ASH-1 Family Trio - and a "Healthy ASH" ?

e05a7a9ea2c8b7e6d0b5304fd80729b2.jpg

Great pics everyone !!!

Let’s hope there’s a forsaken ASH1 coming :) !!!

Glad you posted that image Andy. It’s been the wallpaper on my tablet for many years. As one collects anything, the more you get - the less you need to get. The current number? A mere fifteen.

I have a few duplicate ASH1 color combinations - but only if they’re too good a deal to ignore. That Desert Sandstorm is close to being my Grail. Along with the original DSF, as offered to the US military. And some of the very early - hard to locate - Bussekin.

Y’all have a great weekend - from Richmond, Virginia.

Old pic.... :D

Andy, would love to see a pic of your "most and best 'loved' ASH-1!" I just know you are a man of action and use at least one of your babies REALLY HARD.

Please, please, please? !!

Also, what is your favorite ASH-1? And by "favorite ASH-1," I mean 1) the specific specimen that you love the most, 2) the edition your most love, 3) of said favorite edition, what configuration you most love (handle material/s? blade finish, etc if there were choices with that one?), and separate and apart from what handle treatments were offered and available on any specific edition such as your favorite, what is your favorite handle treatment - material/s, color/s, and thickness and finish (magnum or flat, scalloped or hand-shaped, etc?), and Finally, is there a specific ASH-1 that you want and have not yet acquired, but for which you are searching?

I hope I/we hear back from ya', Andy! I figured why not ask - after all, you ARE the world's foremost authority on the subject!

Oh, and if you choose to play -
If not already described or answered in response to one of the questions above, if you were to design your ultimate ASH-1, what would that be???

Cheers!

Ken

Duramax, love 'em! thanks! What is the material and color combo on that first one with the custom handle? BEAUTIFUL!
Thank you :)

.32 satin goodness with g-Rex handle, green g10 ? With white bone with mosaic pins.

I’ll double check later when I’m home :)

I will start briefly.... my most loved (as in used) are at each end of the scale....if you look at the pic above they are the top and bottom knives in the pic. The top one is a skinny with magnum grips and the bottom is a .32 with standard grips. Most of my knives don't look too battered as I rarely baton with them but I do chop, chopping does not wear the coating as we see so often like batoning. I would also add that I have a another fatty that is not pictured that has see more than it's share of time away and use with me, it wears G10 magnum grips. Both those .32s are extremely sharp (I did one and got the other with the edge on it) and it has taken very little work to keep them like that.

Now for my favourites....that is tough as I love them all ;) I have two that the CS did for me, both are around .21/22 sabre ground and coated. One wears hand shaped black G10 and one Black and Green G10 mags. If I had to choose "just one" from my bunch I would be torn between one of those two and the .32 with G10 mags. I also have a more unique one that is double cut, runs just a little thicker than the middle weight .22s and wears black and tan hand shaped G10 (which is much more black than any of the newer offering) that is almost perfect..... :D

If I were to design one (and I eagerly await the Custom Shop !!) it would be around .25/.26 with hand shaped G10 and a black coated blade....but I could be swayed into double cut.

What is missing from my collection all of them.... ;) :D but for now I still don't have an LE.

The ASH to me is the ideal "purpose not specified" knife... that is why I do love the design so much (and it just looks perfect to *my* eye - that is entirely subjective I know). Why I say "purpose not specific" is that there are better skinning/meat processing knives, better choppers, better "bushcraft" knives etc etc..... but it is one that can do all those tasks (I have with one or more of the iterations I own) better than "adequately". I get that for many it mean it is not "perfect' for a single task and that is exactly why it appeals to me. Very very much "if you could own only one knife"... :D

Thanks Andy for the last post. I humbly supplicate myself at your throne of ASH1 knowledge.

Curious if you own any of the originals - the SH1. If so, they probably don’t get used much. If at all.

Thanks...T

Back