axes of the movies

Director said, "Find me the biggest axe you can for this scene!"

This one probably along the same intention:
Sam Elliott splitting wood with his broad axe.
Ghost Rider (2007)
Ghost-Rider2.jpg

Ghost-Rider1.jpg

Director said, "Find me the biggest axe you can for this scene!"

This one probably along the same intention:
Sam Elliott splitting wood with his broad axe.
Ghost Rider (2007)
Ghost-Rider2.jpg

Ghost-Rider1.jpg
Bronson and Elliot probably both responded with "don't expect me to swing that too many times!"

I do, recommend, though, the "Hatchet" trilogy, and the 2017 follow-up, "Victor Crowley". Slasher horror comedy at its best:

Last edited:
And for a mind-bending mystery thriller, the exquisite:

triangle-438902l-600x0-w-e622d928.jpg

[LE] Edited out the trailer, too many spoilers. Sheesh. Excellent movie, bad trailer! Don't watch it, if you intend to watch the movie.

Last edited:
I don't know if a TV series fits this post, but, did anybody watch the PBS series "Frontier House" that aired in 2002 ? It had 6- one hour shows about three modern day families that were trying to homestead in Montana 1883 style. Period axe work building log cabins, gathering firewood, and even an axe throwing competition at a 1883 style harvest fair in the last episode.

What about TV commercials ?
There have been a few over the past couple years , and generally the axe is just some modern POS import / home Depot special.

There's a Geico commercial where there's a family RV camping and the husband is going fishing and the wife is thinking " what's the axe for " and the axe is probably from HF or something.
Theres a farmers only commercial where a crappy splitter is used.

And there's a current Chevy commercial with a woman who harvests her own Christmas tree.
One chopping motion is seen then the tree is shown being loaded into her truck and you can see a perfectly clean saw cut trunk.

Oh and there was also a recent Hawii 5O episode involving an axe murder and I Believe the axe is a Council tools USA stamp axe that's been aged.

And of course there is this doozy! "AXE" made in 1974.

"A group of three criminals on the run from the law, go about terrorizing the local townsfolk of a small community, before descending on an isolated farm which is home to a young girl named Lisa and her paralyzed grandfather. After being sexually assaulted by two of the gangsters, she retaliates using an axe and a razor blade." 4.9/10 on IMBD.

4.9 means I'm watching it. I never go below 2, though. :D

Thanks!
I may pay attention to IMDB ratings sometimes, but absolutely never Rotten Tomatoes.
Some of my favorite movies have been given horrible ratings on RT and it's because they're a bunch of idiots who don't know bull :D
I might also add that most of the movies that I just absolutely can't stand have been given rave RT scores.

I may pay attention to IMDB ratings sometimes, but absolutely never Rotten Tomatoes.
Some of my favorite movies have been given horrible ratings on RT and it's because they're a bunch of idiots who don't know bull :D
I might also add that most of the movies that I just absolutely can't stand have been given rave RT scores.

I feel pretty much the same.

Back