Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

He was also noted for being a rival of Casanova in the bedroom. Although a physically unattractive man his skill with words and his charisma could charm the pants off any wench he chose.
I was going to say, "Hope for us all", till I read the "charisma" bit.
I thought it strange in the Richard Harris movie (which is about all I know about that Cromwell), that he told his men to trust in God and keep their powder dry in the middle of a field instead of while crossing a river. As if he were afraid they'd wet themselves.
Wondering if I should do giveaway in this thread for most preposterously named beer.
American style India Pale Ale is a conceptual stretch for me, but not as bad as Dark India Pale Ale.
I think there's been a minor twitface backlash against allegedly sexist beer names.

Heat wave day 6. G&T as I swelter packing for a week in the woods.
PyF6qII.jpg

I was going to say, "Hope for us all", till I read the "charisma" bit.
I thought it strange in the Richard Harris movie (which is about all I know about that Cromwell), that he told his men to trust in God and keep their powder dry in the middle of a field instead of while crossing a river. As if he were afraid they'd wet themselves.

:D :thumbsup:

Yesterday:

2018 Ancient 1-7.JPG

Today :

2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot 13-8.JPG

My! Ya’ll have been posting up a storm since the last time I checked in. Great stuff, all. I’m sorry I can’t comment on all of the posts.

I’ve spent the past 10 days on a road trip to visit Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and a dear old friend and his family who now live in Montana. It was my first time in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana and I thoroughly enjoyed driving through the back country in each.

Here’s a picture from last night in a hotel in Twin Falls, Idaho before hitting the hay early before getting on the road at 5AM this morning for the final 10.5 hour push to get home:

BtrkE4Th.jpg

The whiskey is a souvenir we picked up in Jackson, WY and I enjoyed sampling throughout the trip. The hotel room only had paper cups, so the mason jar that had been carrying my wife’s homemade blackberry jam—eaten with almond butter in sandwiches along the way—came to the rescue.

I’d brought the Camillus 72 along thinking I’d have a lot of time for whittling, but that didn’t end up being the case. It was a fantastic trip, though. If I can find the time tomorrow, I’ll post a few highlights in the lounge.

Last edited:
My! Ya’ll have been posting up a storm since the last time I checked in. Great stuff, all. I’m sorry I can’t comment on all of the posts.

I’ve spent the past 10 days on a road trip to visit Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and a dear old friend and his family who now live in Montana. It was my first time in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana and I thoroughly enjoyed driving through the back country in each.

Here’s a picture from last night in a hotel in Twin Falls, Idaho before hitting the hay early before getting on the road at 5AM this morning for the final 10.5 hour push to get home:

BtrkE4Th.jpg

The whiskey is a souvenir we picked up in Jackson, WY and I enjoyed sampling throughout the trip. The hotel room only had paper cups, so the mason jar that had been carrying my wife’s homemade blackberry jam—eaten with almond butter in sandwiches along the way—came to the rescue.

I’d brought the Camillus 72 along thinking I’d have a lot of time for whittling, but that didn’t end up being the case. It was a fantastic trip, though. If I can find the time tomorrow, I’ll post a few highlights in the lounge.

Sounds like a fantastic trip Greg :) Good to have you back :thumbsup:

Broke out the Lightbox and camera and even the LightRoom software for this Gin & Tonic. JK Knives Pocket Chef in 1/16" 440C with Bloodwood and Brass.

ichKlyJ.jpg
very very nice... as a matter of fact... excuse me while I fix a toddy...:D a craving has been flung upon me....

Back