Benchmade cuts up guns now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hg1aLmh.png

While anything is possible to my understanding Canada has no bill of rights which guarantees it. The NRA is also an insanely strong lobbyist here in the states. Hell there is also a Liberal Gun Club that advocates the rights of gun owners.

True, but things can quickly escalate. For example Britain had some pretty relaxed gun laws but that started to change in 1988, and the laws kept getting stricter and stricter. Then in 2006 they passed the Violent Crime Reduction Act which makes it an offense to import,manufacture, or sell realistic firearms. (Airguns) which means if you get caught with one you can go to jail for a year. Now in England since they have trashed gun ownership they are now trashing knife ownership by trying to restrict anything but slip joints.

This is why I think it's important for Americans to support people like Doug Ritter and knife rights and all the amazing work he does. Everyone who now is enjoying a Auto in their home state seriously needs to send the man a few bucks.

I get what you're saying, but isn't it a bit disingenuous?
How so?
All this feigned outrage but zero actual action? Lots of “I was gonna but now I swear I’m not” or “this will be the last one ever” lol.

It’s all theatre.

The truth is, if it was any other topic than guns, and anything remotely liberal, an OP would be SKEWERED here.

If I said I refuse to eat ChiK Fil A because I disagreed with the politics of the owner I’d be laughed and or insulted out of the forum by conservatives.
Truth is I don’t agree with their politics, but I ate it twice today cause I’m on the road, it’s delicious, and I’m not a child.

Lots of threats and end of the world commentary here, little to no actual follow through.

“It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

Eh, guns get destroyed all the time. Hell if someone came up to me and said "We're chopping up a bunch of rifles, you want in?" I would. Not because ErMaHgAw I hate guns n 2nd amendment but because why not? Not my firearms or money. Maybe I could take the remnants and see if the freaking armorer thinks it's clean yet.

How so?
All this feigned outrage but zero actual action? Lots of “I was gonna but now I swear I’m not” or “this will be the last one ever” lol.

It’s all theatre.

The truth is, if it was any other topic than guns, and anything remotely liberal, an OP would be SKEWERED here.

If I said I refuse to eat ChiK Fil A because I disagreed with the politics of the owner I’d be laughed and or insulted out of the forum by conservatives.
Truth is I don’t agree with their politics, but I ate it twice today cause I’m on the road, it’s delicious, and I’m not a child.

Lots of threats and end of the world commentary here, little to no actual follow through.

I meant that it might not be reasonable to destroy or sell an item for a loss that one already owns. I can't really speak to how others might react to where you choose to eat chicken.

How so?

It’s all theatre.

Might mean nothing to you as you don't know me, but I have cancelled my plans to purchase a new 698 at the end of this month due to what I've read about today. If you don't stick up for your values then you don't value yourself.

I meant that it might not be reasonable to destroy or sell an item for a loss that one already owns. I can't really speak to how others might react to where you choose to eat chicken.
Everyone boycotts or protests in their own way. I'm not sure why you have to prove you're against Benchmade's decisions by destroying or selling for pennies on the dollar knives you've already paid for.

It's easy enough to not purchase any future knives from them.

Everyone boycotts or protests in their own way. I'm not sure why you have to prove you're against Benchmade's decisions by destroying or selling for pennies on the dollar knives you've already paid for.

It's easy enough to not purchase any future knives from them.

It's attention-seeking, faux-outrage behavior seen from people on all sides and walk of life these days. It's what happens when you give someone a keyboard and the ability to communicate with many, many connected people. Everyone is their own social media celebrity.

Meanwhile, the world still turns...

As a Canadian I just wanted to point out that here in Canada the Government went after guns restricting them severely. Now they are after our knives and ironically now I can't easily purchase most of what Benchmade offers. If it happened here it will happen in America! If they take the guns, they will eventually go after the knives.

Wake up Benchmade your an Arms Manufacture and you're funding the rope in which they will hang you.

/\ THIS RIGHT HERE! In spades! Second Amendment = ARMS

When did the second amendment equate to "guns are holy"? Comparing the destruction of firearms, which the police were going to do regardless, to the Holocaust shows your capacity for reason.

Seems to be a common way of thinking unfortunately. A firearm is merely a tool.

Regardless of whether firearms, or any arms, are tools, their possession is an individual right protected by the Bill of Rights as the first ten Amendments to the Constitution of the United States. It is illogical to accept nine of the ten as individual rights and claim only the Second is a collective right. For that is the Left's prevalent argument.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But not to his own facts." --- James Schlesinger

Last edited:
I hear a lot of people saying they will never buy from Benchmade again. That will certainly affect their business. But, if you really want to make a statement, you need to get others to not buy as well. One of the best ways to do that is to offer a person who would buy a Benchmade a crazy good deal on a used one so their money goes to you instead of the company.

I have a pretty neutral opinion on this debate, and thus am willing to help support your cause by buying your fire sale Benchmades.

In particular, I am looking for:
  • 707 Sequel
  • Sheepsfoot mini-grip (ideally blue)
  • Bugout
  • Valet
  • 51 bali
  • Any 940 series
Glad to do my part in supporting your outrage! ;-)

I hear a lot of people saying they will never buy from Benchmade again. That will certainly affect their business. But, if you really want to make a statement, you need to get others to not buy as well. One of the best ways to do that is to offer a person who would buy a Benchmade a crazy good deal on a used one so their money goes to you instead of the company.

I have a pretty neutral opinion on this debate, and thus am willing to help support your cause by buying your fire sale Benchmades.

In particular, I am looking for:
  • 707 Sequel
  • Sheepsfoot mini-grip (ideally blue)
  • Bugout
  • Valet
  • 51 bali
  • Any 940 series
Glad to do my part in supporting your outrage! ;-)

Another unapologetic opportunist jumps into the fray. Seems more like looting than fair trade. Got any ignorant widows to fleece?

Another unapologetic opportunist jumps into the fray. Seems more like looting than fair trade. Got any ignorant widows to fleece?

Or perhaps another person commenting on how ridiculous it is to destroy a product you have already paid for. Take the gentleman above who ground down his 940. Sure, that makes for good protest theater, but it doesn't actually make any difference to benchmade's bottom line. If he sold it, that is a new sale that Benchmade wouldn't have received.

My comment was mostly tongue in cheek. Sorry you missed the sarcasm (I thought the winky face would help). That being said, your comment doesn't make any sense. How does offering to buy a knife constitute anything other than fair(and free) trade? Looting implies a lack of agency. The only way it would be taking advantage of someone is if you think that these people protesting Benchmade are so blinded by anger that they are making grossly irrational decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back