1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos Ankerson/Sanders Bowie - Pictures

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Ankerson, Feb 12, 2018.

1. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    I like Boltaron but if it turns out to be leather, hope they do a great sheath and not a cheap, thin piece of leather. If Leather it needs to compliment the knife not degrade it.

2. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    The sheath is planned for Boltaron. The blade is not a stainless (5% Chrome) and would not be as happy in a leather sheath if wet.

Hey Rick,

If you've ever had one of out leather sheaths, would would know we don't do cheap.

sal

Freedom Pullo and Rebel Nimrod like this.
  3. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    Thanks Mr. Glesser, again online knife dealers and the mid year product guide say leather that is where the confusion came from because Eric said at Shot Show that the sheath would be Boltaron, glad to hear Boltaron, I like Spyderco Boltaron Sheaths, and was very happy when Eric said at Shot show it would be Boltaron. As far as the leather, I was not trying to say Spyderco does cheap leather, I have never had one of your leather Sheaths, just wanted a great leather sheath (if it went in that direction)for I what I believe will be a great knife. So I did not mean to offend and I apologize if I did so.

Back to Boltaron, a few months ago I picked up my first Spyderco Fixed blade, a Jumpmaster 2. Love the knife and love the Boltaron Sheath. So I am really glad the Ankerson/Sanders Bowie will be Boltaron.

4. S.T.A.T.E.S.

S.T.A.T.E.S. TSProf sharpeners (www.statesllc.com) Dealer / Materials Provider

Apr 27, 2017
    I have placed a pre-order for a Province. Now, I have to wait patiently.:) I'm wondering what profile angle is recommended. I have a 23 degree per side, convex edge on the Fallkniven A1 Pro.

5. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod

Jan 23, 2014
    I’m going up to Alaska in 9 days to camp for a week, I REALLY wish I had one of these to take with me!

6. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Rick,

No offense taken.

sal

7. hank_rearden

hank_rearden

Jun 7, 2002
    it's not a thrower, seeing how it thins towards the tip, but it sure looks like a fighter.

RickJ likes this.
  8. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    I don't want to speak for Jim, and maybe he can chime in, but if you want to classify it, I think I was call it an all purpose "Camp Knife".

sal

9. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    First thought I had when I first saw it.

10. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002

Hi Sal,

Yes, defiantly an all purpose camp knife designed to hold up very well in just about any situation.

Jim

jbmonkey and S.T.A.T.E.S. like this.
  11. DeadboxHero

DeadboxHero Triple B Handmade Knives, Big Brown Bear

Mar 22, 2014
    Are we getting close to launch?

din likes this.
  12. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    Probably in the SEP/OCT area.

sal

Kels73, din and Rebel Nimrod like this.
  13. din

din Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2006
    On the one hand, that's good because it gives me more time to save money so I can buy other knives now. On the other hand, I want it now, now, now!

14. DeadboxHero

DeadboxHero Triple B Handmade Knives, Big Brown Bear

Mar 22, 2014
    Thanks Sal, gives me time to save

15. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod

Jan 23, 2014
    It’s September, where’s my ASB????? :rolleyes:

Don W and Gary W. Graley like this.
  16. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod

Jan 23, 2014
    ....and now almost mid October. I’m hoping soon! Updates anyone?

jbmonkey likes this.
  17. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    looking forward to this one...........

18. Choke

Choke

Dec 11, 2010
    I’m definitely looking forward to this one.

19. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    Looks like the perfect fixed blade.

20. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod

Jan 23, 2014
    ....and November....

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Cypress likes this.