BBB 15v use reports?

If you haven’t got one yet. Amareican Edge Corp is dropping some tonight at TONIGHT at 7:30pm Central Time
Saw that, thanks. Still probably won't be fast enough. The cheapest flipper I've seen here at BFs for the Shaman has been $320. Nope. :poop: Finally found a good price on a 15V PM2 awhile back though (pics above).

You should be fast enough. Let me know if you get one.

Hopefully the page is the same as it was. It's no longer showing up like it was before. No way I'll score without the page pre-loaded lol.

Lol I forgot to watch it

It went out of stock in 1:55. Wonder how many they had. Surprised this vendor wasn't on the alerts thread at all over at the Spydie forum.

I’ll probably text Jordan and ask him how many they had

WhMUbRi.png
FEM1ORr.png
Great post! I found my needle in a hay stack (15v PM2) on Amazon as a “one in stock” I’m hoping it arrives unmolested 😬👍
Yes, it came at a premium, however I consider it a real nice find.

I’ve only had my 15v PM2 for a couple days but……the steel “feels” noticeably harder and slicier going through paper than Maxamet and M4 steel in my other Spydies. I know that’s not very scientific data to offer 🙄. I’m expecting a 15v Shaman tomorrow and more than a little excited to welcome it to our household.

Saw that, thanks. Still probably won't be fast enough. The cheapest flipper I've seen here at BFs for the Shaman has been $320. Nope. :poop: Finally found a good price on a 15V PM2 awhile back though (pics above).
I payed a little “extra” for both my 15v Shaman and PM2 but……they came quickly, are perfect, came NIB with all original packing and paperwork. I’m just happy to have them. They are a limited offering! I pay a little extra for fresh Uni and Toro at the sushi bar too! 😉😇👍IMG_5077.jpeg

Sorry about the previous post. I accidentally posted before I was done typing.

I have the 15v PM2. So far I like it, but I don't feel it's anything really special. I definitely don't think it's worth the premiums people are asking.

Let me just say, this isn't a scientific test. I'm not too concerned about what a catra test says versus what I've experienced. I'm using real use scenarios I encounter and writing about my observations. These aren't tests I'm setting up or designing. Some of what I write is going to be subjective and purely my opinion.

I had to cut up quite a bit of thick double wall cardboard, so I decided to test my magnacut mordax and the 15v PM2 (both unused, both recent acquisitions). If you think breaking down stout cardboard like this "isn't much of a test", then I'd say you're not using the right cardboard. I'm not talking about opening Amazon packages. You're more than welcome to go test cutting whatever exotic super material you want so that you can push the limits, but I do this because it's relatable to most people and it's a real use scenario most of us will encounter.

I wasn't gentle. In fact, I was rough, but not abusive. Both were factory edges. Both were used for push and pull cuts. The magnacut took significantly less edge damage in the form of rolling and "flat spots". During this kind of use case scenario chipping shouldn't occur and it didn't for either blade.

What really surprised me was that the 15v took damage so much faster than the magnacut.This could be due to the thinner edge geometry of the PM2 and isn't necessarily reflective of the steel properties.

The 15v definitely has more abrasion resistance/edge retention, but not as much as I thought it would. Granted, these were factory edges. Maybe the steel was fatigued, which could also contribute to the edge damage I previously mentioned. I'll know more after resharpening both and running them through their paces again.

I'll be using both the knives for some upcoming projects, once the blades are worn down I'll put new edges on each and that's when I think more representative results will be achieved. I'm reserving more definitive judgement until then. So far I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but I'm not as impressed with the 15v as I thought I'd be. It's possible my expectations, which I tried to avoid having altogether, were too high.

To address the edge geometry issue, I'll be putting a cruwear PM2 into the mix as well. I'll post again once I have something worth noting.

Sorry about the previous post. I accidentally posted before I was done typing.

I have the 15v PM2. So far I like it, but I don't feel it's anything really special. I definitely don't think it's worth the premiums people are asking.

Let me just say, this isn't a scientific test. I'm not too concerned about what a catra test says versus what I've experienced. I'm using real use scenarios I encounter and writing about my observations. These aren't tests I'm setting up or designing. Some of what I write is going to be subjective and purely my opinion.

I had to cut up quite a bit of thick double wall cardboard, so I decided to test my magnacut mordax and the 15v PM2 (both unused, both recent acquisitions). If you think breaking down stout cardboard like this "isn't much of a test", then I'd say you're not using the right cardboard. I'm not talking about opening Amazon packages. You're more than welcome to go test cutting whatever exotic super material you want so that you can push the limits, but I do this because it's relatable to most people and it's a real use scenario most of us will encounter.

I wasn't gentle. In fact, I was rough, but not abusive. Both were factory edges. Both were used for push and pull cuts. The magnacut took significantly less edge damage in the form of rolling and "flat spots". During this kind of use case scenario chipping shouldn't occur and it didn't for either blade.

What really surprised me was that the 15v took damage so much faster than the magnacut.This could be due to the thinner edge geometry of the PM2 and isn't necessarily reflective of the steel properties.

The 15v definitely has more abrasion resistance/edge retention, but not as much as I thought it would. Granted, these were factory edges. Maybe the steel was fatigued, which could also contribute to the edge damage I previously mentioned. I'll know more after resharpening both and running them through their paces again.

I'll be using both the knives for some upcoming projects, once the blades are worn down I'll put new edges on each and that's when I think more representative results will be achieved. I'm reserving more definitive judgement until then. So far I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but I'm not as impressed with the 15v as I thought I'd be. It's possible my expectations, which I tried to avoid having altogether, were too high.

To address the edge geometry issue, I'll be putting a cruwear PM2 into the mix as well. I'll post again once I have something worth noting.
Please keep up the good work! Valuable info for sharing with folks like me! 👍 I’ll be sharing my observations as well. My small Sebenza and Malibu are Magnacut, my BBB duo are 15v, one PM2 in Maxamet and a para 3 in M4.

Back