An ugly Khukuri Contest challenge for those who enjoy BIG knives

I have some Khukuris that I would like to enter in the contest but can't post directly to BF.

#1. Is it possible for me to post specs of a khuk and a link to the pic on my website?

#2. Can some one post images for others?

#3. Is it legal if I gave some one else who can post a pic for them to use?

Why do I ask? Cause Uncle wants to win something and I have a blade or two that I think has a good chance of winning that I would not mind him using.;)

Originally posted by wildmanh

#3. Is it legal if I gave some one else who can post a pic for them to use?

I thought N2S said one could ever steal someone else's disqualified entry and post it as one's own - so I assume one could 'donate' entries.

Why do I ask? Cause Uncle wants to win something and I have a blade or two that I think has a good chance of winning that I would not mind him using.;)

Ah - you're going to throw in your mammoth khukuri, aren't you ;)

edit - ps, if you get a (FREE) account with one of the sites like netfirms.com or bizhosting.com you can link remotely (I mean that they don't impose the restrictions that tripod or whatever do).

--B.

Originally posted by beoram

Ah - you're going to throw in your mammoth khukuri, aren't you ;)

edit - ps, if you get a (FREE) account with one of the sites like netfirms.com or bizhosting.com you can link remotely (I mean that they don't impose the restrictions that tripod or whatever do).

--B. [/B]

Ben, thanks for the sugestion. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Yeah, I've been thinking of showing off that "Mammoth" (godzilla) and my other more recent aquasition ;). Godzilla was sold to Roger so technically it's his, but it was mine when I took the pics.:D

Berk is still running in the lead with his Kothimoda. With only around 16 hours left to go. Who knows when the big Gozilla khukuri will go up? There may even be a few stelthy ones waiting for just the right moment to spring an enormous two handed sword. So stay tuned this race is far from over, as we go into the endgame.

Here is the current lead entry:
Berk:
LOA: 17 1/4"; width: 1 13/16"; thickness: 1/2". Win on Thickness
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1644344

n2s

I wish I could get in on this! I can't post a picture unless someone showed me step by step and don't you need a gold membership?

I have a Super Salyan that is close to a full inch thick at the bolster!

I have a Super Salyan that is close to a full inch thick at the bolster!

Whew... he did say an inch! I though I was just reading too fast. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

n2s

HI Garud Ang Khola

hi-garud-01.jpg

LOA: 19.5in; width: 2 & 3/8in; thickness: 1/2 in; win on length

just to stimulate last-minute posts - I know someone can beat this!

Unusual Philippine chopper with handle carved to represent a rooster's head, and curved blade with laminations resembling the feathers in a rooster's tail. Length 28 3/4"; thickness 1/4"; width 10". Win on width.

I have no idea what that thing is Berk, but I like it. :)

About 10 minutes to go!!!!!!

n2s

Here's the other end - sorry I don't have a pic of the entire thing; it's quite something. Spent all my camera money on knives; reduced to using the scanner, even for stuff that doesn't fit.

Looks like a sickle to me
But I can't imagine anyone lavishing this amount of detail on an agricultural implement - only weapons get the decorative treatment. Probably some deep philosophical lesson there.

Berkley has taken it with a rooster headed sickle(?!) something from the Philippine.

It's a really cool whatamacallit. :)

Thanks everyone for sharing a bunch of great pictures.

Berkley you have email.

n2s

Back