IMG_20200708_193603-small.jpg

IMG_20200708_195212-small.jpg

"Get to the choppah!!"
IMG_20200708_205130-small.jpg

IMG_20200708_205157-small.jpg

IMG_20200708_205531-small.jpg

IMG_20200708_203518-small.jpg
That’s too cool! :D

Some impressive work, gentlefolks. Happy I didn't have to look farther than the second page to find this thread...I haven't visited in a while.

My latest traditional style puukko: 125mm Puronvarsi blade shortened to 115mm, removed the brut de forge, slight reprofiling of the belly, polished to 800x then gray Scotch-Brite satin finish. Nickel silver bolster and end cap on a cocobolo handle polished to 1200x and linseed oil finish. The cocobolo will darken over the next few days to an even golden reddish brown.

My latest traditional style puukko: 125mm Puronvarsi blade shortened to 115mm, removed the brut de forge, slight reprofiling of the belly, polished to 800x then gray Scotch-Brite satin finish. Nickel silver bolster and end cap on a cocobolo handle polished to 1200x and linseed oil finish. The cocobolo will darken over the next few days to an even golden reddish brown.

Super Classy... Wow

Beautiful. What do you do with all these nice knives you make, if you don't sell them?

Super Classy... Wow
hawkhead hawkhead another amazing beauty.
Beautiful. What do you do with all these nice knives you make, if you don't sell them?
Thank you fellow Beckerheads for your comments. A few were given as gifts to nephews, my Pastor has two, my best buddy has two and my wife has two. That still leaves me with many. I do use some for carving other knife handles and general chores. I will be exhibiting Nordic style knives to the local Scouts and giving a short talk on knifemaking. Since retiring eight years ago, I am very content making Nordic style knives and the puukko has become my favorite.

"There it is!" :cool:

Sick man, sick. :thumbsup:

Back