<<BECKERHEAD BEACHBODIES>> ;) *MYB* G~A~W !! {not just for fitness pros....}

Saturday went in an 8km round-trip hike that ascended about 400 meters in altitude, was quite the workout on the way up.

Today I walked to and from the bus stop to work, about 2km total.

spent some quality time with a chainsaw yesterday afternoon converting a medium sized tree into firepit sized pieces.

walked a lot this past week - unfortunately, a lot of that walking was towards the food being dished up on Half Moon Ridge.
it'll take a few days to shed all the excess salt & nitrate so I can lose the 10# of mostly (I hope) water weight I gained.

Good to see this thread still going!

Life has been crazy busy around here and I haven't been able to get onto the computer much. I still run 5+ km every day followed by my hiit workouts. Still working on my ultimate goal to get my beach body ;). Talked to the wife, as a reward for when I get the look I'm going for I can get my tattoo finished (after about 12 years of waiting lol)

Keep up the good work y'all!

So last week I decided I needed to start commuting on my bike, set a goal for 3 days and/or 50 miles per week. I hit it last week and am off to the same start this week. The first couple were experimental routes and I didn't track them with Strava, but the others are my now standard routes and a couple fun jaunts to complete the 50 mile goal.

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG

This trip around West Seattle was the longest road ride I've ever been on, and I had a blast.

6.PNG
This was my ride to hit the goal I had never hit before, 50 miles in a week is killer to start but ultimately I hope to replicate it soon.

7.PNG 8.PNG

Who let this thread go to page 2!!! The things that happen when I'm not around I tell ya.... :p

Well... I've kicked my injuries ass. They said I wouldn't get 100% range of motion back, I did. They said I may not get 100% stregnth back within the year, just shy of 5 months after my go-ahead to train; I have (by comparison of my workouts before my injury). From day 1 of my heaviest weight (264lbs) to about 2 weeks ago, I've dropped 96lbs (I was 168lbs before starting to add mass, currently 172lbs). I put some of my update and progress photos here in my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/timmehthetank/ (full disclamier, I have a hard time keeping my shirt on now). Some of the pictures you can see the nice scar leftover under the cellphone I used to take the photos.

I still train almost every day and am following a pretty strict intermittant fasting diet. 5-6km run followed by hiit workout. I got a new personal best for my run the other day at 3.1 miles (5km) in 20:29 (my goal is to get under 20).

While I may just check in from time to time, I think about you guys and your fitness / activity journies. Hope you all are sticking with it, here's some proof that hard work and a little suffereing pays off.

BZrf0wxne0K

Last edited:
Haven't been checking in much - work schedule has been crazy; but I've been plugging along. The hand is still messed up; but doesn't bother me much for most of my day to day activities. I did some fall cleanup at the other property today; then drove out to a state park and wandered around in the woods for a couple hours (6.5-7 miles, no pack)

PAGE 3???? Slackers! all of you! (until you prove me wrong ;))

I'm just ball busting, but I'm one to talk as I'm never here ether :D

Well since my last post I've completed a few of my personal goals and am currently looking to make more.

I changed up my diet and shredded down to 164.6lbs, this put me at a total 100lbs lost since I was at my biggest (checkmark), and I had a new personal best for a 5km run the other day at 19:48 (checkmark under 20min). I've gotten strong enough in my shoulders to start working on inverted movements (hand stands / handstand shoulder presses). I've been follwing some calisthenic bodyweight workout / moves that I'm staring to encorporate into my routines. I want to get really good at them :D

Hope y'all are doing well!

PAGE 3???? Slackers! all of you! (until you prove me wrong ;))

I'm just ball busting, but I'm one to talk as I'm never here ether :D

Well since my last post I've completed a few of my personal goals and am currently looking to make more.

I changed up my diet and shredded down to 164.6lbs, this put me at a total 100lbs lost since I was at my biggest (checkmark), and I had a new personal best for a 5km run the other day at 19:48 (checkmark under 20min). I've gotten strong enough in my shoulders to start working on inverted movements (hand stands / handstand shoulder presses). I've been follwing some calisthenic bodyweight workout / moves that I'm staring to encorporate into my routines. I want to get really good at them :D

Hope y'all are doing well!

I for one have every right to be called a slacker...:)

Congrats on reaching your goals, especially considering all the rips/tears/amputations/pins/nuts/bolts you’ve had to endure. Glad to hear your recovery went as good as it did. :thumbsup:

I need to get back on the horse and get my butt back into gear. Ever since the snow started falling I haven’t done anything cardio wise. Will remedy that shortly, as well as start some strengthening exercises as well. Figure if I start now, I’ll be in better shape for some backpacking stuff I have planned next summer. Anyways, good to see you back TBL!

I'll join in, sometimes extra motivation is nice, sometimes it's required for me to get out and do something.

Today I went to the boxing gym and didn't take it really easy for the first time since I had pneumonia. Might not've been the best idea, spat up a little something red, but I'm going to assume that was bbq sauce from earlier and just tone it down next time.

new gym opening in town in a few weeks - already signed up for a membership.
while waiting for that to open, my exercise has been wandering around pastures with a 10lb sling pack and a 7 pound rifle.

new gym opening in town in a few weeks - already signed up for a membership.
while waiting for that to open, my exercise has been wandering around pastures with a 10lb sling pack and a 7 pound rifle.

Mine too. I've been carrying around a 7lb rifle and a 30lb Ol Man on my back! Makes for great exercise tromping from one ridgeline to the next!

I for one have every right to be called a slacker...:)

Congrats on reaching your goals, especially considering all the rips/tears/amputations/pins/nuts/bolts you’ve had to endure. Glad to hear your recovery went as good as it did. :thumbsup:

I need to get back on the horse and get my butt back into gear. Ever since the snow started falling I haven’t done anything cardio wise. Will remedy that shortly, as well as start some strengthening exercises as well. Figure if I start now, I’ll be in better shape for some backpacking stuff I have planned next summer. Anyways, good to see you back TBL!

Thanks Aikiguy!!

Goes to show that when you set your mind to something, and don't mind a little bit of hard work; you can acheive anything you put your mind to.

I'm still going strong here in my own routine even if I'm not so present on here. Trying to maintain the new body I got and get better and stronger at certain things. I'm trying to get my goal list for 2018 together. Right now my biggest hinderence is that I'm not meal prepping like I used to back in October / November. I need to get my diet back under control. I haven't put on too much weight, and I've increased my lean muscle a bit. I need to get focused again. Its a really hard thing after acomplishing so much last year.

Good to see there are a few of you still going!

Merry Christmas / Happy New Year

Best of luck this year!

joined a gym.
they have rowing machines - so my goal for the next month or 2 is to work on cardio 3-4 nights a week after work.
last night I did 4 intervals of 5 minutes each with a 1 min rest for a total distance of 4.2 km in 23 minutes at a 7/10 resistance.
planned on going back tonight, but got stuck at work for 1.5 hours later than expected instead. :(

Been a bit scarce lately since real life has been hectic. Maybe things will calm down once the 3 Nubian does have their kids...Hahahaha!

Edit: I've gone from about 275 down to 250 (at 6'2") since getting the FitBit in May and the goats in August. Turns out that hauling 50 pound sacks of feed, mucking stalls, and hauling 20+ cubit feet of manure every week is a pretty good work out. Plus, since I'm entering my food into the FitBit app, by the time I've entered it, I'm not as hungry for seconds...

Screenshot (2).png

yesterday did 5 intervals of 5 min each on the rowing machines for 5238 m

shoot, I missed this thread by a lot! Last year I slacked off after my heart started to go double pace while going up a bridge on a 7-mile run. Got everything checked ok, but the pause allowed me to fall back on lazy habits and gained back the 50 pounds I had lost since I started half marathons/boxing gym 4 years ago. Decided to get off my butt on October (crazy time to get on a healthy eating habit, my goal was to survive till the new year came up), and in 3 months have dropped 30#. While still 40+ pounds away from my goal, I'm pretty stoked about the way I'm feeling and the fact that this new regime is quite varied, satisfying, and the workouts are not killing me.

Back