Beckerhead's Other Choppers

Thank you, 91bravo 91bravo ...
pC1KNBt.jpg

T8pgvyO.jpg

This blade is a beast! :D

I think allot of traditional parangs have a large unsharpened section like that.

Very cool knifejunkie1928 knifejunkie1928 , is that the one tha was on the bay? Nice score.

Yes it is. Started out listed for 900, months later the seller worked it down to 450. I'm not usually one for pricey choppers but I do own a good stash of TM Hunts. That's about as boutique as I get now.

I think it looks ferocious! Probably chops hard. :thumbsup:

Fair enough. I hope it gets to you swiftly. :)

My Latest arrived on Friday... With all the storms we had, I had lots of branches to chop... Unfortunately I have concerns about the handle... I made a thread in the General discussions, but I'm not sure if linking other threads is bad etiquette here? ... I did post it next to my daughter's BK62, so maybe it would be an acceptable "loophole" hahah.

wow.
if you need help reshaping the handle, let me know - I can either do the reshape you're thinking of or send you some thicker micarta so you can make new scales with a palm swell once you're done grinding.

Awe man you're the Best, thank you!
I'm pretty handy, but I know I'll need advice. :D

For instance... Do ya think I could epoxy slabs on the sides then grind/blend them in?

Or do I have to start fresh?

I appreciate your offer though, thanks!

I'd be tempted to leave the stock scales on it while grinding - just remember to dunk in a bucket of water frequently.

also - I like to use 1/4" luan plywood (or paint stirring sticks for a 5 gallon bucket) to make a mockup knife and handle -- that way you know what feels good before you start grinding steel.
has saved me from taking too much off a time or 2.

My Latest arrived on Friday... With all the storms we had, I had lots of branches to chop... Unfortunately I have concerns about the handle... I made a thread in the General discussions, but I'm not sure if linking other threads is bad etiquette here? ... I did post it next to my daughter's BK62, so maybe it would be an acceptable "loophole" hahah.
Mod it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was debating on buying this knife, or the 20 that was for sale here a number of weeks ago? Ugh!
Days before my knife arrived I was thinking about it... And in my head I was saying that this was probably going to be the first knife that I'm going to leave alone....

Now I'm thinking of grinding the handle like Crazy!

Back