All-Time Favorite Swamp Rat?

I know where there are two of them for sale. Been drooling over them for a couple weeks. PM me if interested in where they are.
but I would rather have the Rodent Solution as an EDC. I missed the boat on the Solution and never have managed to score one for myself. My buddy has one that I covet bit he wont turn it loose. Lol!

Tough call...for me either my gen1 Howling Rat or the do it all Camp Tramp.

Nice.

My first Swamp Rat was/is a Gen 2 Howler and I’ve always wanted a Camp Tramp.
Also one of my favorites and one of my most used/sharpened. It’s my go-to backpacking knife - at least until the SYKCO W.S. 1020 comes out. (Wicked Slicer??)

Reactions: rpn
Ratweiler

MJbw6ujl.jpg

So far I'm on the Rodent Trail and RMD train... But for now specifically, the INFI FHFG RMD. That flat grind just takes an already amazing knife to New heights!

Now I'm not knocking the mega RMD, just haven't had enough time with them yet.

The Rucki and Waki.... I just love the handle on the Waki. That flare in the bottom just does it!

The Rucki and Waki.... I just love the handle on the Waki. That flare in the bottom just does it!

I would love to handle those.
I really hope we get a Swamp Rat XL Taliwhacker or small Rucki someday - I like the large guard on the swords - hope that carries over to the Taliwhomper...

Edit to add: THIS (above) would actually be my grail on second thought - I do love the Jackmandu blade too but the trailing point is just beautiful to me...

Last edited:
Ag2Nc4y.jpg

Really hard to choose from... (the middle pile are Rats)

Holy cow.
I think perhaps the most impressive part of that picture is the number of SHEATHES you’ve got there!! I’ve got sheathes for all my Swamp Rats and Scrap Yards, but I’ve only got 9 or 10... :(

Mega swamp warden hasnt left my hip since it arrived. Little fattie for the win for me !

Holy cow.
I think perhaps the most impressive part of that picture is the number of SHEATHES you’ve got there!! I’ve got sheathes for all my Swamp Rats and Scrap Yards, but I’ve only got 9 or 10... :(
And those are just the ones he pulled out from along the the edge. You should see the rest of what he's got stashed under the bed... and <gasp> in the closet.

Tough call...for me either my gen1 Howling Rat or the do it all Camp Tramp.

The Gen 1 Howler was my very first Rat, followed closely by the CT and finally, the Battle Rat. All 3 get used. My wife's fav is the D2 Bog Dog. It's a handy kitchen knife.

Wet

Back