it. But assured me I'll get my moneys worth. Frankly at this point I've almost considered the knife gone.

1/25/14, 1/30/14 I email and get a response that he's working on the bladeHQ order.

1/30/14 and 2/7/14 I email asking for an ETA and on the 8th he says I'd have it by February's end.

2/20/14 & Today I emailed asking for a status and have yet to receive a response.

So pretty sure that my knife is gone. I apologize for the long thread, but god I hope this persuades someone from working with him. Going on 20 weeks (5 months) from when he received the knife and told me 8 weeks. Great. Not to mention, he's been posting updates about buying knives and everything else, but can't finish my job. So frustrating.

Send me my knife back and my money back. I'll take it somewhere else.

Anyone have any suggestions for a decent priced replacement for my tanto tipped Barrage that I'll never see again?

Im confused... Did you send this in 2013??? If so then its been nearly a year and a half!!!

If im not mistaken were in 2015

After having read this thread I experienced an overwhelming sense of dejavu. This is almost the friskydingo/Will Moon story verbatim.

Young guy starts out pimping production knives, falls behind, makes a plethora of lame excuses. Starts his own custom knife thing, asks way too much cause he thinks his skill set is on par with the veteran makers, has delays, more lame excuses.

You can almost profile the ones that are going to crash and burn.

I have emailed him numerous times regarding a refund from November 2013, and WHEN he responds I get told he needs to sell something first so he'll have the cash. I then see him sell the item, and a few more, and buy new knives.... and never issues my refund.

garbage business skills.

Back