Photos Ankerson/Sanders Bowie - Pictures

Ankerson

Knife and Computer Geek
Got this in today (Production Sample) and Spyderco told me I can post pictures so here we go. :spyder:

Specs of this knife:
Blade - 6 3/4"
OAL - 12 5/16"
Weight - 11.4 oz
Spine thickness - .145"
Steel CPM 4V
Handle Material - G10
BTE - .025"

DSC_6052.JPG

DSC_6054.JPG

DSC_6056.JPG

DSC_60571.JPG

DSC_6059.JPG

DSC_6060.JPG

DSC_6061.JPG

Last edited:
yeah i figured if ya had it youd share.....but was hoping ya had some inside info and was allowed to share it....couldnt hurt to ask.

I've been waiting two years for this knife, glad it's finally coming to fruition. I really wanted one with a bolster on it.
Doesn't mean I'll pass this one up.
Ankerson Ankerson , do you know if the HT is going to be the same as the concept knife ?

yeah i figured if ya had it youd share.....but was hoping ya had some inside info and was allowed to share it....couldnt hurt to ask.

All the info I have right now is the Production sample, took the specs and posted.

Once I have more info and or Spyderco releases the full specs etc we will let everyone know.

I've been waiting two years for this knife, glad it's finally coming to fruition. I really wanted one with a bolster on it.
Doesn't mean I'll pass this one up.
Ankerson Ankerson , do you know if the HT is going to be the same as the concept knife ?

Different steel, the concept was CPM 10V, production is CPM 4V.

Couldn't remember. Maybe, I read that some were going to be offered also in 4V

10V was an experiment to see if it would hold up to the use a knife like this will see and it did just fine.

However we felt CPM 4V would be a much better choice, and could make it thinner.

10V was an experiment to see if it would hold up to the use a knife like this will see and it did just fine.

However we felt CPM 4V would be a much better choice, and could make it thinner.

I definitely prefer 4V, I've had better edge retention with 4V than any other tool steel. I wouldn't turn a nose up to 10V either.
Both have been stellar performers

Congrats on the blade!

My ears perked up when I was watching Eric at the shot show, I wasn't sure if it was you Ankerson Ankerson When I heard your name.

Looks great

Is that the name they're going with? The Ankerson/Sanders.

They could combine your names and call it the "Dank."

I love how thin it is. I may have to pick one up as an accompaniment to the custom I have on order with Darrin.

They could combine your names and call it the "Dank."

I love how thin it is. I may have to pick one up as an accompaniment to the custom I have on order with Darrin.

It's pretty light for a knife that size and strength.

It's pretty light for a knife that size and strength.

How does it feel in the hand? I love that coke bottle contour that Darrin does, but the couple knives of his that I've used had handles a bit large for my medium sized paws.

How does it feel in the hand? I love that coke bottle contour that Darrin does, but the couple knives of his that I've used had handles a bit large for my medium sized paws.

Feels great in hand, like air.

I doubt you will have any issues holding it, we adjusted the handle over time.

Back