Beckerhead firearms

My current edc.
50332662486_feb78caa5b_o_d.jpg

Working on my next Beckerhead firearm . I picked up an AR back when they were cheap . I put a scope I had on it but it was not working for me . The gun has a rough trigger . I picked up a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot sight. I also did some research and have some parts to work on the trigger. I went to the local indoor range and got it on the paper today . If I can get the trigger creep down think it will be a shooter.
T6w5Sex.jpg

Working on my next Beckerhead firearm . I picked up an AR back when they were cheap . I put a scope I had on it but it was not working for me . The gun has a rough trigger . I picked up a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot sight. I also did some research and have some parts to work on the trigger. I went to the local indoor range and got it on the paper today . If I can get the trigger creep down think it will be a shooter.
View attachment 1493129
do you not find practicing trigger reset helps with keeping creep down?

Last edited:
do

do you not find practicing trigger reset helps with keeping creep down?

I can shoot it effectively . I think it can be vastly improved with just a little bit of work and cost. I am not a big AR fan , but this little rifle is growing on me. I started reading up and found this below after looking at how an AR trigger works I believe it is all I need

I can shoot it effectively . I think it can be vastly improved with just a little bit of work and cost. I am not a big AR fan , but this little rifle is growing on me. I started reading up and found this below after looking at how an AR trigger works I believe it is all I need

Fair enough. If you do buy a new trigger buy one from Geisele, or their budget alternative ALG. They use full-power springs so they manage to never have light primer strikes. Something to consider. A great firearm, probably my favorite of all time. With good trigger reset discipline I've always found the mil-spec triggers just fine. Not exceptional, but just fine. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours more and more as time goes on.

Fair enough. If you do buy a new trigger buy one from Geisele, or their budget alternative ALG. They use full-power springs so they manage to never have light primer strikes. Something to consider. A great firearm, probably my favorite of all time. With good trigger reset discipline I've always found the mil-spec triggers just fine. Not exceptional, but just fine. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours more and more as time goes on.
I really don't think I need a new trigger. I think taking most of the Creep out of it is all it needs . I am not big on lightening springs on a gun that is likely to have surplus ammo used in it. If needed I can always smooth out the sear some too . This is the first red dot sight I have found that I liked combined with the M4 configuration it makes for a handy little rifle I have an Olight Warrior X Pro, mount and pressure switch but after shooting the gun some I think all I will add is a sling

I really don't think I need a new trigger. I think taking most of the Creep out of it is all it needs . I am not big on lightening springs on a gun that is likely to have surplus ammo used in it. If needed I can always smooth out the sear some too . This is the first red dot sight I have found that I liked combined with the M4 configuration it makes for a handy little rifle I have an Olight Warrior X Pro, mount and pressure switch but after shooting the gun some I think all I will add is a sling
That's all you need man, sling, light, optic. Sounds like good stuff.

Back