Best car chases of all time

I'm really partial to what some would call "anti-chase" in Way of the Gun. By far the most original chase I'd seen at that point, probably since as well.

OK, those are all good, but, for me the best is... The King of New York !

For the lead up to, and the chase and the end of it.
"Where the chicken at?" ;)

Two not mentioned yet are Two Lane Blacktop and The Getaway In Stockholm series (1 thru 7). There sure are a lot of classic movies already listed.

If you get a chance check out the chase scene in "The 7-Ups" with Roy Scheider through New York.

Bullit, my favorite.

WWG

The first Raiders of the lost ark movie, Indy against the Nazi's.

A small town in Texas, very good, maybe 1975 era.

Although a lot of people discard the Blues Brothers final chase, all of the chase scenes are incredibly well done. The last one, although it seems odd now, was all done real time and with guys still climbing out of the cop cars and shooting down the street while OTHER cop cars are still slamming in to the pile up.

The Chase scene in Raising Arizona... "Son, you have a panty on your head!"

The Marseilles contract, with Michael Caine, Crappy movie, but a car chase down the side of the alps with switch backs and some killer driving.

The "driver series" by BMW, the segment with Madonna is pretty darn good.

How about car chasing motorcycle? Terminator 2 had a good scene and aswell Mad max, the whole movie was sort fo a chase.

1. Bullit
2. Ronin
3. The Transporter
4. Smoky & The Bandit
5. ...any movie where one of the characters looks at a wreck of a car and says with a straight face: "That'll buff right out."

Bullit. BUT, the best chase/race scenes ever were in Grand-Prix. Real race cars,at the real courses and at full Formula I speeds.

Back