Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

uIuN661.jpg

TD34B7e

Just got in on a Liam Hoffman Craft Carver! Man, I'm having a good week. First a Dek1 and now this!!!

I will post pics when it arrives but it will be a while. I am not sure if a 10 month lead time means it will be shipped in 10 months or it starts getting forged in 10 months......... Either way I'm pretty pumped!

Congratulations! Liam does really nice work. I waited a little over two years for my Farm Axe. I got that order in just before he closed his books for awhile to catch up. It was worth the wait.:thumbsup::)
06PcaY4.jpg

Late last summer, my wife invited a coworker friend and her family over for dinner to get to know them better. It was a nice evening with good conversation and laughs while prepared and enjoyed the food. The highlight of the event for their three kids (Gus 10, Charlotte 9 & June 4) was picking multiple large bags of lemons from the trees in our backyard so they could live out their dream of being big-time lemonade stand vendors.

We enjoyed another get together at their house weeks later where we came bearing bags of lemons for the kids. They appreciated that, but it was not the same as picking their own. My wife told me in the months following that she heard the kids were frequently requesting a repeat visit to pick more lemons in person. We finally scheduled a date last week to make that happen.

When they arrived, Gus presented me with surprise gifts of a folding knife and spear he hand made for me. Very thoughtful and cool! Apparently he picked up on the fact that I like nice knives on our previous visits.

While these custom tools may not be as refined as Lorien Lorien and @Nathan the Machinist ‘s masterpieces like the Field Knife or the upcoming DEK1 we are all waiting for, Gus did accomplish something those masters have not by going from design concept, to “white board”, to finished production in only a week. :p:D Pretty impressive young man! :thumbsup:

I think we may have a next generation CPK fan in the making. :)

Phil

I really like this 4” AEBL Kwaiken from Phillip Patton. It’s got a wicked hollow grind, and it rides real nice cross draw with a mini Tek-Lok. It’s probably the only 4” AEBL tactical EDC I’ll have, unless I can secure the aide of a fast proxy.:D
LWx49Or.jpg

ROVBcr1.jpg

Back