BF2020 Viper Swayback Discuss Thread

ahhh.... I misunderstood the post... I thought he was from northern Canada... which, if I'd thought about it, I'd have known that was incorrect, from reading other threads... old age ain't for sissies.... :oops:
My Dad used to say that, "...getting old ain't for sissies.."
I'm finding personal verification these days, although most the people I hang with (or hung with pre covid world) are older than me, so I'm still the "pup" :) Just kind of an old, creeky "pup" :p

VkXyE3q.jpg

flhNiwZ.jpg

Well I didn't want to drop some bad news until I was sure,but I had been missing my forum knife for a few days. Notice I said "had", this story does have a happy ending. I thought I had left it on the jobsite,but looked to no avail. Knowing only other people who would have been there aside from me and the girls that do our painting would be the home owners. Any of them would have mentioned finding it though. Well today when I got home I had to throw a bag of construction trash into a trailer to be hauled later this week,and what do I find in the grass beside it? My knife of course! I believe the last time I put it in my pocket I put it in my watch pocket. That pocket on the jeans I was wearing Thursday is shallow and I hadn't been carrying it in it but instead in the regular pocket because it sticks out. It was rainy Friday and frosty in the mornings but it doesn't seem affected in any way. I was prepared to drop the news it was lost once I got settled in for the evening, but turned out good in the end.

Well I didn't want to drop some bad news until I was sure,but I had been missing my forum knife for a few days. Notice I said "had", this story does have a happy ending. I thought I had left it on the jobsite,but looked to no avail. Knowing only other people who would have been there aside from me and the girls that do our painting would be the home owners. Any of them would have mentioned finding it though. Well today when I got home I had to throw a bag of construction trash into a trailer to be hauled later this week,and what do I find in the grass beside it? My knife of course! I believe the last time I put it in my pocket I put it in my watch pocket. That pocket on the jeans I was wearing Thursday is shallow and I hadn't been carrying it in it but instead in the regular pocket because it sticks out. It was rainy Friday and frosty in the mornings but it doesn't seem affected in any way. I was prepared to drop the news it was lost once I got settled in for the evening, but turned out good in the end.
Glad you found it.... it's a bad feeling, thinking you've lost a knife. Back in my pre-traditional days, I had a "first production run" CRKT swindle that I really liked... and lost it. I waited a few days, and bought another one. Of course, it wasn't a "first production run" one.... I had the new one for about 3 days, when I was rummaging around on the floor for something, and spotted the first one about 2 feet back from the edge of the bed, in the carpet. I still have no idea how it got there. So, now I have two...:D
Not a good feeling, though.

Watch-pockets are a kind of Knife Bermuda Triangle for loss :eek: Stopped using them long ago after a couple of close runs....
Most of my work pants have huge watch pockets. I had been buy Schmidt brand pants. They was the house brand for Tractor Supply, but recently they quit selling that brand and started selling priceier "tactical workwear":mad::thumbsdown: Thats exactly what I need, pants that look "tactical" for carpentry work and feeding horseso_O:thumbsdown: Oh well here's a blurry dark pic of my Viper back on the job with its most common companion.
4ODmk0K.jpg

Been out of town and just got mine yesterday, and already in the pocket. With medium color and character, and nice flat covers even with the bolsters for a nice thin profile, it's a user through and through.

slwG4Ey.jpg

o7xoCwu.jpg

I was interested in comparing it to my stainless GEC Viper, and found that even though the BFC ram's horn is 0.20" (one-fifth inch) shorter when closed, the sharpened edge bevels are as close to exactly the same as I can measure.

4QAGKuZ.jpg

ZeFPPsF.jpg

Been out of town and just got mine yesterday, and already in the pocket. With medium color and character, and nice flat covers even with the bolsters for a nice thin profile, it's a user through and through.

slwG4Ey.jpg

o7xoCwu.jpg

I was interested in comparing it to my stainless GEC Viper, and found that even though the BFC ram's horn is 0.20" (one-fifth inch) shorter when closed, the sharpened edge bevels are as close to exactly the same as I can measure.

4QAGKuZ.jpg

ZeFPPsF.jpg
And the joint is further sunk. This Viper swayback is superb.

Well ... I moved mine on down the road. It was absolutely gorgeous and I loved the lines, the blade, everything save the half stop. But it just didn't fit my hand. Not only is the handle a touch too short for me, but the shape causes my little finger to feel awkwardly placed. I knew that I wasn't going to carry it, so I sold it to a friend for what I paid. One of those knives you love on paper. Dang.

gaj999 gaj999 But you certainly did the right thing:cool: When a knife doesn't suit, it won't ever suit and selling it on to somebody who probably will like it is far better than neglect in the drawer.

Mine's going nowhere but my pocket :D

I discovered another nice feature about this knife recently. The nail nick is machined in such a way that it provides a little "bite" of purchase if you want to pinch open the blade rather than use the nick with a nail.

Glad to hear you found it that one would of hurt! I lost a knife from using my watch pocket and never again. Depending on the size of the knife and the pocket it’ll have a tendency to work it’s way out so I’ve found out.

Some of the ones I sent out are half way there, now that they've left Japan...I have one for Alaska too, but I've been hoping to deliver that in person.

Back