<<BECKERHEAD BEACHBODIES>> ;) *MYB* G~A~W !! {not just for fitness pros....}

I've been avoiding this thread because the end of last year was a period of extreme inactivity for me, and I lost whatever roll I may have been on.

This year I decided that I was going to try and take the slow route to improvement starting with my sleep schedule and diet, with my Fitbit keeping track of everything I started going to bed earlier and waking up earlier and cut all processed foods out of my diet. In the process I also decided I'd see if I couldn't drop some weight by simply eating less, so I set my mind to entering every bit of food I ate into my Fitbit app and had a goal of eating 1000 calories less than I burned. So far this year I've attained that goal, and while I've only lost 7 lbs in 15 days I have been getting more sleep, eating less crap (no fast food, no frozen food, low-carb focus), and drinking more water (80oz goal per day). I feel better, even if visually I haven't improved significantly; my goal is 30 lbs by my birthday in May and then start a strength-building routine from there once I've dropped some of the dead-weight and kept up some good habits.

I managed an 8-mile hike and a 15-mile bike ride over the weekend, but those were in part because I definitely wasn't going to reach my step total otherwise and needed to burn enough calories to have room for dinner :p Anyway, I can contribute those to the thread, both were rather scenic and certainly helped me accomplish my calorie-burning goals for the days.

BC2752A6-3AB2-4AC0-A2C0-14238B242C49.jpeg

75AB70AE-9452-49BB-B338-870EF8630162.jpeg

CCC1E6D3-EBC5-4243-8EB2-C7E2C6C8A8C5.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been slacking; but trying to get back into the swing of things. There were reasons, and good ones; but I'm not going to make excuses, I'm going to change my behavior. I may not post often; but if I don't stick with it to the extent that I'm able, I'll admit it

joined a new gym ($5 a month so long as I go in 12 or more days a month, $18 if I go less) - I think they're using Matrix brand machines.

Fit this in this morning, and ran fowl of a Canadian Mafia meeting.

2D4B33E7-C4A0-41F2-9C36-D65B239426DD.jpeg BEAD9A99-AC64-47E0-9DEA-3ADECDB6CE0E.jpeg
3147BF90-FB20-4DD4-8F4B-74D6750989BC.jpeg

Last edited:
5400+ m - still doing 5 intervals of 5 minutes w/1 min rests.
today I tried stepping the tension -- each rest I bumped it up a notch.

Thought I would share. It has been a tough road, but worth the effort. 5 days a week in the gym...and every day paying close attention in the kitchen. Started out 325 lbs. and now sit at 209 lbs. Worth every drop of sweat!!! I just thought some positive reinforcement might be nice.

qrq1U0A.jpg

clpAouD.jpg

That's impressive, YS! Keep up the great work.

I started adding running into my regimen in October to get in shape for the Turkey Trot (5k.)
Probably not quite fit enough to run the whole thing, but run/walked it with my daughter in under 40 min.
Kept it up until the new year, when my knees starting bugging me.

Just got new shoes, went out yesterday, no pain!
Did 3.11mi in 38 min. (Still run/walking.)
But with the proper support, I think I can get faster now decrease the walk/increase the run.
Alternating with long walks with a 20lb rucksack, I'm looking for this summer's 20 mile backpacking trip to not kick my ass.

3500 meters last night, 4k tonight in under 20 minutes -- followed by an hour in armor.

Thought I would share. It has been a tough road, but worth the effort. 5 days a week in the gym...and every day paying close attention in the kitchen. Started out 325 lbs. and now sit at 209 lbs. Worth every drop of sweat!!! I just thought some positive reinforcement might be nice.

qrq1U0A.jpg

clpAouD.jpg
Wow. Dude, way to go :thumbsup: My hats off to you. That's not an easy accomplishment. Keep up the awesome work bud.

Since my last post I've managed a couple walks on top of my bi-weekly fencing class and my personal-record step-count day on Tuesday.

fitbit.PNG

It rained nearly the entire time on my long walk Sunday, ended up soaked through; still hit my best distance so far this year. A bonus perk was that I walked to the highest point in the city of Seattle, which has a couple water towers on it and a terrible view, but I did it.

The other one was my attempt at having an activity to do while walking, I decided to count Subarus driving past to see if it's really as bad in Seattle as it seems; turns out my neighborhood is less Subaru'd than where I work but it's still a very popular brand around these parts.

strava.PNG

tonight's rowing was an endurance experiment -- 10 min rowing, 1 min rest, 11 min rowing for a total of 4664 meters.
I would have continued, but the machine shut down after I rowed straight through the cool down so it decided I should be done.

Fit 3 walks in this week so far (if you count Sunday as the start of the week), decided to go with punny names based on the biggest hill I chose to climb during the walk. Lost 12 lbs since January 1st so I must be doing something right, not so much on the exercise but eating less seems to be working.

walk1.PNG walk2.PNG walk3.PNG

Monday, just to see if I could, I did a trio of 2 km intervals with a 1 min rest between.
Wednesday & Friday I only did 2 intervals @ 2km ea, but worked on reducing my interval times - at a tension of 10, my split times averaged 8:40.

Last Monday night - run / walked a 5k in 40 1/2 minutes.
Tuesday night walked 2.5 miles with a 20 lb pack.
Wednesday night - did the 5k again, but in 36 minutes.
Thursday, just didn't get around to going out.
Friday morning, did a 6 mile hike with 1000' elevation gain with the weighted 20 lb pack.
Saturday, legs were tired all day.
Did 3 hours of yard work and played a round of tennis anyway.
Yesterday, was a lazy bum. Felt great.
Today legs (finally) feel fully recovered. Not sure yet if tonight with be a 2.5 mile walk with pack, or 3 mile run/walk - depends if the wife wants to walk with me or not.
The exercise feels great, and I can tell my legs are getting toned, and feel my stamina increasing. But so far, it isn't doing a thing for my weight or midsection. So working on modifications to the way I eat.
Will see how that goes.

still rowing 3-4 times a week.
tuesday was 5km straight through - took 21:42
wednesday was 1500m intervals x 3 with 1 min rests
friday was 3 minute intervals with 30 second breaks -- did 6 of these.
30 seconds is not much of a break.

Change of plans for tonight ..
Wife wanted a 1-way walk.
So:
2 miles walked with 20lb pack
2 miles ran.
1/4 mile cool down.
All in 1 hour.

Then a 2 mile drive to pick her butt up with the car...

Last edited:
Back