1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Best car chases of all time

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by DaveH, May 15, 2007.

1. m_calingo

m_calingo

Oct 13, 2003
    I'll go with Bullitt, also. I never saw that on the big screen, but it was still a "hold on to your seat" experience, even when watching it on tv.

Another one I'll go with is The Road Warrior. Hell, half of that film was a chase scene!

2. Anjin

Anjin

Mar 30, 2007
    One of my good friends here in Japan is a former California CHIPS motorcycle officer. He says he was once chasing in the lead of full pursuit of a bad guy and got shot off his cycle by a shotgun blast to the chest. He had armor, but the other pursuers were totally impressed by his gettin blown off his cycle. Beats anything I ever saw on TV. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

3. Bruise Lee

Bruise Lee

Aug 4, 2002
    Ya, that was Man With The Golden Gun. The only cool car chase in history to feature two American Motors cars.

My vote goes to Bullit, too. Two awesome cars, great location, great sound effects, great Lalo Schiffrin soundtrack, and a real movie star instead of the nephew of some some famous director.

BTW, my mother actually spotted Steve McQueen just north of San Francisco Chinatown during a break in the filming throwing a football around with some local kids. He was nice enough to sign an autograph for her, and gave her a poster for LeMans, another one of his films.

4. SIFU1A

SIFU1A

May 12, 2001
    ya guys have mentioned lotsa good chases but the best one is in "to live and die in LA".

5. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Bullitt is the RW Loveless of car chases. There have been better ones made since, but NONE so groundbreaking and inspirational for it's era.

That's why it is the classic choice and will always be. :thumbup:

Coop

6. cutter17

cutter17

May 16, 2006
    I'm surprised Vanishing Point has only one mention, so I'll give it a second!:thumbup:

7. never too sharp

never too sharp

Mar 7, 2007
    I was just going to say Ronin. Not the beast movie, but a wicked long car chase, with all those noisy, whiney European cars.

I think Bullit takes it. Sweet cars flying around the hills of San Fran. Too bad they didn't hit any um... locals.

8. 555

Feb 5, 2007
    i know it's not a movie, but should be.
    the OJ freeway chase, my family laughed and watched the whole thing.
    just the funniest car chase to date that i have seen.

9. The end of the chase scene in the Seven Ups was neat.

10. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    Thanks. It was The Man With the Golden Gun. Here's a brief from Wikipedia:

-bob

11. 555

Feb 5, 2007
    for movie chase seen, i like the one in The Rock.

12. SilverFoxKnows

SilverFoxKnows

Sep 25, 2002
    I'll second the Road Warrior. Crazy stunts in the last half hour.

Frank

13. SilverFoxKnows

SilverFoxKnows

Sep 25, 2002
    Agreed. The whole movie was intense but that one scene really startled me. Laughing and joking...whoa, that's a mob...oh, sh!+...BANG...OH, SH!+

Frank

14. perdicea

perdicea

Jul 15, 2005
    What about the original Gone in 60 seconds and the remake?

15. 555

Feb 5, 2007
    how about the PA state police catching gov. Rendell's car for speeding.
    i do that people here in PA still get a laugh out of it.

16. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    I didn't see the original, but the remake was terrible and all of the car chases looked phony.

-Bob

17. s.c.

s.c.

Mar 2, 2003
    Have you seen Bullitt? If you haven't and you enjoyed The Rock, you must watch it to realize Bullitt's impact, as well as how unoriginal the chase in The Rock was.

18. SIFU1A

SIFU1A

May 12, 2001
    imho to live and die is every bit the equal of bullit in car chases.......has anyone seen it??

19. barny

barny

Jan 27, 2007
    The whole movie was a car chase, Smokey and the Bandit.

20. stjames

stjames Sebenzanista

Oct 26, 1998
    The Mini-Cooper scene in The Bourne Identity through the streets of Paris is worth mentioning as well.