best for home defense?

Ok I need advice I just got my own apartment and would like to know which model would be best for home defense?

Most anything in the 15 inch range would do nicely.
What catches your eye?

The one that you can use the fastest and can get to quickest. But for home defense, I will use my Browning before I use a khuk. Got to get way too close for a blade to be effective.

I like the BAS, WWII, and M43 which would be the best of the three? As far as a gun goes my girl does not like them and I have studied martial arts and edge wepon combat and feel that if I can not deal with the problem a gun would be of little good to me.

I like the BAS, WWII, and M43 which would be the best of the three? As far as a gun goes my girl does not like them and I have studied martial arts and edge wepon combat and feel that if I can not deal with the problem a gun would be of little good to me.

M43 would be my pick of those three. My brother practically worships the one he has.

Of the ones I currently own, I think my 13" AK would be best... of what HI offers, I think a 15" or under Sirupati would be my preference.

Now that we know you have some training:D
I would suggest a 15" or under WWII, BAS or Sirupate. The WWII and BAS will be a little on the heavy side, but the Siru woulld be lighter. You most likely will not find an M-43 coming in at under 18" inches. My best advice to you would be to study up on the style of blade you want and pay close attention to weight. Then email Auntie to see if she has anything that will fit the bill.

My bedroom is STUFFED with weapons of all sorts, but if someone breaks in, the hi-power will be in my hand. You will not know what the enemy has in his hands and you need to be as well-armed as you possibly can be. Distance is the key to survival.

The girlfriend would have to get over it and get happy about the 2nd amendment. Martial arts training is no match for hot lead. You're not bulletproof.
A .45 will take all the Hi-yah out of you.

That said, the Tamang feels very good in the hand. It's like an extension of your arm. Very lively. Not too heavy and not too light.

Of the three listed, an M43 would be my choice. If it's too tight to swing, then stab.

If you really have martial arts weapon training, how about an Uddha sword, or even an AK Bowie.

Of course, I've thought of just running down the hall naked with a Giant Chitlangi Bowie in one hand, a falcata in the other, yelling "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!"

;)

I like the M43, but just remember that using for home defense you have to be very close to use it, and you will be looking him/her in the eyes when you do. If it were me it would be Glock time. Perhaps a good pepper spray then back it up with the M43 if necessary.

Dang Spartans...always running around naked and screaming with something big and sharp.... can't take 'em anywhere.

Might as well be irish......(b4 I get tagged...I"M Irish).

Oh, and while I'm at it. Get a Khuk anyway.They rock, and this is just the place to get one, bro!

Mr Bowie
Get a Khuk for fun. If SWMBO doesn’t do guns get something with a little more reach like a baseball bat, walking staff or other poll arm. If your problem has you “out gunned” you are left with prayer and surprise neither of which can be counted on or practiced. A single shot shotgun is about the most inoffensive gun you can get and if you forget to load it it still makes a fair club.
Good luck with your choice.

For many a year, I felt more than adequately protected with either a 15" Villager or my Cherokee Rose by my bedside.

Now I have a .45 by the bed and an 870 in the other room at the ready. To be honest, I'm probably statistically safer now than I ever was in my little hovel apartments on the wrong side of the tracks.

It would suck if Mr. B&E was armed with a gun, but you pays your moneys and takes your chances.

With a full-length sword hanging next to my bed, rooting around for a khuk is probably moot....

Back