Attention BF2020 Knife Count

I will commit to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is spreading false information. Where did you read there was no international shipping going to be available?
You responded to my question in one of the other threads about the knife. From what you said, it sounded like it was going to be the usual hassle in order to order one. I just want to order like I was getting from any other dealer, submit my order, select Canadian shipping at a reasonable cost and wait for it to arrive. I’m not interested in massive shipping costs or extra parties needing to be involved. If you can provide regular shipping, I’m in for a knife!

You responded to my question in one of the other threads about the knife. From what you said, it sounded like it was going to be the usual hassle in order to order one. I just want to order like I was getting from any other dealer, submit my order, select Canadian shipping at a reasonable cost and wait for it to arrive. I’m not interested in massive shipping costs or extra parties needing to be involved. If you can provide regular shipping, I’m in for a knife!

Delivery has not been worked out yet. But CollectorKnives will not be sending Rams horn thru U.S. Customs. But many, many people have solved this problem on their own and we might need to get assistance from them. There are several other Canadians already signed up, we can probably find simple assistance. But, if you require a dealer to break U.S. law to get you a knife; you are probably right in sitting out this one.

Last year we had the same concern and it seemed like this insurmountable issue beforehand; then we ended up with 10-15 orders that needed a solution.

I was going for one but I definitely don’t want anyone breaking any laws to get it shipped back to Europe (Even if it came from there).

So while I appreciate the effort Mike put into this I will probably sit it out and hope that a second run will be available at a local dealer that already does business with CK.

Gerd

Delivery has not been worked out yet. But CollectorKnives will not be sending Rams horn thru U.S. Customs. But many, many people have solved this problem on their own and we might need to get assistance from them. There are several other Canadians already signed up, we can probably find simple assistance. But, if you require a dealer to break U.S. law to get you a knife; you are probably right in sitting out this one.

Last year we had the same concern and it seemed like this insurmountable issue beforehand; then we ended up with 10-15 orders that needed a solution.

I certainly don’t want you to break any laws. I don’t know what silly laws the U.S. has in place. Or why other dealers don’t have issues. I know Canada has some silly laws, and rediculous interpretations on others.
It all just seems to much of a hassle. I ordered one of your exclusives through a forum friend once and it all went fairly smooth but it’s just too much extra time and work tbh. (Viper EO in bocote, amazing knife by the way).

I am in for one! Thank you all!

best

mqqn

I was going for one but I definitely don’t want anyone breaking any laws to get it shipped back to Europe (Even if it came from there).

So while I appreciate the effort Mike put into this I will probably sit it out and hope that a second run will be available at a local dealer that already does business with CK.

Again, at this point, we are manufacturing a problem where none exist. These are details. I am good with details. If, for some reason, I can't figure out a simple solution for international customers - I won't collect your money when the time comes.

On a positive note it looks like we have a commitment to at least 273 knives.

I’m in for 1.

Haven’t followed all the details. But if it’s open for discussion at all, I greatly prefer a discreet tang stamp for the ‘BF 2020’ designation, similar to the way GEC has done it in the past. The markup shows a blade etch. I think the GEC style/discreet stamp is more classy. Just my $.02.

I don't think stamping M390 is an option and if it were it still would add more delays than a change in the etch. I would prefer to not have titanium and a more traditional steel then M390 but with the constraints we face this is being handled in a very acceptable manner.

The Viper Swayback I have is stamped m390 on the tang
I don't think stamping M390 is an option and if it were it still would add more delays than a change in the etch. I would prefer to not have titanium and a more traditional steel then M390 but with the constraints we face this is being handled in a very acceptable manner.

I don't think they want to stamp M390.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Viper stamps any of their blades.

Right on. That makes sense. It wasn’t a thought on stamp vs etch so much as size and location. Carry on!

The Viper Swayback I have is stamped m390 on the tang
That's interesting.
Are you sure it's a stamp and not an etch.
Anybody have a closeup of the Swayback tang stamp/etch?
It would be the icing on the cake if we could get the tang stamped.

That's interesting.
Are you sure it's a stamp and not an etch.
Anybody have a closeup of the Swayback tang stamp/etch?
It would be the icing on the cake if we could get the tang stamped.

Taking a look on CollectorKnives at some of the other Viper offerings like the Sowbelly (swayback doesn't have any examples yet), the M390 is on the tang but there's still some logos etched on the blade as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back