angel sword

hi

i own several angel sword,katana,rapier,saber

and they are PERFECT very very nicely balance
am suprise not to see them here

al put some pic next week

cheers

I believe that Mr. Watson is a member here or at least was, I remember him posting some years back. I think he may have run afoul of some folks in the bladesmith's forum at some point though. Something about wootz if I remember correctly.

welcome to the forum!
I'll look forward to your pics - I've seen some pretty nice things out of that shop.

Care to share them? I'm not a tremendous fan either but it might be to the benefit of others to go into more detail. :)

Care to share them? I'm not a tremendous fan either but it might be to the benefit of others to go into more detail. :)

The katana are not traditonally mounted, lack traditional(and time consuming) polishes/grinds, do not handle "as well" as katana that ARE mounted and polished properly.......and they are quite expensive, imo.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Their gladius is made of "living steel " and is $ 5000 , it must be some kind of steel given to them directly by angels .

The katana are not traditonally mounted, lack traditional(and time consuming) polishes/grinds, do not handle "as well" as katana that ARE mounted and polished properly.......and they are quite expensive, imo.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Their gladius is made of "living steel " and is $ 5000 , it must be some kind of steel given to them directly by angels .

I certainly agree on the expensive bit. I have no problem with non-traditional construction so long as they make no claims to authenticity, but at that price range they better handle well! :eek: I can't even remember the last time I looked at their work, though. I'm pretty sure I visited the website once, didn't like what I saw, and never returned. :p

I am no expert...and I am very curious as to how they sell anything at the prices they have listed.....like the above listed gladius......based on the internet photos and the
4lbs of wieght does not equal $5000.00 to me....

now the sword may well be worth that ....but is not for me

Last edited:

I handled some of their work a few years ago at the NY Renn Fair. They've since been kicked out of said fair and, from what I've heard, quite a few others. I believe one of the fairs booted them for antique fraud, and another for unsafe cutting presentations.

From handling their wares, it was obvious that the pieces were poorly balanced. The finish was NOT impressive, especially for the money you'd be spending. They were fantasy-inspired and silly lookin', but sold as historical.

One salesman had some girl and her boyfriend ooh'ing and ahh'ing over something that looked like a shortened, fantasy gladius. He claimed they were designed to be used 2 at a time to fend off multiple attackers. :jerkit: He and the other sales staff didn't appreciate me laughing and calling them on their BS, and I was asked to leave.

As stated, they're prices are just ludicrous. For the money I would spend on one of their swords, I could go to a reputable maker and get EXACTLY what I want. And I might even have enough left over to have a proper scabbard crafted.

Several years ago, they decided to sue Sword Forum International because someone posted negative reviews of their products. They lost the case and now there's simply an unwritten "don't talk about AngelSword" rule.

Then a few years ago, there was some legal BS with a knifemaker. I forget who, but they threatened a lawsuit claiming he was using their proprietary techniques. I don't recall the details, but the joke was for knifemakers to get in as much forging as they can, before AngelSword patents "hitting hot steel with a hammer".

Needless to say, I wouldn't give them a dime of my hard earned money.

http://www.adrr.com/sword/watson02.htm

"Daniel says that this is part of the received tradition passed down by his master, whom he said could list all the names in the lineage (Daniel himself did not memorize the lineage). This would be fascinating if true, and one way to evaluate this claim would be to compare the construction of an Angel Sword to historical examples of Knights Templar swords contained in museums and armories in Europe. Of course, many strings would have to be pulled to get said institutions to allow such scrutiny of their pieces... "

HAAAHAAHAAHAAAAAAA! Never saw that article, but just goes to show he's even more of a joke that I thought.

The fact that he's in business is absolute proof that there's a sucker born every minute.

I handled some of their work a few years ago at the NY Renn Fair. They've since been kicked out of said fair and, from what I've heard, quite a few others. I believe one of the fairs booted them for antique fraud, and another for unsafe cutting presentations.

From handling their wares, it was obvious that the pieces were poorly balanced. The finish was NOT impressive, especially for the money you'd be spending. They were fantasy-inspired and silly lookin', but sold as historical.

One salesman had some girl and her boyfriend ooh'ing and ahh'ing over something that looked like a shortened, fantasy gladius. He claimed they were designed to be used 2 at a time to fend off multiple attackers. :jerkit: He and the other sales staff didn't appreciate me laughing and calling them on their BS, and I was asked to leave.

As stated, they're prices are just ludicrous. For the money I would spend on one of their swords, I could go to a reputable maker and get EXACTLY what I want. And I might even have enough left over to have a proper scabbard crafted.

Several years ago, they decided to sue Sword Forum International because someone posted negative reviews of their products. They lost the case and now there's simply an unwritten "don't talk about AngelSword" rule.

Then a few years ago, there was some legal BS with a knifemaker. I forget who, but they threatened a lawsuit claiming he was using their proprietary techniques. I don't recall the details, but the joke was for knifemakers to get in as much forging as they can, before AngelSword patents "hitting hot steel with a hammer".

Needless to say, I wouldn't give them a dime of my hard earned money.

That's more what I was looking for. :D:thumbup:

Is amazing for me how someone like them can still be in bussines ? For that money you can buy an antique sword or if you are not in to antiques a very ,very nice custom made sword

i don't know what to say??

the katana i use to own i pay 1800$ and it was 1 pound and 8 ounce
for me it was very nice to play whit,thought am not expert and katana

am a friend of Leo gage jr,and i can tell you that there knifes (angel) are very good and balance as i back it up wit my 14 years of pekiti tirsia
and give Leo one of them and he love it

i don't know i never add a bad experience whit them

tell me were i can get a blade better then them for less,
am very interested if you dont mind

i also own a gladius,am not fully satisfy whit it, i also own a war hammer
that i pay 2800$ made whit the living steel,i feel like i can do some damage whit it

if you are interested al put the pic up, i dont want to ofend no one
am just a newbi

i don't know what to say??

the katana i use to own i pay 1800$ and it was 1 pound and 8 ounce
for me it was very nice to play whit,thought am not expert and katana

am a friend of Leo gage jr,and i can tell you that there knifes (angel) are very good and balance as i back it up wit my 14 years of pekiti tirsia
and give Leo one of them and he love it

i don't know i never add a bad experience whit them

tell me were i can get a blade better then them for less,
am very interested if you dont mind

i also own a gladius,am not fully satisfy whit it, i also own a war hammer
that i pay 2800$ made whit the living steel,i feel like i can do some damage whit it

if you are interested al put the pic up, i dont want to ofend no one
am just a newbi

I don't think you have offended anyone and we would love to see your pictures.

By all means, please do post pictures. The most important thing is that you yourself are satisfied with your purchases, and you certainly haven't offended anyone! :)

I personally just know I'd be buying an Angus Trim, Michael "Tinker" Pierce, or John Lundemo piece if I had that kind of money.

I saw angel sword at the MN ren fest. All I can say is for the money they are asking I would buy four albions or get a custom sword from Arms and Armor and call it a day. Some of the pommels on their 3k$ swords looked like a kid with a mill and a lathe made a lame attempt at making their own fittings. Also the blade finishes looked very poor, especially in what appeared to be milled fullers.

People should get whatever makes the happy, but I would never buy anything from them.

For a around $800 you can get a gladius made by Busse ,the coated blade and for some extra $ you can get a satin finish one . Sure INFi steel is not "living" and is not touched by angels but is very apreciated by many . You can buy an Albion sword , there are many options .But please tell me that is a joke that you payed $2800 for a hammer . Is it Thor's hammer ? This is crazy ! Does is have gold or jewels on it ? For $ 40-50 you can get a war hammer from Cold Steel . A hammer is just a hammer ,is not a sword ,it was a poor's man fighting tool .

Back