Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

LOL and thanks, GT!

This afternoon I had a beer that I’m certain you’d enjoy. It is a very tasty milk stout from Firestone Walker called Nitro Merlin:

olJ7HjZh.jpg

I thought the coloring on the bone of that 6383 would match up nicely with the post-pour nitrogen bubble fest. :)

Is that the stuff that makes your voice go like a Chipmunk?

I had a few new nice beers and a couple of nice rums while I was out yesterday evening :)

Picked up a few cans on the way home. I have come to rather dislike this brewery, and its increasingly mediocre beers, but they're often all I can find in my local supermarket. This one was actually pretty rotten though - ugh! :thumbsdown:

AW Ebony Lambsfoot 29-1.JPG

"Tangerine" might have been a clew!:D
Though a lot of people must like the fruity stuff more than I do.
Do you guys still spell 'clue' with an 'ew'?

"Tangerine" might have been a clew!:D
Though a lot of people must like the fruity stuff more than I do.
Do you guys still spell 'clue' with an 'ew'?

It is really sickly Jer! o_O Certainly not a Tangerine Dream ;)

No, it's been 'clue' all my lifetime! :D :thumbsup:

Monday was labor day eve here and I wasn’t fully recovered even by wednesday.. I think I still have feel it a bit.

Getting too old for that level of brew consumption..

I had a few new nice beers and a couple of nice rums while I was out yesterday evening :)

Picked up a few cans on the way home. I have come to rather dislike this brewery, and its increasingly mediocre beers, but they're often all I can find in my local supermarket. This one was actually pretty rotten though - ugh! :thumbsdown:

View attachment 898024

Your not the first person I've recently heard say that about Brewdog beers. People who know more about these things than I do say Brewdog all seem to be more about creating an "image" around drinking their beers, than about the beers themselves. I think that maybe their bars illustrate that.

Yesterday for me was a few pints of Black Band Porter, 5.5%. At the Kirkstall Bridge Inn, home to the Kirkstall Brewery, in Kirkstall, West Yorkshire.
Ld608By.jpg

iF24Mmw.jpg

And tea. Belly pork and mash. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
yiODl2E.jpg

And I swung back through Leeds where if I've time I always visit the Grove Inn.
1BP4oH7.jpg

A couple of pints of Stancill India. :thumbsup:
WXOiuWj.jpg

LrV04oi.jpg

Your not the first person I've recently heard say that about Brewdog beers. People who know more about these things than I do say Brewdog all seem to be more about creating an "image" around drinking their beers, than about the beers themselves. I think that maybe their bars illustrate that.

Yesterday for me was a few pints of Black Band Porter, 5.5%. At the Kirkstall Bridge Inn, home to the Kirkstall Brewery, in Kirkstall, West Yorkshire.
Ld608By.jpg

iF24Mmw.jpg

And tea. Belly pork and mash. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
yiODl2E.jpg

And I swung back through Leeds where if I've time I always visit the Grove Inn.
1BP4oH7.jpg

A couple of pints of Stancill India. :thumbsup:
WXOiuWj.jpg

LrV04oi.jpg

I think that is exactly right Donn, quite a nasty big corporation, who seem to like throwing their weight around, masquerading as a 'craft brewery' :thumbsdown: You do get around my friend, and have picked a couple of great Leeds pubs there (you will have to give me a shout sometime) :) I have always liked the Bridge, but I think Kirkstall have made it even better. The Grove used to be a regular haunt of mine, and I have sat in that corner (and the one opposite) many times, including a couple with @scruffuk :) Great to see your Lambsfoot too :thumbsup:

You do get around my friend, and have picked a couple of great Leeds pubs there (you will have to give me a shout sometime) :) I have always liked the Bridge, but I think Kirkstall have made it even better. The Grove used to be a regular haunt of mine, and I have sat in that corner (and the one opposite) many times, including a couple with @scruffuk :) Great to see your Lambsfoot too :thumbsup:

Any excuse to visit God's Own Jack :D:thumbsup: Or 'get the heck out of north Cheshire' as I also call it :rolleyes:
Aye we should have an ale sometime :D:thumbsup: Leeds has some great pubs but the prices got a bit silly. I used to go the Duck and Drake but stopped when I had to hand over £4.60? for a pint of Centurion Ghost :eek::eek:
Not the case in the Groves, which is still acceptable :thumbsup:

Any excuse to visit God's Own Jack :D:thumbsup: Or 'get the heck out of north Cheshire' as I also call it :rolleyes:
Aye we should have an ale sometime :D:thumbsup: Leeds has some great pubs but the prices got a bit silly. I used to go the Duck and Drake but stopped when I had to hand over £4.60? for a pint of Centurion Ghost :eek::eek:
Not the case in the Groves, which is still acceptable :thumbsup:

Fantastic! :) Yes indeed, I have always found the Duck a bit pricey for a market pub, much the same at The Palace. £4.60 is shocking though! :eek: I have to say, Leeds has some rotten pubs too! :eek: :D Prices are much better over in Huddersfield, and The Sportsman always serves a good pint :) :thumbsup:

I ve noticed a new trend in beer with "tropical passionfruity notes" etc etc.
I mistakenly tried the Wild Yak brother to the Fat Yak and excellent Lazy Yak aussie IPA.
and cousin to Big Helga Munich Lager.
Wild Yak was bats wee ...so foul I took the the sixpack back ...made the guy taste it and he agreed . It was sour and bad.
Avoid like the plague.

Back