Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I hope this is an acceptable thing to do within an existing thread. I thought I’d do a little ***GIVEAWAY*** here in the Traditional Beverages and Blades thread, with a year’s Gold Membership as the prize.

Things have been a bit boring being stuck at home for weeks, so today I gathered up all the whiskey/whisky I had in the house and lined ‘em all up. I grabbed a glass and couple forum knives, selected one bottle and poured myself a drink.

aF7MI3m.jpg

Now all you have to do is guess what I’m drinking. There are 27 bottles total. (A couple should be pretty easy to rule out. ;)) Here are a few rules:

1. Post your guess here, along with a photo that belongs in this thread. (Doesn’t have to be an alcoholic beverage; just a beverage, and a traditional knife.)
  2. One guess per day. (Just use your best judgment, i.e. don’t post a guess as 11:59 pm and another at 12:01 am.)
  3. Feel free to guess something that’s already been guessed by someone else. That’ll give more people a chance, and I’ll pick randomly from those who guessed correctly.
  4. I’ll let this go a for a few days, I think, to give everyone a chance to see this and enter if they want.
  5. Finally, no “not an entry” posts. It’s not a knife you might already have, it’s a year of Gold Membership supporting the forum. Great for someone who isn’t already a Gold Member; also great for someone who is. :D
That’s it! Y’all start guessing, I’m going to go enjoy this tasty beverage. :thumbsup:

I hope this is an acceptable thing to do within an existing thread. I thought I’d do a little ***GIVEAWAY*** here in the Traditional Beverages and Blades thread, with a year’s Gold Membership as the prize.

Things have been a bit boring being stuck at home for weeks, so today I gathered up all the whiskey/whisky I had in the house and lined ‘em all up. I grabbed a glass and couple forum knives, selected one bottle and poured myself a drink.

aF7MI3m.jpg

Now all you have to do is guess what I’m drinking. There are 27 bottles total. (A couple should be pretty easy to rule out. ;)) Here are a few rules:

1. Post your guess here, along with a photo that belongs in this thread. (Doesn’t have to be an alcoholic beverage; just a beverage, and a traditional knife.)
  2. One guess per day. (Just use your best judgment, i.e. don’t post a guess as 11:59 pm and another at 12:01 am.)
  3. Feel free to guess something that’s already been guessed by someone else. That’ll give more people a chance, and I’ll pick randomly from those who guessed correctly.
  4. I’ll let this go a for a few days, I think, to give everyone a chance to see this and enter if they want.
  5. Finally, no “not an entry” posts. It’s not a knife you might already have, it’s a year of Gold Membership supporting the forum. Great for someone who isn’t already a Gold Member; also great for someone who is. :D
That’s it! Y’all start guessing, I’m going to go enjoy this tasty beverage. :thumbsup:
Very interesting, Barrett. My guess is W. L. Weller Special Reserve.
mNODGGb.jpg

Last edited:
It’s a Northfield 81 in smooth appaloosa bone. The drink was mostly everclear with some vanilla vodka, apple cider and cinnamon for flavor.
ED6zuQB.jpg
Does GEC make Northfield? I know there were different companies that made them. Very nice.

aF7MI3m.jpg

You have an excellent assortment there, Barrett! Although I think it's a crime that you haven't dipped into that High West Bourbon... Everything I have had from High West has been quite excellent. I am going to guess the High West Campfire - because.. well... how could it not be? :D I will be happy to play your game, but please, if I do happen to win, I would like to defer the membership to someone in more need of it than I - I'll trust your good judgement on that.

A little Weller for me this evening.

tldVvyW.jpg

You have an excellent assortment there, Barrett! Although I think it's a crime that you haven't dipped into that High West Bourbon... Everything I have had from High West has been quite excellent. I am going to guess the High West Campfire - because.. well... how could it not be? :D I will be happy to play your game, but please, if I do happen to win, I would like to defer the membership to someone in more need of it than I - I'll trust your good judgement on that.

tldVvyW.jpg
Not only do you have excellent taste in whiskey and cigars, Dylan, but you have some AWESOME knives. :cool::thumbsup:

I was happy (and surprised) that 43 years had not stifled the taste of this Zinfandel. The fruit was fading, but still present with enough tannin to give balance to the full flavor. The edges, viewed in the glass, were browning (drink it tonight!), but a real pleasure overall. Good on you, Mirassou!

hdB3zha.jpg

The Case Slim Trapper cut the foil cap cleanly.
- Stuart

Hot Dam bwoy! You've got a better selection than both of the Narooma pubs put together.
Old Grandad...heard its not a bad droop.
Cheers.
Heres a fresh poured Annabelles XPA...from Big Niles right here in Dalmeny....5.2abv...vair refreshing after a day of hacking out a massive old Plumbago ( Satans Revenge on gardeners)...
20200428-164527.jpg

Knife is a TL29 rehandled with Jotoba by @esnyx ..a Porcheteer who has gone MIA...cheers and good luck everyone.

Thanks for the entries in the mini-GAW so far, everyone! Remember you can make another guess each day (otherwise we might be here a while). ;) 7 out of 27 bottles guess so far. Maybe someone’s already guessed the right one. Maybe not. :cool: The good news is I don’t think there’ll be much competition for two or more people guessing the same thing. :D

tldVvyW.jpg

Thanks, Dylan! I was given both of those High West bottles by a friend. I was most curious about the Campfire (I love peated whiskey), so I opened it first; just haven't gotten around to trying the other yet. That fixed blade is a cool looking knife! :thumbsup:

Hot Dam bwoy! You've got a better selection than both of the Narooma pubs put together.
Old Grandad...heard its not a bad droop.
Cheers.
Heres a fresh poured Annabelles XPA...from Big Niles right here in Dalmeny....5.2abv...vair refreshing after a day of hacking out a massive old Plumbago ( Satans Revenge on gardeners)...
20200428-164527.jpg

Knife is a TL29 rehandled with Jotoba by @esnyx ..a Porcheteer who has gone MIA...cheers and good luck everyone.

:D :D

Good looking TL-29, meako! :thumbsup:

My wife was born in Nashville, I was born in Bowling Green...something’s are just in your blood. View attachment 1328936

Gotta like 'en both, especially Jim Beam Black.

I was pleasantly surprised by the bonded Old Grand-Dad when I first had it. Haven’t tried the 114 yet. Dickel 12 ain’t bad either.

I like all three and have them on my bar now.

mlSQMGm.jpg

- Stuart

aF7MI3m.jpg

I’m going to say Maker’s Mark. My tipple tonight.
KUlGVyR.jpg

Back