Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

I hope this is an acceptable thing to do within an existing thread. I thought I’d do a little ***GIVEAWAY*** here in the Traditional Beverages and Blades thread, with a year’s Gold Membership as the prize.

Things have been a bit boring being stuck at home for weeks, so today I gathered up all the whiskey/whisky I had in the house and lined ‘em all up. I grabbed a glass and couple forum knives, selected one bottle and poured myself a drink.

aF7MI3m.jpg

Now all you have to do is guess what I’m drinking. There are 27 bottles total. (A couple should be pretty easy to rule out. ;)) Here are a few rules:

1. Post your guess here, along with a photo that belongs in this thread. (Doesn’t have to be an alcoholic beverage; just a beverage, and a traditional knife.)
  2. One guess per day. (Just use your best judgment, i.e. don’t post a guess as 11:59 pm and another at 12:01 am.)
  3. Feel free to guess something that’s already been guessed by someone else. That’ll give more people a chance, and I’ll pick randomly from those who guessed correctly.
  4. I’ll let this go a for a few days, I think, to give everyone a chance to see this and enter if they want.
  5. Finally, no “not an entry” posts. It’s not a knife you might already have, it’s a year of Gold Membership supporting the forum. Great for someone who isn’t already a Gold Member; also great for someone who is. :D
That’s it! Y’all start guessing, I’m going to go enjoy this tasty beverage. :thumbsup:

I'm guessing the High West on the back row.....

and here's a few of my favorite things....

j1TG9x.jpg

Alright, time for a little update on the Guess-Which-Whiskey Giveaway (or the GWW GAW, for short). So far, 18 bottles have been guessed. There were 27 in the group photo, but even the not-so-eagle-eyed among you probably noticed that 6 of those bottles were unopened. That rules out the following:

Colonel E.H. Taylor Small Batch
High West American Prairie Bourbon
Lagavulin 11 Offerman Edition
Old Forester Statesman
Rock Town Arkansas Bourbon
Ron Burgundy “Great Odin's Raven” Special Reserve Scotchy Scotch Scotch​

(Obviously I’m saving that last one for a special occasion…) :rolleyes:

That leaves us with 21 open bottles, of which, again, 18 have been guessed. So as not to drag this thing out too long, I’ll go ahead and tell you that the correct whisk(e)y has already been guessed. That means, in addition to the unopened bottles listed above, the winning guess is not:

Auchentoshan 12 Year
Glenfiddich 15 Year
J&B Rare​

I’ll let this run for another 24 hours, until 5 pm CDT tomorrow (Friday), at which point I’ll announce the winner.

I’ll go ahead and repost the photo (with the “eliminated” whiskeys crossed out) to assist with your final guesses.

9pEBU4T.jpg

At 9.0 %, i'm surprised you didn't have an old Imperial out to go with it. ;)

I see what you did there. Sly.

(Old pic, but it's morning and I'm at work!)

Martinis never grow old.

. . . oops, double posted, see above.

That's a couple of OOOPs , Jeff, and on the "and beverages" thread no less. Though, not quite like the post quoted below.

That seems about right for this thread, though I'll note that the glass is empty and the bottle (107°) is unopened.

- Stuart

Stuart 2 of those 32ozers @ 9% makes some folks wobbly and some down for the count:eek:
I'd be a little wobbly:thumbsup:

btb01 btb01 Barrett, my guess is the Weller Special Reserve. And I hope that you savored it. Today, I ended up, somehow, opening a 32 oz can of local stout (Board Room "Black Knight") at 3:30 p.m., all to take a picture when the sun was right. Two cans into the afternoon, I put the big knives away. Nice out, though.

zc0zWta.jpg

F9uPtwH.jpg

Both are snappy and sharp. The Hammer Brand hunter (1878-1932) can compromise several digits in one snap.

- Stuart

Enjoyed myself a couple of Shiners this afternoon
I2W0ADu.jpg

Stuart 2 of those 32ozers @ 9% makes some folks wobbly and some down for the count:eek:
I'd be a little wobbly:thumbsup:

Enjoyed myself a couple of Shiners this afternoon
I2W0ADu.jpg
It's hard to beat Shiner Bock for an every day kind of beer... it's my go-to, and never disappoints.
I've been off beer for a couple of months, trying to limit carbs, so this pic is a very sweet kind of torture for me....

Haha sorry about that, carb restriction isn't all its cranked up to be:D just drop another carb and substitute a couple of these;) it's my go to beer as well, I keep a couple or 12 in the crisper drawer:thumbsup:

It's hard to beat Shiner Bock for an every day kind of beer... it's my go-to, and never disappoints.
I've been off beer for a couple of months, trying to limit carbs, so this pic is a very sweet kind of torture for me....

Mitt, the Dickel 9 yo SB is one of mine and my son-in-law's favorites: to us it is waffles with butter and maple syrup on a lazy Saturday morning! I envy you a full bottle, as mine is down to the nubs, and they are few and far between around here.

Oddly enough, I have near half gallons of both Buffalo Trace and George Dickel 12, but I felt peer pressure from posts herein to go with a Maserin Martini today (and bit earlier than usual, as I needed to grill before the rain returned).

jMZkBRE.jpg

btb01 btb01 Barrett, I place a bet on the Baker's.
- Stuart

Back