Best car chases of all time

What about the original Gone in 60 seconds and the remake?

Haha that was one crazy long chase. Fake but entertaining as hell. Like a hour forty min long movie and the last forty minutes was one long chase. That scene at the dealership was nasty. So many cars ruined.

The BMW promo movie with Clive Owen as the driver and five different directors each doing a mini movie in it, worth a watch.

Lots of great ones mentioned!

Bullitt

To Live and Die in LA

How about the Mini's in the Italian Job (recent version)?

Glenn

Similar to the 350Z Prague promo, "Rendezvoux" shot in 70s, directed by Claude LeLouche ("A Man and a Woman"). Lelouche (perhaps) drives the Ferrari through the early morning streets, camera mounted on the front bumper, the only sound is the lovely engine of the 275 GTB and tire screech. Only 9 minutes long, but I can watch it over and over.

www.spiritlevelfilm.com

I believe they were supposed to be in Thailand or some other SEAsian country in that scene. I wanna say the movie was The Man With the Golden Gun.

Yeah, that's the movie. Bond was chasing Scaramanga. Best Bond movie, imo, and best car chase in a movie. Plus, you had Sherrif J. W. Pepper, Louisiana State Police riding shotgun!

Car chases in new movies suck. Front wheel drive and special effects are the suck.

I love Vanishing point, another vote it! And while it's not a chase, I have to admit to loving Gumball Rally too.

Similar to the 350Z Prague promo, "Rendezvoux" shot in 70s, directed by Claude LeLouche ("A Man and a Woman"). Lelouche (perhaps) drives the Ferrari through the early morning streets, camera mounted on the front bumper, the only sound is the lovely engine of the 275 GTB and tire screech. Only 9 minutes long, but I can watch it over and over.

www.spiritlevelfilm.com

It wasn't a 275GTB, they dubbed that in later (Claude chose his 450SEL 6.9 to be the camera car)

Vanishing Point, Bullit and the original Gone in 60 seconds.

BTW, if you like these movies, don't miss death proof (grindhouse). Nice homage, but not too serious. Cracked me up.

What? Nothing mentioned, but CHiPs can compare to the car chases of Bo and Luke Duke!

oops this isn't W&C.

I going to have to see Bullit.

It wasn't a 275GTB, they dubbed that in later (Claude chose his 450SEL 6.9 to be the camera car)
GarageBoy -

Never mind. I spent 5 minutes googling Wikipedia on it. Sorry, next time I'll do due diligence before posting (mis)information!

Buz

The next time you see BULLITT count the hubcaps coming off the Dodge Charger. That car had 6 hubcaps. And notice the green VW Bug that he passes and then passes again a few seconds and several jumps later.

The absolute best chase scene is in RONIN. Where a Peugeot is chasing a BMW M5. The chase it throughout Paris, and feature the tunnel where Princess Di was killed in an actual chase about 2 months later.

Back