Beckerhead firearms

I’ve wanted a CZ Redhead for about twenty years. My hometown gun store had a little Redhead Deluxe in .410ga that sat unsold for moths. Really gorgeous walnut. I handled it more than I should have. Finally pulled the trigger on a Premier .20ga a few years ago and it’s just been ridiculously fun. I feel as though I’ve really bonded with it in a way that doesn’t make sense.

O2TluO4.jpg

I’ve only put about 1000rds through it so far. I had trouble making clean breaks with the factory chokes, and it was a night-and-day difference when I finally tried extended aftermarket ones. Made in Turkey by Huglu. 28” barrels. Not the best at anything, just super fun for the price point.

Last edited:
View attachment 1866372A friend of mine wanted a shotgun and I found him this one. Its a Tokarev 12 gauge. Walnut furniture a corosion resistant Marine finish. Rifle sights. 4 choke tubes. Sling mounts. Under $300!

Basically the equivalent of a Remington 870 Marine for 1/3 the price.

Anyone have any experience with Tokarev shotguns?

the Girsan (EAA) Hi-Power is pretty nice.
the under $500 price tag is a bonus.
fresh out of the box, only had one FTF using light reloads -- and that was because it didn't go all the way into battery.
trigger felt heavy out of the box when empty, but didn't notice when actually shooting.
the one I was shooting seemed like it wanted to ride high at 15 yards -- need to spend some time with it using factory ammo and an actual target like object instead of just a gong.
sorry, no pics.

The Tokarev shotgun was flawless at the range. If you want a versatile inexpensive tricked out pump shotgun. I highly recommend this one.
I’ve been browsing gunbroker for several days, looking at old basket-case Stevens and Winchester to turn into a trench gun clone. I finally just realized it was your Tokarev that made me want one. Can’t beat that price…

NWFRS NWFRS You can order a mag extension and bayonet lug. Its a sweet handling trench gun.

I have a Model 12 in 16ga. It is fun being able to slam fire it!

NWFRS NWFRS You can order a mag extension and bayonet lug. Its a sweet handling trench gun.

I have a Model 12 in 16ga. It is fun being able to slam fire it!
Oh that’s neat. Those perforated heat shields are just such a cool visual thing.

I absolutely love my model 12. Never tried slam-firing it though!

Had an old Union Arms model 24(?) pump shotgun years ago. I was never so tempted to chop something down and ruin it to build a clone. A clone of what…I don’t know exactly. It just looked the part. In the end I just cleaned it up and sold it.

I fired the 527 carbine for the first time today!

Brought the .223 as well, but only shot the 7.62x39 carbine, since that’s what my buddy has. We sat down for about two hours and tried five different types of ammo. My carbine mounts a Leupold FX-II 2.5x20 Ultralight, and my buddy has a Leupold FX-II 4x33 on his. We shot Wolf, GoldenTiger, BrownBear, Sellier&Bellot, and Federal PowerShok. All our five-shot groups ranged from about 2” to 4” at 100 yards once we got them dialed. Mine tended toward the 4” side of that spectrum with the 2.5x scope. My worst groups were shot with Wolf. I only managed one 2” group with the brass-cased Sellier&Bellot, but that ammo consistently performed better for me, and also seemed to fit the chamber tighter, as there was more resistance on closing.

RZrIy5Y.jpg

Overall was really happy with how things went. I typically shoot about 4” groups with 3x and 4x optics on semi-auto rifles, so I was pleasantly surprised by some of the smaller groups. Feeding and ejection went fine with both rifles. Neither of us used our “set” trigger function. I’ve fussed with all my triggers to make them as nice as possible. His was nearly as good right out of the box. Kind of embarrassed that it’s taken me so long to get these to the range. They were both NOS unfired/used examples. It took me a year to hunt them down, and I assembled them with optics about three years ago.

The question is; What do you get when you mix baitfish, a Glock and Hawaiian Marlin?
??
The answer; New Years dinner.

Thou shalt not touch thy trigger in vain. Thou shalt consider all weapons to be loaded. Thou shalt not muzzle flag thyself, thy neighbor, nor any other, nor anything not posing a mortal threat. Thou shalt know thy target and what layeth beyond.

The book of weapons, chapter one, verses 1 through 4.

Went over to a coworker to rod a drain. I was securing my K400 when I got back to the drivers door there was 3 boxes of 9mm in my seat . after paying me more than I wanted

Not a "Becker head" but I do love my Beckers. And my firearms. Obligatory list...in order!

Bear Creek 223 Wylde. Cheap ($350). With inexpensive accessories because I wanted the cheapest I could go and see how reliable it would be. So far so good!

Started as a Bear Creek/PSA. 556 bca barrel and bolt carrier group, aero slick side upper, psa handguard. Have since changed the foregrip, but the rest is as is I think.

Sig M18 with straight trigger and WC grip.

Arex Delta Gen 2 L with a 507k.

Beretta APX A1.

87uqrSK.jpeg

sH0ba75.jpeg

hIJFn8h.jpeg

YXZ35Jg.jpeg

VrEtXy3.jpeg

Back