ALL NEW Busse Pets Thread

Long tough story..... lost both of my beautiful Setters in a 12 month period, Alli-Gator (my sweet girl) on 10 July last. Not ready for another pup, lots happening in life that is not right for it but yesterday this crazy boy moved in at least temporarily.....there are few options for him in "retirement" as he absolutely can't just go anywhere, he is now on a 3 week trial period here.....

Sorry to hear about your dogs man, I know how much it hurts.

Crazy boy looks good. I'm familiar with working dog breeds (lines), don't think I can go back to pet dogs now, but they definitely need to be placed in the right home. Hopefully, he's a good fit, and gets to enjoy his retirement.

I guess, I should get mox to pose next to a knife

Last edited:
Long tough story..... lost both of my beautiful Setters in a 12 month period, Alli-Gator (my sweet girl) on 10 July last. Not ready for another pup, lots happening in life that is not right for it but yesterday this crazy boy moved in at least temporarily.....there are few options for him in "retirement" as he absolutely can't just go anywhere, he is now on a 3 week trial period here.....

Condolences, and Congratulations. Looks like you’ve got a damn good sidekick.

Hey guys, somehow stumbled on this thread, love it.

Here's Benny, mostly German Shephard and Border collie, then the rest a mix. He has a goofy floppy ear on one side, white socks and he's good boy that smiles a lot (although sometimes I feel like other people don't see his smile).PXL_20231015_163725460.jpg
PXL_20240105_005304500.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss, Andy the Aussie Andy the Aussie . It is never easy, but two in a short time, that is really a punch in the gu. Your new companion is a handsome one, though. Hopefully it works out.
Retired K9 officer?

Retired K9 officer?
...... yes operational till 3weeks ago. He is an awfully big GSD and has a switch, on and off. Right now he is asleep next to me on the floor in the off mode. If I move he will transition to on and will need a task to do (chasing a kong is his chosen role for now). Have seen very few flashes of his training beyond obeadiance. As we are working to transition him to a homebody we are doing nothing to knowingly trigger a working response. He didn't like the sound of some folks walking home from the pub last night, no barking or aggression just him at full size in the middle of the front door, ears forward "watching and listening"....he is asleep on the floor next to me as I type this.

I was wondering if anyone had a dog that would wear goggles. That's awesome Arcpolo. I saw one a couple days ago with it's head out the sunroof wearing the bomber style goggles. Too cool.

Thann you! He's a Goldendoodle ironically 😃

That's the darkest golden doodle I've ever seen haha.

I was wondering if anyone had a dog that would wear goggles. That's awesome Arcpolo. I saw one a couple days ago with it's head out the sunroof wearing the bomber style goggles. Too cool.

I can snap a picture of Mox in her Eye Pro...she has a tendency to plow through tall grass face first, so I make her wear them just so she doesn't get a stick in her eye. Also when it rains, she's trained to focus on us when we walk her, so she gets rain in her eyes. I can tell she isn't really all excited about having them on heh.

Back