angel sword

God, don't even get me started on last year's crew... We had so many newbies it was rediculous. We had 6 that didn't even come back after working a weekend, and 3 that did stay were feckless and inept... What booth are you with? It's very possible we've met! You should stop by some time so we can talk about all things sharp and pointy! :-D

George is well aware of us, and has stopped by often. :)

The CNC'd BK pieces are never sold as hand forged. It's no secret to anyone that they are milled; you can tell just by looking at them (especially the fullered pieces!!!) and it says right on the website that they're made by stock removal... The Bumon, Angels and Avatars are the hand forged pieces, with Balrog being hand-ground from stock (i.e. without CNC).

One thing that some people take offence to is the hand *made* part. The only agreement there is to agree to disagree, since there is no use getting into the semantics of what hand made means to every body involved... For Dan, that fact that it's human hands doing the grinding, polishing, buffing, mounting, sharpening and everything else on the BKs, it's hand made.

And his reputation as 'sue happy' is highly over-blown; he's only actually sued one person, though 'jerkoff' is still a fair enough assessment to most. :-D

Last edited:
Love it! I usually go see the cutie 8 feet away with the boudain though. ;-) I'll be there all day on the 7th cleaning up the booth - will you be around for conversation, or running around like mad with everyone else?

Love it! I usually go see the cutie 8 feet away with the boudain though. ;-) I'll be there all day on the 7th cleaning up the booth - will you be around for conversation, or running around like mad with everyone else?
Dr. Darryl(sp?) Guertin, P.H.D....I remember well back in the day when you started posting on SFI, oddly enough, and not related, it was around that time I stopped posting. My Senpai is Erik Tracy, Sensei...far as I know he is still a Mod at SFI.

Interesting, very interesting to have aligned yourself with Daniel Watson, THE original PT Barnum of Swords.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I usually just call him Willie Wonka, but they're all braggarts and showmen... :-D

Been a very long road since I started with SFI back in '96 or so. I basically started helping out AS after a very public, very intense, confrontation with AS staff. In talking with Daniel at the time, it was my hope to get AS to move into a more user-friendly direction. Still hasn't happened, but I keep plugging away at it! ;-)

Hi Darryl

I hope the decade ahead treats you and others better than this last one. More than the angst of Angel at the other board was some of the other issues. http://www.swordforum.com/forums/member.php?177-D.A.-Guertin

That A&A war sword changed back and forth between me and a friend, then eventually had the blade ground with a longer tang and grip. It now more handles like the Edward III version of the blade but still has those Urbino fittings. I had first traded it to Todd (who loves it still), then bought it back only to sell it back to him once again. The update to the sword itself is now a few years past. The small change made it much less wrist weary than the original custom.

A%26A%20WAR%20009.jpg

A%26A%20war3.jpg

A%26A%20WAR%20002.jpg

A%26AMODRC4F6522.jpg

In other Angel cryogenic storybook remembrance is Gus and Dan sending blades to David Stokes for blow by blow destruction but whatever was related seems to be lost to their own notes or memories.

Cheers

Hotspur; there are others of the Texas crowds that can be "interesting" on many forums

Did the Gus / Daniel thing ever happen? I think I heard something about it, but I don't remember if it ever wound up going through... I know that Dan was going to do something with John Lundemo when he first started getting going, but that fell apart.

That sword was a real beast when I got it! Never actually did anything with it, but it was nice while I had it. Still looking good after all these years! ;-)

Man I have no idea where I will be then. In fact I am trying this year to not work. I was helping my dad yesterday because his prize brittany spaniel had pups. Every year since I was 10 I have been out there. I've missed opening weekend of deer season every year and I really want to hunt more this year. Since I started making knives I've been invited on some great hunts. I really rather be out in the field rather than watching drunks and freaks. I am positive I will be filling in for some of the guys a couple of times though this year. I will swing by when I am out there and visit. Good luck to you guys.
Dan

Did the Gus / Daniel thing ever happen? I think I heard something about it, but I don't remember if it ever wound up going through... I know that Dan was going to do something with John Lundemo when he first started getting going, but that fell apart.

That sword was a real beast when I got it! Never actually did anything with it, but it was nice while I had it. Still looking good after all these years! ;-)

I would expect hell to freeze over before we saw anything between Daniel and John now days...and I'd take an odin blade any day of the week, in fact hanging next to me is 31" of John leaf blade goodness. :D I remember that Gus/Daniel test, I really cant remember what happened but I was talking with Stokes at the time and I think the results were not posted but the test happened...jeeze thats going back now lol

Last edited:
I don't recall Watson ever considering a collaboration with John Lundemo but Adrian and Gus had done work with John and there was some thought that arrangement might continue. John was hardly just getting going by the time forums were following Ruel's experience with Angel in the last century (?). I met John at a table in 2001 and he already had quite a portfolio of of work in a binder to share.

Robert, another escapee from SFI that could probably relate all the crap between users re LOTR designs. lol

The old Acanthus project section/threads (not currently listed in the index) of SFI can still be found through searches.

Cheers

GC

LOL actually Stokes flipped his lid with my Odin Blade design (Draug Carak)...John you'll find isn't too fussed with Daniel after meeting him at a ren fair, he mentioned it to me ages ago but I guess a lot that meet him will walk away a bit like that. I was banned by Guido Schiller, he was of the "its my way or the highway" train of thought so I filled the tank and was shown the road.

For the better really...

Oh, wow! Darryl you're still around. Assuming that you're still in Houston like me. Still waiting on 2 swords ordered from the mid 2000's. PM me. Thanx

Oh, wow! Darryl you're still around. Assuming that you're still in Houston like me. Still waiting on 2 swords ordered from the mid 2000's. PM me. Thanx

Wow, THAT whole debacle still hasn't been resolved? Sounds to me like Watson and Guertin are made for each other.

Perhaps a post in the Good the Bad and the Ugly might be in order?

Triton,

Joe's comment is in regard to a business I had that went bankrupt 6 or 7 years ago... Not sure about Blue's comment, but I don't appreciate it.

Back