Beckerhead firearms

Bloodloss Bloodloss

Yes. Prices have gotten pretty crazy. It’s harder and harder for me to justify new toys these days. I bought a Ruger LCR in .38spl for my wife, years ago, for home defense. I’d love to have one in .22lr as well, to get her to the range more often.

I’m still on the fence about the NAA Ranger. I really want to hold one first, but I’ve never seen one on store shelves. Back when I worked weekends at a local store, people used to bring the smaller NAA revolvers in fairly frequently. They seemed very small, fussy, and vulnerable to damage from dry-firing. All I could do was take them apart, clean them, replace the hammer, and instruct people not to dry-fire them. I’d like to think that the Ranger II is more substantial. It reminds me of a S&W model 1 1/2 in .32S&W that I used to have, but I’d really like to get one in hand first, before I commit.

Scales on the BK-11 are Tommy The Who Zebra wood . Yes the Ruger is a 22LR I have shot a few small 380's nothing gets close to my Glock 42 . I traded my NAA revolver in on a 3 screw single six it never impressed me and I wanted something to drop in a pocket for our in the yard . It is picky with ammo but with ammo it like is flawless

If I lived in the country I would just carry a full size pistol on my belt probably a Ruger Wrangler or my single six . But sheeple get nervous at the sight of scary guns the little LCP II rimfire is easy to drop in your pocket and go. It even comes with a pocket holster

If I lived in the country I would just carry a full size pistol on my belt probably a Ruger Wrangler or my single six . But sheeple get nervous at the sight of scary guns the little LCP II rimfire is easy to drop in your pocket and go. It even comes with a pocket holster
Lol. Nice. I admit, I enjoy seeing open-carry revolvers. I’d be terribly uncomfortable open-carrying anything though, with zero military or law enforcement training. I imagine it would be stressful to always maintain that situational awareness, and have constant control over it. I’m not large enough or strong enough to grapple with anyone successfully, if it came to that. (Im about 6’ and 170lbs) I have respect for those that do it though, and endure all the hassle with public perception and whatnot.

Last thing this evening before closing, I walked in on a conversation between a customer (obviously to me a policeman in plain clothes) and my boss. The cop was open carrying, and it had little effect on me at all, except that I noticed him carrying and left it at that. When I was new to gun purchases, I would see store clerks open carrying in the store, and it made me a bit nervous, even though I knew it was irrational.
We used to be legal to open carry in this state, but not now. Personally, I would not open carry anywhere in public, but at home I do sometimes.

Lol. Nice. I admit, I enjoy seeing open-carry revolvers. I’d be terribly uncomfortable open-carrying anything though, with zero military or law enforcement training. I imagine it would be stressful to always maintain that situational awareness, and have constant control over it. I’m not large enough or strong enough to grapple with anyone successfully, if it came to that. (Im about 6’ and 170lbs) I have respect for those that do it though, and endure all the hassle with public perception and whatnot.
I’ve never open carried any of my guns. In Connecticut, most people here are afraid of them it seems like. I usually carry a .357. I’m a big guy at 6’2 and 220 lbs, and can hide the gun quite well even in the summer.

I’ve never open carried any of my guns. In Connecticut, most people here are afraid of them it seems like. I usually carry a .357. I’m a big guy at 6’2 and 220 lbs, and can hide the gun quite well even in the summer.
Lol. Yup. I grew up in Eastern WA, then settled in Western WA. They might as well be two different states. Eastern WA is, in a lot of ways, more like an extension of Idaho. I like them both for different reasons…

Lol. Yup. I grew up in Eastern WA, then settled in Western WA. They might as well be two different states. Eastern WA is, in a lot of ways, more like an extension of Idaho. I like them both for different reasons…
What part of Western Wa?
I’m just a tad South of Olympia.

What part of Western Wa?
I’m just a tad South of Olympia.
A little north of Bellingham.

Olympia is real nice! I’ve visited the capitol a few times over the years. Seattle is such a nasty bottleneck though. That whole 405/5/90 junction has become such a mess…

Last edited:
Cool. I’ve actually never been that far North.
And yeah, I agree. Seattle sucks to try and drive through. Last time I drove through it looked so dirty…
I still make it up for Seahawks and M’s games though!

My wife’s home defense kit. She has used that knife to open so many Amazon packages…

aVUZOE9.jpg

An unfortunate, future side effect of the ever increasing gun control restrictions on law abiding citizens, is going to be in states that can open carry first. You will end up having nut jobs trying to take guns from law abiding citizens, if they see it.

I am kind of a fan of concealed carry. It serves a few purposes. First, it keeps the nut jobs from knowing you have a gun. Which reduces the possibility of said nut job trying to take it from you. Second, it keeps kids from yelling "look mom, he has a gun" and said mom from freaking out....even thought you are 100% legal and doing nothing wrong.

We have a nut job in our tiny little rural town. He has never been in the Military, yet wears a complete military uniform, in camo, every day. He is not homeless, never showers, & wears long sleeved bdu shirt, pants & M65 field jacket with winter liner, even when it is 90°F plus. Everything buttoned up and zipped up. Some days he is just fine, we have had a few great conversations. Other times he threatens to kill people. Every law enforcement agency knows him, yet he continues to threaten peoples lives with impunity. Nothing ever happens to him even though people file complaints. I hope that he never hurts anyone. But if he did, it would not surprise anyone. I cross the street to avoid him all together since he threatened me. He is what I call, a tic, tic, BOOM individual. You can see it coming but nobody knows when the BOOM is going to happen. I can only imagine what he would think if he saw a person with a holstered weapon on their hip. His paranoia might make him think you were coming after him. I also worked for 28 years as a LEO, and closely with the mental health department.

I wish all the current craziness would just stop but that ain't gonna happen. 25 years ago, my daughter had to write and give an oral essay, on whatever she wanted. I am bigtime pro 2A. She was in 6th grade. She chose the 2A. Her teacher sent a note home with her saying "Your daughter has chosen the 2nd Amendment for her oral essay, I warned your daughter that I am bigtime against the 2nd Amendment and that maybe she should reconsider her choice. " I talked to my daughter about this. She said she still wanted to do it.

She completed her writing part, and asked me to help her answer questions that other students and her teacher might ask. So I did help her. And went to school with her that day. She read her written report. Then the questions began. She was handling it like a champ. Then the teacher started in like she was purposely trying to trip her up & get her tongue twisted. Her final question was "give me 1 good reason why anyone should own a gun ?"

Daughter's response was " first of all, the 2nd Amendment gives its citizens the right to bear arms and secondly, I might not be here today giving my written & oral essay if it wasn't for my Dad carrying a gun, legally, when someone tried to bash his brains in with a steel pipe. "

Teacher ended up giving her an A & said that the 2 of us changed her mind about the 2nd Amendment. I told her that's great, because a gun is what can enable a 90 lb woman to defend herself from a 300 lb man that is trying to do her harm. It's just a tool in the end. But it's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it.

Bill Siegle Bill Siegle I really like that Mountain Gun a lot. I have an 8 shot ,357 configured the same and it’s a joy to shoot.View attachment 1852632
That eight-shot is a monster.

I don’t remember how old I was, but one of the first firearms I carried up on the farm as a child was a little nine-shot Sentinal .22lr. It seemed so loud. I remember taking a link off the hammer spring because I had a hard time cocking it.

Whoa cool!

I did enjoy it, but I never did anything useful with it, and I was a lousy shot. No idea where it is now. Possibly a new generation of cousins and nephews are learning on it.

I had to send my Ruger LCP II rimfire back to the factory because it had reliable issues. Ruger was great about taking care of the issue and it's home and feeds reliably now. They sent me a silicone cloth back with it . Being on call I can't go far . So I have my handguns out giving them the once over and wiping them down I never planned it , but every rimfire is a Ruger and every center fire is a Glock . Then there's an old TC Patriot in 45

Back