Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Thanks, my friend, and I have that tool, but couldn't find it when I sliced. Following Markeologist's sage words, I have just about finished the bottle. My post may have been misleading: I do have a large bottle back-up, but I will be getting a new smaller FULL bottle without the cork garnish for my bar. Cheers!
- Stuart
Sometimes when I'm in the field sitting around a campfire with the crew, a new bottle will appear and it gets opened with enthusiasm. Somebody invariably gets a wild hair and yells "burn the cork!" I then know I will have a long night and a slow moving crew the next morning.:confused:

:D:eek: you know what I meant to say...my apologies...palate!

Yes, I knew, but I like the pallet load view better.

Somebody invariably gets a wild hair and yells "burn the cork!" I then know I will have a long night and a slow moving crew the next morning.:confused:

Been there and been that guy, and been in your position, too. That guy doesn't remember, but you and I do (sometimes vaguely).

- Stuart

Stuart, a few years back I went on a porter exploration, trying a couple dozen locally available offerings. After months of exhaustive (yeah, right!) testing, the Founders came out on top for me. When I want something a little "punchier," then the Old Rasputin imperial stout is my choice.

Look what I've won in an ice out contest :cool:
3I55A1e.jpg

Stuart, a few years back I went on a porter exploration, trying a couple dozen locally available offerings. After months of exhaustive (yeah, right!) testing, the Founders came out on top for me. When I want something a little "punchier," then the Old Rasputin imperial stout is my choice.

Congratulations for your adventure. Many won't make the effort despite there being a wonderland of porters out there. If you can find one, try a Yuengling porter. They are serious.

Some porter with supper on Friday!
View attachment 1130281

- GT
As well it should be, GT. I was glad to see your prior conversation in this thread about darker ales. They are my "mother's milk" in beer, either porter or stout (a double porter). I find some stouts to be bombastic, porters are, generally, more subtle, yet full of flavors.
- Stuart

Back