Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

It’s definitely Beak Breaker time :thumbsup:
Happy Sunday and hoping all are enjoying there knives and a cold beverage of there choice :)
zgmFX9B.jpg

I like the looks, and especially the name, of that one!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

A drop of the black stuff ;) Have a good weekend folks :thumbsup:

View attachment 869112
I didn’t realize that Guinness brews a porter, Jack Black Jack Black . I imagine its color pairs nicely with your ebony lambsfoot. :thumbsup:
Yes, they also do a Dublin Porter Greg :) I've only had the West Indies though, it's OK :thumbsup:

Guinness-Dublin-Porter.jpg

Have a good weekend my friend :thumbsup:
Thanks for expanding my horizons, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::) I've been enjoying a variety of Guinness stouts over the past couple of months, but, like Greg, I had no idea Guinness brewed porter(s). I just finished reading a mystery novel set in Dublin, and a glass of Guinness Dublin porter would undoubtedly added to my enjoyment of the book. ;)

Went ahead and enjoyed a couple of these, too. Had 'em in the fridge, just seemed like the right thing to do. :D

DmjchhU.jpg
Looks good, Barrett! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I also had some Guinness Draught Stout on St. Patrick's Day, along with a bottle of Killian's Irish Red; the pair seemed appropriate for the day! :cool:;)
st.patrick.pair.flash.jpg

Fantastic pic my friend :) I believe that is one of GT's favourite beers. Seeing it always reminds me of this trip to Tadcaster with Earl :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 870322
Great photo and beverage choice, @StoneBeard !! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Jack is correct; Taddy Porter changed my life! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::D It was the first porter I ever tried, and typical American lagers that I'd drunk all my life suddenly seemed SO inferior! :rolleyes:

Great beers everyone. It's still very much porter and stout weather here so it seemed a shame not to :D
SnrqkVt.jpg
donn, IMHO porter/stout weather lasts 365 days/year! ;)

- GT

Thanks for expanding my horizons, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::) I've been enjoying a variety of Guinness stouts over the past couple of months, but, like Greg, I had no idea Guinness brewed porter(s). I just finished reading a mystery novel set in Dublin, and a glass of Guinness Dublin porter would undoubtedly added to my enjoyment of the book. ;)

Looks good, Barrett! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I also had some Guinness Draught Stout on St. Patrick's Day, along with a bottle of Killian's Irish Red; the pair seemed appropriate for the day! :cool:;)
View attachment 871332

Great photo and beverage choice, @StoneBeard !! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Jack is correct; Taddy Porter changed my life! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::D It was the first porter I ever tried, and typical American lagers that I'd drunk all my life suddenly seemed SO inferior! :rolleyes:

donn, IMHO porter/stout weather lasts 365 days/year! ;)

- GT

I dare say you'll come across it at some point my friend :) Nice to hear of the life transforming properties of Taddy Porter ;) :thumbsup:

A.Wright Small Swayback Sambar Lambsfoot 3-9.JPG

- cheers, GT :thumbsup:

Only problem with that beer is, I have to get in quick cos the missus likes it too :confused: :D
That's not all bad! ;)

I dare say you'll come across it at some point my friend :) Nice to hear of the life transforming properties of Taddy Porter ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 871416
Yeah, Taddy Porter enriched my beer-drinking experience, but also impoverished my beverage budget! :eek::rolleyes:
Your stag lambsfoot is superb, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Yeah, Taddy Porter enriched my beer-drinking experience, but also impoverished my beverage budget! :eek::rolleyes:
Your stag lambsfoot is superb, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

That's your exotic tastes my friend ;) Thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

If it doesn't warm up soon you'll be right in more ways than one :D:thumbsup:
And with that in mind...Buxton Brewery Rain Shadow Imperial Stout, 10%
6N8v2PS.jpg

Very nice Donn, nice pair of knives too :) I was only saying the other day, I haven't had any of the Buxton beers for a while. About 5 years ago or so, I was sat drinking a pint in North Bar in Leeds, when a guy came in and bought himself a half of bitter. He said he was from Buxton Brewery, and had come over on his day off, as he had always wanted to visit the bar. I told him I liked their beers, and offered to buy him a drink. He switched from half a bitter to a pint of the most expensive ale they had on tap! Maybe he thought I owned the place or something :eek: o_O:rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Called in for an afternoon pint ;) Viking DNA, a smoked porter, from the Brew York brewery, intense but very tasty :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 871781

I'm always open to trying smoked beers, but I can't say that I've ever found one I really like. :confused:

Jack, I guess I never knew that Belhaven had other offerings besides their standard Scottish Ale. I think that may be the only one we get over here.

Trying another local MN beer tonight: Fair State Brewing Cooperative's Vienna Lager.

Le5eorU.jpg

Back