Beckerhead's Other Choppers

Oh do tell!

It's called the Lamb Splitter, it's patterned after an old butcher knife. It's made by Mineral Mountain Hatchet Works. American made. Big 12" blade, .250" steel (although I haven't measured it yet) thick convex ground, like an axe.

I wrote a post in the General area about the knife/company, as I had an initial concern about the handle... I talked about it there.....

That log was the biggest, meanest log in the pile... It was basically all knots and limbs.
I'm not going to say it was easy getting through, but it got through. I beat the Snot out of that blade, and quartered the log.....

I'm confused about the knife handle now?
It's very uncomfortable just holding the knife, drinking beers, and watching TV.
but it was Wonderful, battening through the log from Hell... No stinging or vibrating!
I am going to hold off modifying it, and use it More before doing anything. It's going to be a learning experience.

I actually plan on doing an actual review of this blade, as there is very little of MMHW on Bladefourms, I'm not sure why?

Last edited:
Their “The Reaper” is speaking to me. Lol

I originally was going That route... But I like the shape of the lamb splitter's blade tip better, and I wanted something I could take car camping without the police being called.... haha.
And Damn, I can't even imagine how heavy it feels?

You know how everyone is surprise how agile, and light feeling the bigger Becker's are?

This Ain't it... The Lamb Splitter is a Huge, Heavy Slab! there are no horizontal slashes, until I hit the gym more!

I use the discontinued Ontario SP-51 and said to be discontinued SP-53. Good heavy choppers, SP-51 for extended woodsy expeditions as straight edge easier to sharp, paired with my BK9 or my Ontario 420H SS woodsman (for food prep mostly due to the SS blade). I always take a dedicated chopper and a large multi-tool blade when I can.

I use the discontinued Ontario SP-51 and said to be discontinued SP-53. Good heavy choppers, SP-51 for extended woodsy expeditions as straight edge easier to sharp, paired with my BK9 or my Ontario 420H SS woodsman (for food prep mostly due to the SS blade). I always take a dedicated chopper and a large multi-tool blade when I can.
My 53 and 9 are favorites of mine too. It seems we have some similar tastes in blades. looked up getting an sp-51 after i saw you raving about it months ago, not knowing it was discontinued. What else rounds out the top of your list?

1k2Y7g3_d.jpg

Back