• Swinguard Spear 4"

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • Gunstock Clip 3 1/2"

Votes: 64 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I like about not being able to change our vote is that people will not be able to play games with the polls, changing their votes at the last second.
I agree except the confusion some of us have run into ie myself accidentally only voting for 1 and then many, myself included, not knowing enough about the swinguard and gunstock option until knifeswapper knifeswapper last post.

I'm sticking with my vote even after seeing the sketches, not a fan aesthetically of the gunstock pattern. More power to those who do however, it's a fun concept.

I voted for the swayback, how do we get on a list or pay a deposit?
We're a ways from that.
Just keep an eye on this forum for additional threads or posts regarding the progress. If a consensus is reached, and there's enough interest to move forward, along with some other incidentals, there will be a thread indicating where and how to order.

I am with the idea of Rams Horn but it is funny since I believe I recall one reason Mike hasn't had them on newer runs was complaints about it mostly either people not getting one that was their ideal coloring. To me even non-ideal coloration of Rams Horn is great looking.

If ram's horn is offered, I hope there will be a wood or micarta option as well.

Which, come to think of it, would be a first for the BF knife if it were the case -- right? I can't recall one that was offered with multiple covers, but it is early and I need more coffee. :D

If ram's horn is offered, I hope there will be a wood or micarta option as well.

Which, come to think of it, would be a first for the BF knife if it were the case -- right? I can't recall one that was offered with multiple covers, but it is early and I need more coffee. :D
Gettin up at the crack of noon, are ya? :D

i kinda dig that swing guard drawing. I would actually like that over a barlow, but I think the swayback is still my favorite option so far. :thumbsup:

Are there any swing guards that look similar to the drawing? Specifically the way the guard fits neatly with the handle?

"Made in Italy" My Uberti Cowboy revolvers are tougher than the Colt originals. European Walnut wood is mostly used on those revolvers. I stripped off the cheesy gloss finish on every Uberti revolver that I own. A satin clear finish on European Walnut would look so stunning on those 2020 BF knives. European Walnut looks better than American Walnut.

This is great! Those drawings for the gunstock and swing guard are very cool. I love my two barlows, so I’m all in for a BF version!

I've always wanted to see Ram's Horn on a Forum Knife but the box stuffing, changing my vote 200x to be with the majority antics, scuppered previous attempts at enlightenment ;):mad:

Mufflon is used a lot on Italian and Sardinian knives and other European makers too, with great effect and it's quality stuff. However, it is anything but uniform so don't expect your knife to be anything like another's- but isn't that the draw of it, like Stag (but better):cool:

I am with the idea of Rams Horn but it is funny since I believe I recall one reason Mike hasn't had them on newer runs was complaints about it mostly either people not getting one that was their ideal coloring. To me even non-ideal coloration of Rams Horn is great looking.

I think we would experience something similar to what occurred with the 2018 knife and the Elk covers - a lot of variety and opinions.

With Rams Horn, in my opinion, I haven't seen a bad piece yet - even if some examples turn out to be on the plain side. I have had light, dark, mixed, smooth, and/or textured in terms of examples and they have all been exquisite.

ETA: I surely hope Mike isn't done with Rams Horn - that would be a tragedy...

It looks like my choice of the swayback is in the running, but I’m really rooting for the swing guard. I have a swing guard from Rough Rider. I don’t think I would carry it often, but it is a really pretty little knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back