Benchmade cuts up guns now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m the first three always and becoming the last rather quickly. I was hoping Benchmade would show up and explain everything and make me feel better but apparently they have no explanation....

remember it's only dad's kid when it comes to paying child support

my stance is...if you allow abortion then you should also allow financial abortion to allow men to "opt-out" of parenthood

The problem with all this talk is that people are never consistent when it comes to boycotting companies due to political contributions. I don't care if you are a lib avoiding Chic-fil-a or a GOPer who refuses to shop at Target.

I am guessing a lot of you are sending messages either from your macs or iphones. Hate to tell you, but 91% of Apple's contributions go to Dems. Oh wait, you are on a PC... well hate to tell you, but Microsoft also favors the liberals and is one of their biggest corporate supporters. Using an Android? Yup, you guessed it -- Google is a big contributor to the Democrats.

Do what you want, but I care a lot more about the quality of product a company can produce and its level of customer service than I do on how the profits are spent.

Broadly I agree with this, but I can also see the point for companies who are actually involved in the field. You should be able to expect knife companies to support pro-knife rights bills, and gun companies to support pro-gun rights bills.

I'm willing to buy products and services from companies that support things I disagree with otherwise, up until they start actively campaigning against me. As a conservative, it would be essentially impossible to only buy products and services from companies that are conservative. Liberals don't have this problem, unfortunately.

This....
As a Canadian I just wanted to point out that here in Canada the Government went after guns restricting them severely. Now they are after our knives and ironically now I can't easily purchase most of what Benchmade offers. If it happened here it will happen in America! If they take the guns, they will eventually go after the knives.

Wake up Benchmade your an Arms Manufacture and you're funding the rope in which they will hang you.

Knives are just as grey.

I can use your exact same arguments to limit blade length and assisted opening knives. If you truly think that Dems won't try to regulate knives after killing guns by "death by a thousand cuts" then I have nothing to say to you.
I am not a fan of all or nothing politics. I think we all would do better to acknowledge a bit of nuance. One can be in favor of universal background checks while also fighting to legalize autos and balis.

I am not a fan of all or nothing politics. I think we all would do better to acknowledge a bit of nuance. One can be in favor of universal background checks while also fighting to legalize autos and balis.
We have had Federal background checks for many years now and every single one of the shooters the media parades across your TV PASSED it. And background checks can and have been used as a weapon on legitimate gun dealers and customers, I have seen it done. It is none of the Government's business what I possess or why I "need" it. Nowhere in the Constitution does it require you to prove why you "need" a semi automatic firearm or a short barreled shotgun. Or a Ferrari or a Lear jet or a swimming pool. The 2nd Am. ain't about hunting.

This Benchmade barely scratched these let alone cut them up. Does Benchmade make a grinder?

E025EDAF-FE3B-464E-BB4C-D456E319924B.jpeg

Hugely disappointed in Benchmades political stance.

Oh and to the dude mylest who said ARs are not for citizens and overkill for hunting or self defense...

I don’t think we would get along at dinner parties.

For the vast majority of Americans, when we talk about "arms" we recognize that we are talking about a very large gradient and we all eventually fall somewhere on it. (Apologies in advance for a bit of hyperbole here). Those "arms" range from 2" pen knives to nuclear weapons. In general, people tend to draw the line somewhere involving bullets. Some are cool with the current limitations on fully automatic machine guns, others would like that repealed. Others look at magazine capacity while the opposite camps sees that as gross infringement. Some would be cool with much larger "arms" like explosives and RPGs being legalized, while a majority of Americans think that is ludicrous. I am guessing that most of us here have no problem with almost any knife we can think of as an "arm" while others freak out about silly stuff like balisongs. I think limiting knives in places like schools makes sense, others think that makes us a nanny state.

My point is that if you look at the broad definition of arms as you are suggesting we do, then there is usually a line somewhere that we can conceded. If you are a fully fledge 2A to limit means whatever weapon you can get your hands on, I am curious if your view would change if a muslim immigrant from Syria wanted to own an RPG.

Point is, guns have never been a black and white issue. It has always been grey. We aren't argueing pro or anti weapons, we are just debating on where we draw that line.
But a Muslim immigrant should be able to rent a 24 ft. box truck, right? After all, it's just a completely harmless truck. So where would you like to draw that line or who would want to draw it for you?

We have had Federal background checks for many years now and every single one of the shooters the media parades across your TV PASSED it. And background checks can and have been used as a weapon on legitimate gun dealers and customers, I have seen it done. It is none of the Government's business what I possess or why I "need" it. Nowhere in the Constitution does it require you to prove why you "need" a semi automatic firearm or a short barreled shotgun. Or a Ferrari or a Lear jet or a swimming pool. The 2nd Am. ain't about hunting.

Your missing my point... I am advocating nuance. You don't have to agree with where I draw the line, but let's not provide it is an all or nothing discussion.

The Heller decision, which was a watershed moment for gun rights also clearly states that certain limitations can exist and still be constitutionally correct.

This black and white political bickering is useless.

Tobacco kills more people than anything else. Period... no plans on outlawing it. To much money in it.
Sorry tobacco users no offense just using example!

I ain't mad, but they won't be getting anymore of my money. Plenty of other companies out there which I would rather support.

Not sure yet, but think I'll cut up the ones I have. Need to keep the world safe an all.

Too many guns down there! :p:D
You are here in spirit!
You would leave America? Over what?
North korea has room, I'll chip in to help fund his one way trip since america is terrible. People like him need to experience how bad other countries are in order to appreciate what we have, I deployed and seen what other countries live like. America is amazing and those who don't like it can get citizenship elsewhere.

The willfully blind Left continue to throw out the trope that guns are for hunting. Then they continue the false completely unfounded and absurd logic that a militia is some kind of government entity. What escapes them is one cannot selectively choose a position that promotes the idea that 9 of 10 of the first Amendments to the Constitution known as the Bill of Rights are individual rights yet the one they abhor is somehow a collective right. It is twisted logic to an absurd extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back