angel sword

hi,
i have the cold steel,but wait that you see the war hammer
i just got the gold member just got to take pic now

thanks for the info i will check them out am a big collectore

For a around $800 you can get a gladius made by Busse ,the coated blade and for some extra $ you can get a satin finish one . Sure INFi steel is not "living" and is not touched by angels but is very apreciated by many . You can buy an Albion sword , there are many options .But please tell me that is a joke that you payed $2800 for a hammer . Is it Thor's hammer ? This is crazy ! Does is have gold or jewels on it ? For $ 40-50 you can get a war hammer from Cold Steel . A hammer is just a hammer ,is not a sword ,it was a poor's man fighting tool .

Just as a point of information, although impact weapons were definitely in use by the peasantry by a certain point in the evolution of armor they were also in use by the nobility. A sword was nearly useless against top of the line armor of the day. Having said that, I agreethat impact weapons are typically (although not always) not as time consuming to produce as swords and one would expect them to have a relatively cheaper price.

In general I do shy away from saying that any particular item is over priced. If there is a customer willing to pay the money... then apparently it wasn't. :) I think we might be better served to note that we would not pay that price because it is not worth it to us.

I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity... this thread made me so curious as to visit the angelsword website, where the videos apparently don't work and a flex test is supposed to prove toughness, but if they can really achieve 250 ftlb in a charpy test at RC57 that is impressive.

hi,
am triying to put the pic,i dont get the URL

i dont enderstand

any one can help whit this

i also have a sword from the head hunter i purchase it from the museum
i would love to put up ,my colection

i have over 40 philipino sword frome the highes grade,that date back 150 years ago

thanks for your time

qwestion to member

if i was to buy a 5000$ katana were would you buy it

thanks

Last edited:
By all means, please do post pictures. The most important thing is that you yourself are satisfied with your purchases, and you certainly haven't offended anyone! :)

I personally just know I'd be buying an Angus Trim, Michael "Tinker" Pierce, or John Lundemo piece if I had that kind of money.

wow there some nice sword there,i use to buy a lot from CAS they have very good stuff

i also own a war hammer
that i pay 2800$ made whit the living steel,i feel like i can do some damage whit it

I have a $45.00 Cold Steel war hammer and I have done all kinds of damage with it. It was made by magical Taiwanese elves out of specially killed drop forged steel. I was fortunate to obtain one from Ancient Timez, in the legendary days before the dreaded set screw hole appeared to vex us.

That probably gives it a +1 to hit.

If you're going to seriously consider an expensive katana, spend some time on Sword Forums. Visit a local iaido dojo ... although they don't use actual katanas, many teachers are quite knowledgeable.

You'll have to decide whether you're willing to let an American smith do the work, or whether you want the 'real deal.' Either path will not be easy or simple.

Do your research work up front, very carefully. It's easy to get scammed.

EDIT: Might also try posting on the custom knives sub-forum here. There are custom collectors here who do understand katanas. If you catch their ear/eye, they have a lot they can share.

If you're going to seriously consider an expensive katana, spend some time on Sword Forums. Visit a local iaido dojo ... although they don't use actual katanas, many teachers are quite knowledgeable.

You'll have to decide whether you're willing to let an American smith do the work, or whether you want the 'real deal.' Either path will not be easy or simple.

EDIT: Might also try posting on the custom knives sub-forum here. There are custom collectors here who do understand katanas. If you catch their ear/eye, they have a lot they can share.

Just because it is "Iai", don't mean they don't cut, OP. True, lotta Aiki dojos that use the sword don't cut, and true, a fair amount of "do bunnies" don't cut....but I'd say almost 1/2 of the iai dojos in the US are incorporating SOME cutting into their repetoire, and many are doing it with Japanese blades.

When we started out at my dojo, we all learned MJER Iai Heiho, then we did MSR Jodo, we have integrated Muso Shinden Ryu Batto-Jutsu, and for the last 4 years we have trained in Ono Ha Itto Ryu Kenjutsu. We have 14 year olds who can cut quite proficiently.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Just because it is "Iai", don't mean they don't cut, OP. True, lotta Aiki dojos that use the sword don't cut, and true, a fair amount of "do bunnies" don't cut....but I'd say almost 1/2 of the iai dojos in the US are incorporating SOME cutting into their repetoire, and many are doing it with Japanese blades.

When we started out at my dojo, we all learned MJER Iai Heiho, then we did MSR Jodo, we have integrated Muso Shinden Ryu Batto-Jutsu, and for the last 4 years we have trained in Ono Ha Itto Ryu Kenjutsu. We have 14 year olds who can cut quite proficiently.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Outstanding.:)

I've learned something today.:thumbup:

All the more reason this particular OP should contact someone like, well, you.:)

Outstanding.:)

All the more reason this particular OP should contact someone like, well, you.:)

I have a new policy, until a member goes purple or better, I'm not offering up squat.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I have a $45.00 Cold Steel war hammer and I have done all kinds of damage with it. It was made by magical Taiwanese elves out of specially killed drop forged steel. I was fortunate to obtain one from Ancient Timez, in the legendary days before the dreaded set screw hole appeared to vex us.

That probably gives it a +1 to hit.

i have a free rock that am sure if i trow it at you, all kill you :)

I have a new policy, until a member goes purple or better, I'm not offering up squat.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

wow very nice welcome of thise forum

i have a black belt in 45 semi auto whit forge barrel
and am sure somone will look like a purple ballon after 2 week

Good policy.

If you're going to USE Blade Forums, you ought to SUPPORT Blade Forums.

what about people like me....I use about 6 diferent forums for knife and gun information....

if I supported them all (I do support the one I use the most) it would be over $100 a year...for a guy that lives pay check to pay check.....that is a lot of money...

while I can not even afford a "Cheap" sword right now...I love reading and learning new things....but like people say nothing is free in life

Bladeforums is free. We do have a few extras for paid members, but browsers are welcome. :)

wow very nice welcome of thise forum

i have a black belt in 45 semi auto whit forge barrel
and am sure somone will look like a purple ballon after 2 week

Dude, quit it, you are making me laugh..... a lot.....it's embarassing.

what about people like me....I use about 6 diferent forums for knife and gun information....

if I supported them all (I do support the one I use the most) it would be over $100 a year...for a guy that lives pay check to pay check.....that is a lot of money...

while I can not even afford a "Cheap" sword right now...I love reading and learning new things....but like people say nothing is free in life

I support the free flow of information....but it isn't free to maintain BladeForums. If someone has a general question, I'll help out.

If it is something in my range of "expertise" and there is research required, possibly names and addresses requested, there will be nothing from my end if the originating question comes from a non-paying member.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

i just got the gold member just got to take pic now

Looks like we have a paying member! So, why don't we treat him nice...

Just sayin'... Maybe we can help him figure out how to post a pic.

I usually just upload an attachment using the advanced feature for posting.

Back