axes of the movies

Here's the axe featured in that Ford commercial I mentioned.

It's some sort of lugged axe with very pronounced phantom bevels, it appears to have a proper banana grind.
I don't know what it is, but it does look like it could be old or at least well aged
I was thinking it could possibly a CT classic jersey that's been aged, but I'm not sure if the phantom bevels on these are really this crisp and pronounced plus the space between them seems a bit wide for a CT classic.

Last edited:
Here's the axe featured in that Ford commercial I mentioned.

It's some sort of lugged axe with very pronounced phantom bevels, it appears to have a proper banana grind.
I don't know what it is, but it does look like it could be old or at least well aged
I was thinking it could possibly a CT classic jersey that's been aged, but I'm not sure if the phantom bevels on these are really this crisp and pronounced plus the space between them seems a bit wide for a CT classic.

You know, my eyes see cheap modern Chinese or Indian axe. That's funny. Who knows?

Greatest film of all time: Evil Dead

I'm assuming that you mean greatest after Army of Darkness...:D

"Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up!"

If I remember correctly, James Stewart threw an axe into a pirate's back in How the West Was Won. I wish I could find the picture.

Sometimes, the props are made out of aluminum. Milla Jovovich wasn't "killing" those zombies by swinging two steel bruisers.

Have any of y'all seen the testosterone boosting pill ad (I cant remember which 'cause there've been a couple) where a guy swings what looks like a swedish surplus axe with a red painted head straight into a branch? Amazingly, a huge chip pops out of his poorly shaped u cut instead of a nice v shaped cut. Nice axe, poor technique.

I always got a kick out of the movie "Vikings" when Kirk Douglas tests whether or not a maiden has been unfaithful. Sticks her head thru a wagon wheel (?) spreads her hair braids our, then throws several axes. If he cuts the hair cleanly she is innocent. If an axe hits her in the head, when then obviously she was Guilty. Hard times to be a woman, that's for sure. John

Back