Becker East Fall 2016 Gathering

Cleared it with the wife and the calendar. Looks like I'll be able to make it to my first Becker gathering!

I'll be in a hammock.

Besides eating and sleeping, what kinds of things do I need to be prepared for?

bragging, cutting, chopping, learning, maybe some shooting, knife sharpening, fire, hammers & hot steel, laughing, and possibly the occasional barley pop or grain soda if you are of age and lean towards that sort of thing.

bragging, cutting, chopping, learning, maybe some shooting, knife sharpening, fire, hammers & hot steel, laughing, and possibly the occasional barley pop or grain soda if you are of age and lean towards that sort of thing.
Sounds great! I'll come ready for all of those activities. I love to learn, so I look forward to gleaning some knowledge from some of you folks. I would especially like learning a bit about bladesmithing.

I also enjoy teaching too, so I'll humbly offer up my experience in hopes that it may help some. I can do friction fire (bow drill) adequately, and have my bannock recipe dialed in pretty well.

I look forward to potentially meeting other local people that are into bushcraft/fieldcraft.

Sounds great! I'll come ready for all of those activities. I love to learn, so I look forward to gleaning some knowledge from some of you folks. I would especially like learning a bit about bladesmithing.

I also enjoy teaching too, so I'll humbly offer up my experience in hopes that it may help some. I can do friction fire (bow drill) adequately, and have my bannock recipe dialed in pretty well.

I look forward to potentially meeting other local people that are into bushcraft/fieldcraft.

I've never been able to start a successful bow drill fire. Would love to see a demo!

Count me in. I'll be bringing a hammock and possibly a friend. Found a package on my doorstep today and when I opened it found myself to be the proud owner of a brand spankin new machax.😍 Now to go beat it up some!

Count me in. I'll be bringing a hammock and possibly a friend. Found a package on my doorstep today and when I opened it found myself to be the proud owner of a brand spankin new machax.😍 Now to go beat it up some!

Eager much?

I've never been able to start a successful bow drill fire. Would love to see a demo!

Well, I'll be happy to show you. Be forewarned, though. Murphy's law likes to kick in when I have an audience.

I'm also nowhere near an expert. I've only been doing it for a few months.

Glad your gonna make it pointy. Gonna have any time to produce some home brew?

Pointy - you need to visit -- we have 2 new micro breweries in town, Happy Bassett (already open) and Norseman Brewing Co. (grand opening 10/14 -- encouraging people in viking garb for opening night)

Back