Photos Ankerson/Sanders Bowie - Pictures

I like Boltaron but if it turns out to be leather, hope they do a great sheath and not a cheap, thin piece of leather. If Leather it needs to compliment the knife not degrade it.

The sheath is planned for Boltaron. The blade is not a stainless (5% Chrome) and would not be as happy in a leather sheath if wet.

Hey Rick,

If you've ever had one of out leather sheaths, would would know we don't do cheap.

sal

Thanks Mr. Glesser, again online knife dealers and the mid year product guide say leather that is where the confusion came from because Eric said at Shot Show that the sheath would be Boltaron, glad to hear Boltaron, I like Spyderco Boltaron Sheaths, and was very happy when Eric said at Shot show it would be Boltaron. As far as the leather, I was not trying to say Spyderco does cheap leather, I have never had one of your leather Sheaths, just wanted a great leather sheath (if it went in that direction)for I what I believe will be a great knife. So I did not mean to offend and I apologize if I did so.

Back to Boltaron, a few months ago I picked up my first Spyderco Fixed blade, a Jumpmaster 2. Love the knife and love the Boltaron Sheath. So I am really glad the Ankerson/Sanders Bowie will be Boltaron.

I have placed a pre-order for a Province. Now, I have to wait patiently.:) I'm wondering what profile angle is recommended. I have a 23 degree per side, convex edge on the Fallkniven A1 Pro.

I’m going up to Alaska in 9 days to camp for a week, I REALLY wish I had one of these to take with me!

I don't want to speak for Jim, and maybe he can chime in, but if you want to classify it, I think I was call it an all purpose "Camp Knife".

sal

Probably in the SEP/OCT area.

sal

On the one hand, that's good because it gives me more time to save money so I can buy other knives now. On the other hand, I want it now, now, now!

looking forward to this one...........

Back