1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

BF2020 Knife from Maniago Poll

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Jul 20, 2020.

Frame / Blade Options

Poll closed Jul 23, 2020.
  1. Barlow (Clip, Spear, Sheepfoot) 3 3/4"

109 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Swayback Wharncliffe 3 5/8"

117 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. Sowbelly Clip 4"

68 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. Bolus (Clip, Spear, Drop Point) 3 13/16"

27 vote(s)
    10.4%
  5. Swinguard Spear 4"

28 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. Gunstock Clip 3 1/2"

64 vote(s)
    24.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    I agree except the confusion some of us have run into ie myself accidentally only voting for 1 and then many, myself included, not knowing enough about the swinguard and gunstock option until @knifeswapper last post.

2. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    I'm sticking with my vote even after seeing the sketches, not a fan aesthetically of the gunstock pattern. More power to those who do however, it's a fun concept.

Will Power and TFBraden like this.
  3. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I like one of the ones that are winning. :p [Fingers crossed!]

JohnDF and btb01 like this.
  4. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    We're a ways from that.
    Just keep an eye on this forum for additional threads or posts regarding the progress. If a consensus is reached, and there's enough interest to move forward, along with some other incidentals, there will be a thread indicating where and how to order.

cobbgoblin, JohnDF and Prester John like this.
  5. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Solid move here, @knifeswapper. I'd be ecstatic to see the Gunstock win, but the novelty of the Swinguard is also appealing.

6. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    This is the first time I've been around to see a forum knife progress, I didn't see I could pick 2 until I'd already cast my vote. I went Barlow, but any of the choices would be cool. Thanks for your work @knifeswapper. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Onearmbladenut and Haegar like this.
  7. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    I'm excited to see lots of talk of horn this year. Could this finally be the year I get my RAMS HORN???

Sacto, Ramrodmb, Will Power and 7 others like this.
  8. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    With how fine the horn has been on these Italian knives - it would most certainly get my vote.

9. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    I am with the idea of Rams Horn but it is funny since I believe I recall one reason Mike hasn't had them on newer runs was complaints about it mostly either people not getting one that was their ideal coloring. To me even non-ideal coloration of Rams Horn is great looking.

10. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    If ram's horn is offered, I hope there will be a wood or micarta option as well.

Which, come to think of it, would be a first for the BF knife if it were the case -- right? I can't recall one that was offered with multiple covers, but it is early and I need more coffee. :D

Onearmbladenut, hornetguy and JohnDF like this.
  11. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    That gunstock mock up is nice! Definitely would be something different in terms of our forum knife!

blademan 13 and Jathes like this.
  12. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Gettin up at the crack of noon, are ya? :D

Dadpool likes this.
  13. TX180SX

TX180SX Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2011
    i kinda dig that swing guard drawing. I would actually like that over a barlow, but I think the swayback is still my favorite option so far. :thumbsup:

Are there any swing guards that look similar to the drawing? Specifically the way the guard fits neatly with the handle?

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  14. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2018
    "Made in Italy" My Uberti Cowboy revolvers are tougher than the Colt originals. European Walnut wood is mostly used on those revolvers. I stripped off the cheesy gloss finish on every Uberti revolver that I own. A satin clear finish on European Walnut would look so stunning on those 2020 BF knives. European Walnut looks better than American Walnut.

blademan 13 likes this.
  15. cobbgoblin

cobbgoblin

Dec 4, 2014
    This is great! Those drawings for the gunstock and swing guard are very cool. I love my two barlows, so I’m all in for a BF version!

16. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Major point.:thumbsup::cool: I found all that nonsense about wanting to be a lemming and be on the 'winning side' to be enragingly tiresome :D

Pomsbz, btb01, blademan 13 and 2 others like this.
  17. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    I've always wanted to see Ram's Horn on a Forum Knife but the box stuffing, changing my vote 200x to be with the majority antics, scuppered previous attempts at enlightenment ;):mad:

Mufflon is used a lot on Italian and Sardinian knives and other European makers too, with great effect and it's quality stuff. However, it is anything but uniform so don't expect your knife to be anything like another's- but isn't that the draw of it, like Stag (but better):cool:

18. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I think we would experience something similar to what occurred with the 2018 knife and the Elk covers - a lot of variety and opinions.

With Rams Horn, in my opinion, I haven't seen a bad piece yet - even if some examples turn out to be on the plain side. I have had light, dark, mixed, smooth, and/or textured in terms of examples and they have all been exquisite.

ETA: I surely hope Mike isn't done with Rams Horn - that would be a tragedy...

19. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    It looks like my choice of the swayback is in the running, but I’m really rooting for the swing guard. I have a swing guard from Rough Rider. I don’t think I would carry it often, but it is a really pretty little knife.

20. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Swayback is a very nice size though, not too big or small I'd say :cool:

Onearmbladenut, Cvrobinson and Haegar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.