www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here's what I'm offering up:

attachment.php

K5 Karda in cable damascus
5" overall, 2" blade
Keychain Kydex sheath

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Just post a reply to this thread letting me know what you think of my forum, my knives, my website (all suggestions/comments welcome!) and you're in!

All names will go in a hat and the winner will be drawn on Saturday.

Thanks for looking!

Daniel Koster

Excellent knives, I really like the traditional look of your work.

As to your knives, I love the looks and designs. But, will be better armed to comment when my WSK gets here. (I hope it will be today, so I can take it camping tomorrow.)
As to the forum, it is one of the only two I subscribe to. When I see a new post, It's like seeing the next course in a multi-course meal, coming to my table. I get a new taste for whatever your working on, going to be working on and what I'd like to see you working on.:thumbup:
And you have great pics! Thanks, Mike

I got to see one of your knives first hand (for the first time) at Blade Show in Atlanta this year. It was the gold/black powder coated model. I was impressed. I like the design above as well. Makes me reconsider damascus (don't own any currently). Looks like something I could actually carry on my keychain.

GregB

Your designs are awesome......I love your kitchen knives and hope to add one to my collection. The only thing is.....the other day someone posted pictures of an ugly mofo working in what I assume to be your shop. I've not yet recovered from that......therapy maybe. :D

Great stuff, I am drawn to your kitchen knives in particular, and some of the other knives on occasion. Some I cannot warm up to, but I can appreciate the imagination and creativity of all your work I have seen.
Presentation of your work is top notch, both here on the forums as well as you website. Fine Job!

Well, I must say that I really like the look of some of your blades. The Karda and the K-TUSK are two that really seem to grab my attention. Love both the size and appeal of these two knives. The forum is a good place to pick up some quick info on the products, upcoming products, and available knives. Really pretty well done.

--------

Okay, had a little more time to go back over the forum and website.

The Website

The website has an all around generally well-done design. The different "tabs" at the top make it semi-easy to navigate. The "Order Tracker" is a good touch so customers can log in and check on the status of their blades. The tutorials section is awesome - I had never really stopped to read through that before. The photo gallery shows off some good examples of your work, but it is not near large enough. However, there are a couple o' things I would change.

1. I would make the "Order Tracker" have its own tab on the home page. Rather than having to negotiate through the entire website to find it, it makes sense just to have a link to it with the other tabs at the top of the home page.

Okay, so I just went back to the site to check it out again really quick, and I realized that there is a link to the order tracker about halfway down the home page inside the body of the text. I would still put it at the top with the other tabs, though.

2. In the "Orders" tab, it says you can click on the order tracker for pricing information, but I could not find any pricing information. I would definitely add some pricing info if you happen to have any type of standard charges for certain knives that you make a lot of. The only pricing I did happen to find was in the photo gallery, but I didn't really expect to find that there. I figured there would be some sort of pricing list under the "Orders" tab.

3. Try to add pictures of all of your knives before you ship them out. At least a picture of every different model. I really wanted to find a picture of your WSK with some pricing info, and I must have gone through the site three times, but I couldn't find it. Your blades are awesome - gotta show 'em all off with their prices to get people to buy 'em!

The Forum

What can I say, the forum is a typical forum :D . It is very clean - not cluttered with a hundred sticky's and what not, but sticky's aren't always a bad thing. I would add a sticky for the "Knives I Have Available Right Now" thread. That way it is always on top and people can check it regularly without having to search for it. Another sticky I would add is a "Picture and Pricing" thread, with pictures of the knives you make most and their prices. Got the information on the WSK that I mentioned earlier on the forum, but I had to dig for it. A sticky with pictures and pricing would have made it way easier :D .

Dang, I feel like I just pointed out a bunch of negative stuff, but it's really not. It's really meant to be just my suggestions to help you out, because I love your blades! Have yet to own one, but I've handled a few, and I would love to get my hands on the WSK!

Take care, and stay safe!

I really like the looks of your work. I also got to first see some of your knives at the Blade show last month. I hope to add one to my collection soon!:)

Thats a stunning knife. I think this is a great forum, the team of moderators is good they keep out the flack and aren't overly strict and make the forums unfun to be in. This is one of my favorite forums around because of that. The layout isn't my favorite with all the different sections but then again it is nice that I can focus on threads that interest me rather than having it less organized.

It's funny you should offer up a FREE fixed blade of that size because thats the kind of knife I have wanted to try out.

Thanks for the forums and your knives.

I remember meeting you at Blade a few years back and you were just getting into knifemaking. You have definitely come a long way. Having your own forum on BFC is a sure sign that you are indeed a knifemaker and have made the big time. Congrats!

PS- Your website looks great as well!

Checked out your web site, very user friendly and WOW, you do some fine work, I like your designs and your folder collection also. Thanks for the contest. I have always enjoyed your posts in forums. I tend to skip around and look for topics of interest. But see those twins often and pay attention.:thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice site. I really like your style. Lots of unique designs and features coming out of your shop. I look forward to seeing your work here on BF frequently. If I win the knife, I've got a certain young fella in mind who could certainly put it to good use.
Thanks,
Scott

The forum here was a good idea.

It's a little like the Cantina, people with friendly attitude. Then we can see your work, what's new, what's to come and discuss of less... serious subjects.
nastytaste.jpg

Suggestions? Two more stickies: One for the pics of your knives and another of what is available, like this thread (I know, it's in your signature, but it can't hurt).

And maybe some pics of Tom working too :p

Love that knife. I like your shop/process photos. Who would think you would drill your full tangs to that extent? It shows attention to the unseen elements and to the functionality of your knives. Like that you make users.

Very cool of you Dan.

I think this forum is going to have great success.

Your participation here Dan will keep this place jumping. Like when you come on and just post what your working on and whats next keeps it interesting.

The fact that you make a great knife don't hurt either. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back