Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I'm always open to trying smoked beers, but I can't say that I've ever found one I really like. :confused:

Jack, I guess I never knew that Belhaven had other offerings besides their standard Scottish Ale. I think that may be the only one we get over here.

Trying another local MN beer tonight: Fair State Brewing Cooperative's Vienna Lager.

Le5eorU.jpg

Have you tried any Rauchbiers Barrett? It's been a while I had one, but I've always enjoyed them when I have. This is the one I like most I think, and it seems to be pretty widely available.

Schlenkerla-Rauchbier-Marzen.jpg

That was a tasty beverage Barrett, I'd definitely buy it again, though, of the three, I liked the 6.5% Life & Death, which I've had before, the best. You'll have to get your brother to start making you a mixed case up for your next visit ;) :thumbsup:

That looks like an interesting brew my friend :) We get a lot of US beers here now, but sadly there are many we don't see :(

Have you tried any Rauchbiers Barrett? It's been a while I had one, but I've always enjoyed them when I have. This is the one I like most I think, and it seems to be pretty widely available.

That was a tasty beverage Barrett, I'd definitely buy it again, though, of the three, I liked the 6.5% Life & Death, which I've had before, the best. You'll have to get your brother to start making you a mixed case up for your next visit ;) :thumbsup:

That looks like an interesting brew my friend :) We get a lot of US beers here now, but sadly there are many we don't see :(

1SC9nxM.jpg

:cool:

Old photo though, as I wont be drinking this weekend. Busy weekend.

I’ve had a few Rauchbiers before; some of them weren’t bad, but I’ve never found one that I loved, either. I haven’t had that one, though, so if I see it, I’ll give it a try.

When we were visiting last summer, my brother and I found a shop in Bath with a great beer selection where you could buy single bottles of just about everything. We put together a pretty good sampler (a lot better than the Bath Ales we’d picked up at the supermarket earlier in the week ;)), but I realized after we’d already drank all those beers that I’d failed to take a picture of any of them. :confused: I have to say, though, I think my favorite thing about drinking beer in England was the availability of good cask ales in every pub we went to. It’s not nearly as common here in the States.

I don’t know if this is the case over there, but the availability of certain beers here in the States varies a lot based on region. There are a ton of beers available here in Minnesota that I couldn’t get in Arizona, and vice versa. A lot of the smaller breweries that are putting out some of the best stuff have distribution areas that only extend to a few neighboring states.

1SC9nxM.jpg

You set a tasty-looking table sir :) :thumbsup:

I’ve had a few Rauchbiers before; some of them weren’t bad, but I’ve never found one that I loved, either. I haven’t had that one, though, so if I see it, I’ll give it a try.

When we were visiting last summer, my brother and I found a shop in Bath with a great beer selection where you could buy single bottles of just about everything. We put together a pretty good sampler (a lot better than the Bath Ales we’d picked up at the supermarket earlier in the week ;)), but I realized after we’d already drank all those beers that I’d failed to take a picture of any of them. :confused: I have to say, though, I think my favorite thing about drinking beer in England was the availability of good cask ales in every pub we went to. It’s not nearly as common here in the States.

I don’t know if this is the case over there, but the availability of certain beers here in the States varies a lot based on region. There are a ton of beers available here in Minnesota that I couldn’t get in Arizona, and vice versa. A lot of the smaller breweries that are putting out some of the best stuff have distribution areas that only extend to a few neighboring states.

Let me know what you think Barrett :thumbsup:

Yes, most of the beers I drink are on cask. I wouldn't go in a pub if it didn't have cask ales :thumbsup:

Cask beers tend to be more regionally distributed than bottled or canned beers :thumbsup: I know one guy making beer in Leeds, where I live, and great beers at that, who brews in his garage, and only owns two or three kegs, so understandably, his beers don't travel very far! :D :thumbsup:

Let me know what you think Barrett :thumbsup:

Yes, most of the beers I drink are on cask. I wouldn't go in a pub if it didn't have cask ales :thumbsup:

Cask beers tend to be more regionally distributed than bottled or canned beers :thumbsup: I know one guy making beer in Leeds, where I live, and great beers at that, who brews in his garage, and only owns two or three kegs, so understandably, his beers don't travel very far! :D :thumbsup:

I think I may have told this story here before, but back when we lived in Arkansas, I knew this married couple who were both blind, and the husband brewed his own beer in his garage. He just did it as a hobby, and bottled all his beer in small plastic Coke bottles, but he brewed some really good stuff!

Very nice Donn, nice pair of knives too :) I was only saying the other day, I haven't had any of the Buxton beers for a while. About 5 years ago or so, I was sat drinking a pint in North Bar in Leeds, when a guy came in and bought himself a half of bitter. He said he was from Buxton Brewery, and had come over on his day off, as he had always wanted to visit the bar. I told him I liked their beers, and offered to buy him a drink. He switched from half a bitter to a pint of the most expensive ale they had on tap! Maybe he thought I owned the place or something :eek: o_O:rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

LOL! Well Buxton has been quite "gentrified" for a while now. I suppose to that bloke £5 pints weren't unusual. And my last few sessions in Leeds they weren't that unusual either.... :eek:

1SC9nxM.jpg

Shame about the busy weekend because that seems about the most perfect weekend right there :thumbsup:

A couple of old favourites for me tonight.
JFIY505.jpg

I think I may have told this story here before, but back when we lived in Arkansas, I knew this married couple who were both blind, and the husband brewed his own beer in his garage. He just did it as a hobby, and bottled all his beer in small plastic Coke bottles, but he brewed some really good stuff!

That's pretty cool :) Fifteen or so years ago, I met this young Catalan guy, who had somehow acquired a taste for English ale. I'm not sure how this had happened, as he'd never been to England, but he was absolutely in love with it. Unfortunately, at that time, you just couldn't get that style of beer anywhere near Catalunya, so his solution was to make his own. I don't know where he got his hops and the rest of the ingredients, but he gave me a bottle, and it was actually pretty good :)

LOL! Well Buxton has been quite "gentrified" for a while now. I suppose to that bloke £5 pints weren't unusual. And my last few sessions in Leeds they weren't that unusual either.... :eek:

Shame about the busy weekend because that seems about the most perfect weekend right there :thumbsup:

A couple of old favourites for me tonight.
JFIY505.jpg

The beer he chose was nearer a tenner! :eek: Yep, plenty of places charging a fiver a pint in Leeds today :rolleyes: Shocking! o_O It looks like that OP is having an effect my friend ;) :thumbsup:

Back