Alone Season 2

Hey David any pics of that prototype knife you had by Abe that Gene mentioned?

Abe as in Abe Elias? Oh man that is awesome. I watched the launch video above and I thought I did catch a glimpse of the Diving Sparrow logo on that blade! I am a big fan of Abe's work and was lucky enough to receive my first piece in December. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1353272-Diving-Sparrow-Knifeworks-wow!!

I was excited to see AMK 1st aid kits as part of the gear. I used to work for them years ago, good stuff.
Being that the AMK kits have numerous "cheats" for fire starting, I wonder if there were any rules regarding this.
AMK kits usually contain alcohol preps,tincture of benzoin etc. and many kits come with a box/container of all weather matches. In addition there are lots of dry materials like gauze etc. that can aid in fire starting. Also AMK kits come with EMT shears which can be useful in general.

Anybody notice Larry snuck in an "Altoids" type tine for his fish hooks? Nice job adding a metal container for charcoals and making charred materials and tinder.

Last edited:
Let it be on record that I think Justin Vititoe will win it all despite him being the only one not bringing a fixed blade knife.

I agree, seems like guys in season 1 had big knifes but never really needed them. I am putting my money on Justin.

on the fishing line did you have a choice to take spectra fishing line?? They don't seem to tangle as much, can handle a lot more abuse.

The group looks really good, there should be a good fight. I still like Dave, but the guy with fishing experience and a few of the others have a good chance as well.

From my remembering, they allowed a tin for the hooks last year, not everyone used it or filmed using it for charring. My understanding is that they have two first aid kits, the bandaid kit, and the big one. If anything was used from the big kit, it had to be reviewed, so anything taken for fire-starting would have been a disqualification.

The list as far as I remember specified mono line. not sure why, but maybe just as a playing field leveler.

Love this show. We all pick our contestants at the beginning. Last season I picked Lucas. I thought he was gonna take it. My boy picked Sam and I think the wife picked Alan. Pretty close I thought.

I looks forward to Thursday evening.

No prediction other than the black guy is not going to win. That was quick. Curious to see the other contestants next episode.

What a shame that after only a few hours he tapped out, not even a direct confrontation with a bear, just bear scat. Lots of other folks were passed over for his slot. Interesting show.

Last edited:
What a shame that after only a few hours he tapped out, not even a direct confrontation with a bear, just bear scat. Lots of other folks were pasted over for his slot

No doubt. I not saying I could win the contest, but I dang sure could last longer than 4 hours!

What a shame that after only a few hours he tapped out, not even a direct confrontation with a bear, just bear scat. Lots of other folks were passed over for his slot. Interesting show.

See, I said the producers should have accepted my application. :D

That guy didn't even bother to have a cookout on the beach or anything...just got all scared and wimped out.
And after all his big talk about how he'd never tap out, and if a bear and him got in a fight, they'd have to help the bear.

Wimp, wimp, wimp wimp wimp!
He's gonna be teased mercilessly back at home, and he damn well deserves it. :thumbdn:

Stabman, I was trying to be kind, however I'm in your camp, this guy should be ashamed of himself! When he was trying to throw a line over a tree limb to raise his food off the ground and failed I knew it was over for him. He talked a lot of bravado and how much the money would help, this challenge is way beyond monetary rewards as Allan the previous winner so eloquently described his experience.

Allan was nearly the perfect winner last season. He embodied a lot of the qualities I view as significant in the woods. I have not reviewed the bios yet on this year's contestants, but I do think it sad that the black guy tapped out so quickly. I wanted to watch how he did over the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Back