• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Allan Blade

I doubt Allan has done much if anything to make thing right with the guys on BB. I know there was one fella that got his knife, but I haven't heard of it happening for anyone else.

Can you believe it's almost 7 years for this long drama?

Anyway it's only few days away for Chinese new year. Hope all of you have a great 'pig' year and happy Chinese new year.

Joe

I can't believe I read the whole thing. Back in the day, this guy wouldn't have functioning hands to make any more knives. Imagine if Geo. Schrade had been Allan Blade:eek:

Sorry but the answer is NO.
Don't know what to say.

That's no surprise, is it? Allan doesn't give a rat's tush about any of the people he has screwed over. The only reason he ever supplied knives was so that he could con more people into sending him money. If he made a knife every month or two, people would hold out hope that he was getting his act together.

Is it possible for someone to summarize this entire thread in a few sentences. I would appreciate it.

take care

aj

Back in "05, when liar boy had his website up, I found it before I knew his history, and thought cool, great price, nice hunting knife. I ordered a Field Puuko. I think he said it'd be 3-5 months. I thought the wood with canvas micarta guard looked great. This sounds too familiar I'm sure to some people.
Anyway, in his scamming way, he sent many people an email at once saying his daughter had to have knee surgery because of some accident. He was asking if we/I would pay early to help cover the surgery. Who knows how many times he used his own children to scam people out of money?
I sent my $85, thinking it would help, not that much money. Then, the wait.

About a month later, I emailed asking how it was coming. No reply, email, no reply, email, then "it'll be ready in about 2 weeks." I wish I'd saved those emails, printed them out so I could laugh at them now, but I was so pissed at the time, I deleted them after it was over. It was the old no product, email, no reply, email, no reply, then a 'been held up, it'll go out later this week" reply. So, after ~6 months or so, I said, just give me my money back and we'll forget it. No reply, no contact. Then I brought in the "I'll have my lawyer contact you about a resolution" for wire fraud, and the knife showed up a week later. I know I'm one of the lucky ones that got an order.
So unfortunate, I think its a quality knife, and such an ass behind it. I thought it was really well made but have never used it. Potential, down the toilet.
I hope those that are owed get their refund, and others don't fall victim to lowlife scams...

Scott

Don't know if he has ever taken care of the british orders.
But he told me about two weeks ago he quitted knifemaking and will start a day job full time.
He said when he start the new job and get the payment he will refund me.

Joe

Hate to tell you, Joe, he is probably back at Walmart working sporting goods and selling his (your) knives at gun shows.

Scott,
Thanks for your post. I know the feeling. I do.

The last post I made in this thread was on 02-27-2007.
Still have no payment from that maker.
According to his email I got months ago,
I hope he is doing ok with his new job.

I have not received the last payment from Allan Blade.
In case he will ask me again. It's only $286.71 USD.

Joe

I have not received the last payment from Allan Blade.
In case he will ask me again. It's only $286.71 USD.

Joe

Allan Blade seems to have dropped out of sight. I haven't seen or heard anything about any more people getting their knives for a long time now. It's not looking good for anyone owed by him, not that it ever did.

Good Lord! I read most of that!

All I have to say is God bless the mods of BF and those who bump, God bless those who got ripped off and God bless Joe Chen.

Back