All-Time Favorite Swamp Rat?

Idk. But all of these I would say. Lol. the most used is the warden but the BR and CT are used a lot too.
8eld79N.jpg

Nice!!!

Can someone tell me how the battle guards guard is fixed to the blade ? My search efforts were negative. Cheers !

Ag2Nc4y.jpg

Really hard to choose from... (the middle pile are Rats)

you look like you are extremely knowledgeable with what's out there? Lol
I don't have a swamp, Yet..... But I'm super picky with handles.

What do you suggest for someone who has big hands/palms?
what's the third from the bottom of the middle pile?
-looks like it has a black, ribbed handle. Maybe a chocolate colored sheath? Looks comfy, love the shape, can we see More

Chopweiler for sure. I havn't had a lot of Rats though. More Scrap and Busse because I love Res C.

-looks like it has a black, ribbed handle. Maybe a chocolate colored sheath? Looks comfy, love the shape, can we see More

Guessing Chopweiler. Would be great if they ran those again.

Looks like a chopweiler to me. It has the same handle as the ratweiler but without the added groove in the handle so it's just one continuous swoop in the underbelly of the handle

I see whatever pic I had of the ratweiler was cleaned out of my imgur account when I purged things recently. Here's an old one I saved, only have the infi ratweiler of these 3, though I kind of still wish I had my 1st thin cut SR101. It had a lot of love in it.

12v3Mh0l.jpg

Crag the Brewer Crag the Brewer not sure where you're located in the Great Lakes area but I would loan out the ratweiler if you wanted to put some hands on it. For big hands, I find it to be hands down the best handle for hard use but it's still shaped well enough at the front to do fine work... but the blade isn't the best for fine work as it's big. Not my 1st choice as a carving knife, of wood or turkeys. It's remained my favorite knife since getting it and I've had a good bit of choppers, including more Busse and kin. It's just a good knife for a ton of outdoor work as long as thin slicing isn't needed.

I've never owned a chopweiler but hope they bring one out. I don't mind the front finger groove though and I like the look of the ratweiler a lot more. Still, I wouldn't mind giving one a try. Considered a megaweiler but it's very unlikely to replace the infiweiler given my preference for the thinner versions.

Looks like a chopweiler to me. It has the same handle as the ratweiler but without the added groove in the handle so it's just one continuous swoop in the underbelly of the handle

I see whatever pic I had of the ratweiler was cleaned out of my imgur account when I purged things recently. Here's an old one I saved, only have the infi ratweiler of these 3, though I kind of still wish I had my 1st thin cut SR101. It had a lot of love in it.

12v3Mh0l.jpg

Crag the Brewer Crag the Brewer not sure where you're located in the Great Lakes area but I would loan out the ratweiler if you wanted to put some hands on it. For big hands, I find it to be hands down the best handle for hard use but it's still shaped well enough at the front to do fine work... but the blade isn't the best for fine work as it's big. Not my 1st choice as a carving knife, of wood or turkeys. It's remained my favorite knife since getting it and I've had a good bit of choppers, including more Busse and kin. It's just a good knife for a ton of outdoor work as long as thin slicing isn't needed.

I've never owned a chopweiler but hope they bring one out. I don't mind the front finger groove though and I like the look of the ratweiler a lot more. Still, I wouldn't mind giving one a try. Considered a megaweiler but it's very unlikely to replace the infiweiler given my preference for the thinner versions.

I love that it works for big hands, I've been burned by Too Many knives.
I appreciate Your offer, but I've got one of my Grail Knives coming this week (Alpha Reg.) So it's going to be awhile before I can play with another knife.... Maybe IF your offer is Still good come summer, I could take you up..... Thank you.

If you All are so inclined, id Love to see Many More user pics of the ratweiler, the Mega, and the chopweiler..... All three have some beautiful Curves :D

Back